Profile for Stacy McArdle > Reviews

Content by Stacy McArdle

Stacy McArdle "Stacy McArdle" (Crystal Lake, IL)

Stand and Deliver: The Autobiography
Stand and Deliver: The Autobiography
by Adam Ant
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars I FEEL LIKE I JUST SHARED A FEW BEERS W/ HIM AT A QUAINT PUB, 17 Oct. 2006
Wow. There is no other artist that won my heart and soul over like Adam Ant did. My first concert ever was when I was just 13. It was Adam Ant w/ the Romantics, Aragon Ballroom, Chicago. There were girls, who had fainted, being carried out on stretchers all around me, bras floating by in the air, and screaming unlike anything I have heard since. I will be forever grateful to my parents for allowing me to go.

Anyway, I enjoyed many years of Ant music and then he disappeared. I have hated all these years with him hidden from the scene. I really missed him.

Now this autobiography comes along, and he's personally reading it? VERY COOL!

I received the cd set yesterday and after 4 hours or so I can say that I was completely & thoroughly entertained. I learned a lot too, about other musicians and the music scene in general. I used to consider Adam a fascinating icon. Now I see him as a person, a mortal. He made me laugh, gasp and cry. If you are an Ant fan, you need this! If you aren't an Ant fan, I don't "get" you, but you'll find it interesting nevertheless.

In closing, I like him even more than I already did.