Profile for ballybee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Mud
Mud

5.0 out of 5 stars Great acting, lovely film., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Mud (Amazon Instant Video)
Absolutely brilliant performances. Especially from the actor who plays the (main) wee boy. He is definitely one to watch! Would recommend.

Your Sister's Sister
Your Sister's Sister

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth wasting your time, 15 April 2014
Slow, dialogue was pretty crap, and ending was a total anti-climax. The two female leads were well acted, the guy however I thought could have been better in parts. At some point during the movie I was just waiting to get through it and see the ending, but when that came I felt that it was totally unfair the way it was cut short. I guess that was the intention, so you never really know what happened, but still it was a really frustrating ending to a forgettable and frustrating film. My advice is don't waste your time on it.

Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File in Aluminimum Case
Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File in Aluminimum Case
Offered by Just Beauty UK
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars seems extravigant but well worth the extra pennies, 10 Mar 2014
I felt quite guilty splashing out on such an expensive nail file, but I've had it for several months now and it shows absolutely no wear. I've heard friends say they've had theirs for years and they are still going strong. So when you stop and think about it, it's actually saving money in the long run. No more throw away files, no more metal ones that rust or rip your nails to pieces, and no more split nails. It's so gentle and fine, my nails haven't dragged or felt rough at all after using it. I'm so impressed I bought one for my mother too. She borrowed it quickly one day and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, and she's not easily swayed by gimmicks or fads. It is an indulgence, but it's a practical one and if I lost mine I would buy another tomorrow in a heartbeat.

Warm Bodies
Warm Bodies

5.0 out of 5 stars best movie I've seen this year, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Warm Bodies (Amazon Instant Video)
I really wasn't sure about this movie, thought it would be a run of the mill teenage sci-fi flick with barely a story line and just loads of visual effects and cheesy one liners with hot actors thrown in for eye candy. Boy was I wrong. It was surprisingly intelligent, heartwarming (forgive the pun), and refreshing. I'm sorry I waited so long before giving it a go to be honest. Yes, the punch line is sort of John Lennon ish, love conquers all. But for some reason the way it was acted and the modesty of it made it really believable and moving. Fantastic performance from the two lead actors too, Hoult has got his 'zombie' act nailed. Loved it!

Kitchen Craft Master Class Seamless Silicone Oven Glove With
Kitchen Craft Master Class Seamless Silicone Oven Glove With
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 9.12

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 18 Sep 2013
What can I say? Does the job it was bought to do. It's not very exciting, but most of us need to take things out of the oven occasionally and this definitely keeps burns at bay. It was bought because we don't keep our oven pristine clean (all of the time!), and I was getting tired of trying to wash oil stains out of previous oven mits. Most of them ended up in the bin after a year or two. With this you just run it under the tap with some soap and give it a wipe. Simple as.

PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)
PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)
Price: 13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 18 Sep 2013
After switching to ecigs which require usb chargers, having an iphone and and ipod I was getting tired of constantly juggling where to plug them all in when they needed charging. I noticed that none of them charged fast enough when connected to my laptop and I only had one usb wall charger. So after much research I finally found this and I am very happy with it so far. It charges all of my devices just as quickly as if plugged into one single usb wall charger and even when they are all connected and charging at the same time. Plus, it saves on space and is especially convenient when I'm traveling (I don't have to pack about 3 different plugs). I'm not an electrical wiz kid like others on here, but I can definitely say that after using for it for a few weeks now it does the job and does it well.

Burt's Bees Hand Salve
Burt's Bees Hand Salve
Price: 6.66

5.0 out of 5 stars smells amazing and does the job, 18 Sep 2013
I bought the tips and toes tester kit and a small tin of this was included.. it's a thick solidified oil that looks a bit like vaseline but is thicker and smells amazing. It's not creamy or gloopy at all and absorbs really quickly (so long as you don't take too much). The reason I bought this and not another burts bees hand cream was because it doesn't leave a residue and it's super moisturizing. It also smells amazing and the size of this tin lasts - had it for a month now and still has 90% left. So, it seems pricey but pays off longer term.

Cozy Plush Cat Heatable Soft Toy
Cozy Plush Cat Heatable Soft Toy
Price: 11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars cute cat, 18 Sep 2013
This was bought for a 6 year old who absolutely adores it. She can't go to sleep now without it. It smells of toasted lavender and once heated for a couple of mins, keeps its heat for hours. Word of warning, do not overheat otherwise it smells a bit 'burnt', but this also quickly fades, especially if like us you put an extra drop of lavender oil on its belly once in a while. Only small gripe is that it is very damp after the first few heats and we have to kind of toss it from hand to hand to help it to "breathe" before giving to its owner. Best thing about this cat is that the hands and legs are hot too, only the head is padded. If I thought no-one would laugh at me, I would even consider getting one for myself! But at 30 odd years I'll stick to my normal (boring) square heat bag and resort to stealing the odd cuddle from my neices' warm cat.

Samsung UE22F5000 22-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD and USB Movie Playback (2013 model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tv, 18 Sep 2013
For anyone apprehensive about investing in HD for a 22inch TV I can wholeheartedly say it IS indeed worth it. I was unsure whether paying the extra for HD would benefit such a (relatively) small tv but I am really really impressed with the difference, even on 22 inches. I would even go so far to say that Samsung are the best for LED TVs, and I freely admit that am a bit of a perfectionist (at least I notice when things are not quite right). Picture is perfect, sound is very good, not 'tinny' as other reviewers have said, and the samsung TV software is friendly and easy to use. I can even store my 'favorite' channels so that the TV guide only shows them, and not the 20-30 other shopping channels that now exist on freeview in the UK. It's like the shopping channels don't exist in my world which is wonderful. TV was bought for a medium sized bedroom so 22 inches fits in scale with the rest of the room - not too dominant but still big enough to provide a more than decent viewing experience. I haven't tried wall mounting it, it's quite happy sitting on my bedroom drawers, but the weight of this unit is surprisingly light and it's incredibly thin. Overall, I am happy with my choice. Why? Because the picture is fantastic - honestly much better than I expected, the sound is impressive from such a small device, and the software is effortless to use. My only (small) gripe would be that Samsung don't offer a 24/26/28 version of this model for those of us who have slightly bigger bedrooms/kitchens etc, and don't want a massive 32 inch to dominate the room. Still, I am more than happy with the 22 inch.

Update: March 2014
Unfortunately my original TV developed a fault - it started turning itself off and then on again randomly. I found out through searching online that this is not a new problem with samsung TV's and it's a bit hit and miss if you're unlucky or not. But, I can't fault amazon, once again they came through with cherries on top and this is the reason they have my trust and confidence: I chatted with an customer service guy and he had dispatched a new one within 30 mins of our chat. No forms or proof needed, no silly questions asked, I didn't even need to return the faulty one before he'd dispatched the new one. I had thrown out the original box so he suggested using the box from the new one to return the faulty TV. I was so impressed with the level of service from Amazon, they bent over backwards to sort it out asap with the least level of disruption/hassle to me. Amazing! And the new replacement is working perfectly so far.

Darling Sofia Sleeveless Women's Dress Mocha  12
Darling Sofia Sleeveless Women's Dress Mocha 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 9 May 2012
This dress is truly stunning... it has the feeling of old style, maybe 1920's?, feminine beauty about it. I couldn't be happier... The size is accurate - I ordered a 12 and it fits like a glove. It may be a little bit short for me because I'm tall, but nothing that gives away the dignity of the dress. Truly a classic!

Page: 1 | 2