Profile for SayPookGuyJuy > Reviews

Content by SayPookGuyJuy

SayPookGuyJuy

Patuoxun® Desktop Dock Cradle Charger Power Supply Charge Station for Sony Xperia Z3

5.0 out of 5 stars Official Sony one does not look as good as this and is more expensive, 30 Jun. 2015
Official Sony one does not look as good as this and is more expensive.

It is well built and comes with a USB charging cable.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT PERFECT FIT., 19 Feb. 2015
Even though I placed it right at the top edge of the screen it still overhangs on the bottom by 1mm.

The film is also too thick which causes cloudy stress marks when bent. Had to bend slightly to remove the rest of the backing when applying on screen.

Expensive for 2 small screen protectors. You would need at least 6 of these to cover an LG G3 screen. You can buy a pack of 6 LG G3 screen protectors for £1.99 + £1.99 p&p through a company called ESonline here on Amazon and they also come with a cleaning cloth and plastic applicator.

May have rated 3 stars if it came with at least 6 screen protectors, a cleaning cloth and applicator.

Gigaset C620A - cordless phone - answering system with caller ID
Gigaset C620A - cordless phone - answering system with caller ID
Offered by sotel-electronics

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed! Not UK installation ready out of box, 16 Jan. 2015
Bought direct from Amazon.co.uk for £76.43 NOT through Marketplace supplier.

Bad Points:

1. All German Language Manual.
2. 2 Pin Euro Powerplug. (Luckily had 2 pin shaver plug from Poundland AS NO BRITISH ADAPTER PLUG WAS SUPPLIED).
3. Weird euro phone connector which does not plug into BT Master socket due to size. (Used old cable from previous phone).
4. Phone handset menu language was also in German. (Set to English Language with aid of downloaded English Manual).
5. The black colour version of this phone is £44.50, why such a huge price difference?
6. Phone ringtones are bad with only 1 acceptable one. Which I expected having read numerous reviews on the black version of this phone.

Good Points

1. Nuisance Call Block
2. Looks nice
3. 26 hours talk time as opposed to 13 on my old Panasonic phone.
4. Not made in China
5. Reasonable build quality.

Billion BiPAC 8800NL VDSL2/ADSL2+ with Gigabit and USB Port Wireless N Modem Router

4.0 out of 5 stars Good VDSL2 router but does not find the best Wireless Channel Automatically, 23 Aug. 2014
Purchased for use with Plusnet FTTC. Easy to set up. Wireless was less so. I have owned 4 routers in the past, all of them selected the best wireless channel automatically.
When I first did a wireless test I was getting 1mb to 16mb download using speedtest.net. Mostly it was 1mb. I was going to send this back to Amazon. I then logged into my router, went to Configuration>Wireless>Advanced. The Channel was on Auto, next to this was the current channel automatically selected by router which was 6. When I went to Scan Channel it came up with another popup box stating all Channels used by my neighbourhood. channel 6 had 3 devices using this and the interference was severe. Channels 1 & 4 were also used. I selected Channel 2 and the router then stated interference acceptable. I ran Speedtest.net again and I was consistently getting 30 to 41mb download speeds. Wireless range is better than My Sky Router. I wish Billion made nicer looking routers though like the Asus range.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2015 5:07 PM GMT

Solar and Dynamo Powered LED Torch - Flashlight and Emergency Mobile Phone USB Charger - Black
Offered by FuriAuto

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Torch, 15 Sept. 2013
Bought 3 of these torches 1 lasted a week before not turning on. Although you can still power 2 out of 3 bulbs by winding the handle continuously (goes out when you stop). The middle bulb does not work. The other two are still working but they went very dim after 3 weeks. Despite having this torch on the window sill all day in very bright sunlight. I brought these torches after my brother brought another solar torch back from holiday. This is still very bright and working. The torch mentioned can be found here: Merchandising SOLR FL Infinite Solar Flashlight As these torches are so unreliable I didn't want to go through the hassle of exchanging them. I have a strong feeling that they will also fail.
I'm going back to using using my Unicom wind up torch which can be found here: Uni Com Wind Up Silver Torch 57871
I have had this for at least 2 years and it is still nice & bright.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit, English, 1 Pack, DSP OEI (PC) (This OEM software is intended for system builders only)

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! Only 16GB of System Memory allowed!, 8 Dec. 2012
Had to return this to Amazon and purchase Windows 7 Professional as this allowed me to use my full system memory which is 32GB.

It is disgusting how Microsoft have to charge you extra so you can use the full capabilities of your OWN hardware. Mac operating systems are a lot cheaper and don't have this limitation. Also linux operating systems like XUBUNTU which is free allow total freedom of how you use your hardware.

If I didn't need to run Cubase 7 I wouldn't waste my money on this pile of cr*p!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2013 5:17 PM BST

Cyclone Pocket + Supports H.264 MKV 5.1 CH Surround Sound 2.5" HDD Media Player
Cyclone Pocket + Supports H.264 MKV 5.1 CH Surround Sound 2.5" HDD Media Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Expected better from Sumvision!, 3 Aug. 2012
Having owned a Sumvision Cyclone MKV 2 Adaptor beforehand (and still do) I was extremely excited about this product.

I had to replace the Power Supply Plug after over a year on my MKV 2 Adaptor as the main unit led was flashing on & off and the player would NOT turn on. This is what made me buy the Pocket+ to replace this and then use the MKV 2 for a backup.

These are the problems I had:

1. No instructions on how to install the hard drive. In the end I just slotted it in and put the lid on. The PCB did look as though it had 2 holes in which to mount the hard drive but this would involve unscrewing the four screws holding in the PCB and then turning it around. Something I wasn't keen on due to ESD.

2. No instructions on how to format the hard drive for use in the enclosure. I formatted it in windows using NTFS and on quick format. This is to support any file over 4GB. Files recognised and played fine when connected to TV.

3. Remote sensor very bad when compared to my MKV 2 adaptor as noted by previous reviewer. If I want to skip a long boring sequence on a movie on 2X speed you can't hear the speech and the frame rates are all jerky. The MKV 2 adaptor does this smoothly and you can hear the sped up speech.

4. Sometimes does not turn on when pressing the power button on the remote. Need to un-plug from the mains and re-plug in for it to turn on.

5. Settings sometimes not stored, even though I have shut down properly according to the manual.

6. The input ports are too close together, had to take about 2mm off the plastic connector (with a scalpel blade) so that the optical lead would fit next to the power cable. I tried two other optical cables beforehand. If you have the hdmi lead connected along with a USB lead it is also tight, fortunately no cutting.

I have tried to get past these issues by installing newer firmware. WARNING! Do NOT install the pocket firmware like I did as this is for their lower spec model without the 5.1 channel sound support. Wait for the Pocket+ firmware to come out.

It now does NOT recognise my remote.

I'm hoping that if and when new firmware is released I can use the following method which I found on another website (NOT Sumvisions):

1) download the Firmware
2) RENAME the .IMG file to install.img You do not need the silly Gumph that comes with the file or its long ass file name!
3) Drag the IMG file on to a USB stick
4) Insert the usb flash disk into the usb port on the back of the MKV Adaptor
5) hold down the power button and keep it held down while connecting the power, do not let go of the power button.
*keep holding the power button in for 30-35-40 seconds until you see a screen saying "Firmware updating" and a circular count down below it.
Wait for it to finish updating and reboot its self...

I've also emailed their technical support I hope they reply soon!

Update: Had email from technical support at 5:48pm (on Friday) saying they will be able to provide me with the firmware on Monday or sometime next week as the manufacturer is China based. Quite quick response considering I sent it at 5:43pm the same day.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2013 10:19 PM GMT