Profile for happyreader > Reviews

Content by happyreader

happyreader "jstarling" (East Anglia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fractured
Fractured
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Very good and thought provoking. I wondered how the writer was going to end it as it could so easily have tailed off into something unfinished and unsatisfactory for the reader, but it was perfect. Can't believe this is her first book and look forward to reading more by her.

White 3D Cute Cartoon Ox Cow Silicone Soft Case Cover for Apple Iphone 4 4S 4g
White 3D Cute Cartoon Ox Cow Silicone Soft Case Cover for Apple Iphone 4 4S 4g

5.0 out of 5 stars A very happy granddaughter, 7 Mar 2014
My 11 year old grand daughter chose this and is thrilled with it. Many thanks, it's fun yet very practical.

The One Plus One
The One Plus One
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
I finished this last night - a lovely ending to a really thoughtful and tender story. All the characters were believable, and I was with them all the way. Some tear jerking moments, a superb read.

The Last Telegram
The Last Telegram
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next one!, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Last Telegram (Kindle Edition)
I LOVED this book. Lily and all the other characters were so real I felt I was living with them and going through everything they went through. Liz Trenow tells a superb story wonderfully well. A perfect ending which had me in tears. I look forward to her next.

The Girl You Left Behind
The Girl You Left Behind
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - can't wait for the next one., 28 Oct 2012
This is a beautiful, poignant story, cleverly and sensitively told. You have to keep reading to find out what happens, and even when you think it's nearly over, something else crops up which tilts the balance. I lay in bed this morning finishing it and was wiping away tears at the end. Lovely.

The Kitchen Diaries II
The Kitchen Diaries II
by Nigel Slater
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best, 23 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Kitchen Diaries II (Hardcover)
Nothing much to say, really. Just perfection, absolute perfection. The size of the book,the writing, the recipes, the photographs - so low key and yet so right - there's nothing to fault in this book. Bless you, Nigel Slater, a hundred times over.

My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You
My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You
by Louisa Young
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars A very special book, 8 Feb 2012
Every now and again you read a book which makes you think, and you remember it long after you have finished it. This is one of those books. This is also one of those books which you wish you had bought as a book and not as a download, as you want to share it with others.
I recommended it to a friend who is travelling in Vietnam/Cambodia and she emailed today to say she had just finished it and said "what a sad,joyous, lovely love story. Thank you for recommending it".
That's about it, really.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A difficult subject, a brilliantly written book, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
All I can say is : read it; it will make you think, laugh and cry, possibly all at the same time. I am glad I finished it in the privacy of my own home and no one could see me crying my eyes out. Well done, Ms Moyes, this was thoroughly believable and agonisingly real. Will and Lou will remain with me for some time.

The Very Thought of You
The Very Thought of You
by Rosie Alison

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 11 Jan 2012
This was a lovely book. A sweet, sad, uplifting story which made me want to read more by the author. I look forward to her next book.

Snowdrops
Snowdrops
by A. D. Miller
Price: 6.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Snowdrops (Paperback)
I was disappointed in this book. Most of the reviews were enthusiastic enough for me to buy it, but it never really got my attention. I wasn't interested enough in the characters to care how it ended, though it was easy to see that there wasn't going to be a fairy tale ending. I've read better books on Russia.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3