Profile for Ali > Reviews

Content by Ali

Ali (Newcastle upon Tyne)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
kwmobile TPU SILICONE CASE for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9190 / i9195 Penguin design Blue - Stylish designer case made of premium soft TPU

3.0 out of 5 stars looks good but the fit isn't great., 13 May 2015
My daughter loves it and it does look good but the fit isn't great - it is inclined to fall off - this was for a Samsung S4mini.

SanDisk SDCZ50-064G-B35 64 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
SanDisk SDCZ50-064G-B35 64 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, but perfectly formed...., 13 May 2015
I can't get my head round how such a tiny memory stick can store such a huge amount of info. I bought the 64GB version and, over Easter, set myself the (thankless) task of saving 11 years of camcorder footage onto my pc then converting it to mp4 and saving on this lovely little stick. Approx 35 hours on it so far and I keep it plugged into my smart tv permanently so I don't lose it and it is just there, ready to be watched when I get some free time.
It was just plug and go for me - really, really excellent

Highlander Large Combo Cover - Black
Highlander Large Combo Cover - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars keep your rucksack protected and their straps out of the way., 13 April 2015
I have had two of these for YEARS to protect our rucksack on flights and they have done the job comprehensively. Excellent also as some airlines are grumpy about "straps" and don't hence like rucksacks but this keeps it neat. Can't comment on waterproofing as we only use ours for flights. Love them. totally

Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind Lite
Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind Lite

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value for money, 8 April 2015
Excellent value for money. OK the story barely hangs together - there are several "areas" that are only tenuously linked but there are a lot of games for your money, not too many hidden object, so I considered it money very well spent.

Oxford Cottage: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
Oxford Cottage: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

1.0 out of 5 stars Stretching credibility so far it snaps, 29 Mar. 2015
Sorry I really disliked this. Have read lots of P&P variations and they vary significantly in quality and this one was very very disappointing. Elizabeth is a clever child - fair enough but she is a right smug know it all in this. The idea of Mr Bennet, the Earl of Matlock and Mr Darcy senior plotting a marriage between our principals from childhood and then low and behold they fall in love on sight - sorry - stretching it a bit. The idea of the cottage is good - I like that- but once Whickham takes action (trying not to give spoilers here), Elizabeth's obsession with being clever when she is in a very scary situation, is just shallow and silly. Plot moves too fast here also and some serious cases of bad editing What- is she trying to be a Regency Sherlock Holmes in a skirt - it just doesn't ring true, nor does her behaviour later.
In summary, a good idea which gets lost about a third of the way through.

ghd Wonderland Gift Set
ghd Wonderland Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality - I bought in the amazon flash sale ..., 27 Jan. 2015
Excellent quality - I bought in the amazon flash sale so got for excellent price - registered with ghd so they are genuine and my daughter says they are infinitely better (and quicker) than her Babyliss ones.
Makes for less hassle in the morning for me so win, win.

fi9® SAMSUNG GT-I9190 I9195 GALAXY S4 MINI STYLISH PRINTED LUXURY SOFT SILICONE CASE GEL COVER POUCH SKIN + SCREEN PROTECTOR

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Jan. 2015
cheap and cheerful - my daughter loves it and it fits her phone perfectly.
Great item

kwmobile TPU SILICONE CASE for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9190 / i9195 Flower design White Light blue etc. - Stylish designer case made of premium soft TPU
Offered by KW-Commerce

5.0 out of 5 stars ... loves it and it fits very well - highly recommended., 27 Jan. 2015
Cheap and cheerful but my daughter loves it and it fits very well - highly recommended.

adidas Performance Boys' Predito LZ TRX TF Football Shoes 4 UK
adidas Performance Boys' Predito LZ TRX TF Football Shoes 4 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice trainers but not for kids with wide feet - ..., 27 Jan. 2015
Nice trainers but not for kids with wide feet - my son was recently measured at Clarks as a 3H and bought him these trainers in size 4 (allowing for football socks) - they were long enough but too narrow so they had to go back. Had this problem with adidas before - think Nike are better for wide fittings.

Winter at Netherfield Park: Darcy and Elizabeth What If #6
Winter at Netherfield Park: Darcy and Elizabeth What If #6

2.0 out of 5 stars Idea is fine but the writing is not......, 7 Jan. 2015
This is a very short little book -nothing wrong with that nor with the general premise but the writing is terrible - "he said, "she said" - no depth, no character, no power of language.
No good.