Profile for Jenny - Healer > Reviews

Content by Jenny - Healer

Jenny - Healer (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Natural Solutions to Menopause: How to stay healthy before, during and beyond the menopause

4.0 out of 5 stars A book that is not just for women, 9 Oct. 2014
A very useful book, particularly for younger women as well as those in the perimenopause who may think some of what they are experiencing is abnormal or strange but in fact it is par for the course. A very down-to-earth approach to this stage of a woman's life with clear information. I know it's probably not possible to do it any other way but I found the descriptions of symptoms and potential health issues rather depressing. It seemed to go on and on but a lot of the information applies to everyone, male and female alike, and it is perhaps a measure of the very unhealthy way most of us live in the west that we are potentially at risk from these debilitating chronic diseases. But I don't want to detract from the fact that this is an essential handbook for traversing through the stages to postmenopause and to having a happy and healthy postmenopause when we get there.

Knitting Stitches Visual Encyclopedia (Teach Yourself VISUALLY Consumer)
Knitting Stitches Visual Encyclopedia (Teach Yourself VISUALLY Consumer)
by Sharon Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars For keen knitters, 9 Oct. 2014
Excellent source book, which has given me lots to think about so that I can incorporate these stitches into projects. Very clear and concise with particularly clear illustrations of the stitches. If you're a keen knitter, this is a wonderful book to have in your library.

Crones Don't Whine: Concentrated Wisdom for Juicy Women
Crones Don't Whine: Concentrated Wisdom for Juicy Women
by Jean Shinoda Bolen

3.0 out of 5 stars How to become a crone, 9 Oct. 2014
Luckily this is a short book which makes it much more useful - Bolen is fairly succinct in her descriptions of crones. I think a lot of what she talks about, however, related perhaps more to American women than to British. I feel the book was written primarily for the American market. It contains a lot of wisdom but much of it for me was what I already knew - perhaps because I've lived a fairly long time now and have come across and experienced a lot of what she was talking about. A useful book for those who are not yet crones but in training to become crones! An interesting writer.

The Man Who Risked It All
The Man Who Risked It All

5.0 out of 5 stars A steady and interesting read, 9 Oct. 2014
Although this story seems unlikely, it actually holds your attention so that you keep coming back to it quite happily to find out what's going to happen next. There is also some philosophy of life woven into the story which makes it more compelling. There will be parts of it that some readers will probably want to think about in relation to their own lives and the way they live them - but it's not overtly self-help. The story keeps moving at a steady pace to keep you engaged and the ending is unexpected but quite satisfying.

Summerland
Summerland
by Leo Bonomo

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple and inspiring book, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Summerland (Paperback)
Leo kindly let me have a copy of this book for review and I’m delighted he did. It is a simple story containing truths about the afterlife, some of which have been given to us elsewhere but not in such an easily accessible way. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we were courageous and enlightened enough to make this a story that was read to primary school children? It is one that can be accepted as just that – a story – no different to the fantasy tales that are always so popular with children. But read and explained by teachers in a sensitive way to allow children to make up their own minds, it would be far better than offering the dogma offered by religion and help little ones perhaps to have some wisps of the memory of their real home in Spirit. I found it uplifting and inspiring – and also, in places, very familiar as I’m sure others will too. Alex is a sympathetic, ‘boy-next-door’-type character admitting to many of the fears and insecurities we all have and learning that love can overcome fear, something we can all get to grips with here on the Earth plane if we choose to do so. Underlying the story, the atmosphere in which we live on Earth pervades the events described in the book showing us how difficult it is to focus on love rather than fear. A good, short, informative and enjoyable read.

Fly Like An Eagle
Fly Like An Eagle

4.0 out of 5 stars A great album, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Fly Like An Eagle (Audio CD)
Lots of typical Steve Miller-type stuff in here so it certainly doesn't disappoint in any way. Very nostalgic good music.

The Best of Bread
The Best of Bread
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Best of Bread (Audio CD)
I bought this as a bit of nostalgia and whilst it is exactly that, it does sound very dated now.

All Things Must Pass
All Things Must Pass

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritually satisfying, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: All Things Must Pass (Audio CD)
The fact that George was so spiritual is reflected in this album and makes it one that I will play often and which will lead me to reflect on the way we are living.

Living In The Material World
Living In The Material World

4.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, as always, 28 Mar. 2014
It's lovely to be able to hear George Harrison still whenever I want to. His music is like comfort food.

The Memory Of Trees
The Memory Of Trees
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark and delicious, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Memory Of Trees (Audio CD)
Another wonderfully atmospheric CD from Enya, which takes you into another world. I think I'd like to take my iPod into a forest and listen to this for a while. Great!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5