Profile for G. Carter > Reviews

MetaWars: 1: Fight for the Future
MetaWars: 1: Fight for the Future
by Jeff Norton

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC READ!!!!!!!, 16 April 2014
META WARS book 1 is an epic read. It is fast paced, full of detail and, as far as my opinion goes, it reads just like a favourite video game. If I had to use just one word to describe it I would use "gripping".
The action begins almost on the first page with our hero, Jonah, who is plunged into meeting The Guardians and a battle to find the truth. The Jonah character has a realness, what I call "word flesh" which is when the author gives the character so much detail that you can imagine them as an actual person. He is easy to understand and connect with.
Jeff Norton combines mystery, action, adventure and a real understanding of a teenage boy's mind. If I were a reluctant reader I would be attracted by the book cover and after the first ten pages would be hooked. However, I'm not a reluctant reader and was hooked after the very first page.

New Scotland Yard Forensics Kit
New Scotland Yard Forensics Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Forensics Kit, 12 Jan 2010
This is a great product. Bought it for my 8yr old son and he found the scenarios challenging but followed them without a problem. He watches programmes with a forensics theme so he was excited to be able to copy the techniques. The fingerprinting was a hit as was the unknown substance testing. He followed the experiment instructions faithfully and was able to duplicate the results easily.
I recommend this for children who are interested in science and have some degree of patience as some of the experiments require waiting a short time for results to appear.New Scotland Yard Forensics Kit