Profile for Dirk Schooner > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Corsair Voyager Mini 32GB USB 3.0 Key Ring Size Flash Drive - Brushed Aluminium
Corsair Voyager Mini 32GB USB 3.0 Key Ring Size Flash Drive - Brushed Aluminium

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 7 months, 9 Jun. 2014
Although this is small and fast, there is no protection for contacts, when attached to a keyring, the surface quickly becomes scratched and worn, the casing is also quite thin and bends out of shape. I have seen a few people have these mini usb drives fail quickly, not just this manufacturer, so I've ordered a new one with good protection and larger size.

Drive failed suddenly and without warning today, RMA in process, will probably sell the replacement as I don't trust these mini drives now.

Ex-Pro® Panasonic DMW-BLC12E, DMWBLC12E High Rated Power Plus+ 2 Year Warranty Replacement ID Secured Lithium Li-on Digital Camera Battery for Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5, DMC-G6, DMC-GH2, DMC-FZ200 [EXACT DECODED]
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with GH2, 28 Mar. 2014
Got one of these as only a little more than the non-chipped version. Not sure how accurate the battery meter is compared to an original battery, it seems to loose one bar after an hour or so, then the next bar after only 15 mins, I switched it off after that so i don't know if the auto shut-off works as I did not want to drain the battery too much first use. Looks like it will match the original in terms of shooting time though, so I'm happy with it as a second battery.

Portable Mini Carbon Fiber Crane Jib Arm Camera DSLR Jib Crane
Portable Mini Carbon Fiber Crane Jib Arm Camera DSLR Jib Crane
Offered by Emgreat (Shipping time 7-15 days)

5.0 out of 5 stars For this money you can't go wrong, 28 Mar. 2014
Used this with a Lumix GH2 12-35mm f2.8 lens and a Rode VideoMic Pro and 3KG of diver's weights on the end - fully extended. Even with this fairly light kit on the end, there is some bend in the top tube. I would not want to put something much heavier on this rig. I mounted it on a fluid head tripod, takes a while to get level, also have to check for lateral skew on the arms to make sure everything is plumb. When it's set up and balanced, it's really nice to use, smooth and fluid, but any shock or vibration will make it wobble, so have to be careful and gentle with it. Packs up small enough to carry, fairly light, but remember, you need the weights. It comes with a bag to hang over the hook and put sand or shot it, but it looks a bit odd with it on, so I used weights directly on the hook. I might suspend the weights after my first job with this, it might stop some of the wobble. If you have image stabalization on your camera it will take out all but the most serious wobble. In short, it performs well, is quite easy to set up and gives your shooting a great look. can't wait to use it again for the next show I shoot.

Ivuna 3M (3 Meter) High Speed Meter Mini HDMI to HDMI Cable (Latest 1.4 / 2.0 version) 1080p Full HD 3D & Audio Return Channel - Ideal For Connecting HD Devices using the Mini HDMI connector, For Tablets Camcorder Cameras or any device with Mini HD Port
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cable, 28 Mar. 2014
Good construction, good tight fit and thick cable, worked without fault and even does not hold it's bend too much like some others do.

Seagate Expansion 4TB USB 3.0 desktop 3.5 inch external hard drive
Seagate Expansion 4TB USB 3.0 desktop 3.5 inch external hard drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, quiet and works out of the box with Win 7, 6 Dec. 2013
A good fast hard drive works great with USB3 connection on Win7.

Took it out of the box, pluged it in and started using it, no problems.

Win 7 64 Service Pack 1.

Great for backup and even fast enough to use for editing HD video although this is not it's intended use I tested it out and it worked fine, almost as quick as an internal hard disk.

I got one to see how it worked, so happy with it I am just about to order another to back up video work and free up the space on my hard drives for new projects.

Cables long enough to reach most setups, which can sometimes be a problem.

No1GS - ORIGINAL Logitech MX3000/3200 WAVE LX710 S510/520 Mini receiver dongle. C-UAK42

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find item works perfectly!, 21 Nov. 2013
I bought one of these after my existing one failed (I broke it). Been searching ebay and Amazon for a while, some silly prices. Then i found this for sale by accident. When it arrived (quickly) I took it out the envelope, plugged it in and my keyboard was alive again. For this price you can't get a decent wired keyboard, so to have my Logitech Wave working again is worth it.

Carhartt 100289 Odessa Cap
Carhartt 100289 Odessa Cap
Offered by Eliware

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite cap, 27 Sept. 2013
Must have purchased about 15 caps since my old favourite cap wore out, none of them were quite right, this however, is just right. it's totally cotton, so no nasty itching from synthetic fibre or that stiffening you find in some caps. it's velcro adjustable, good and thick band. fits just right even on my huge bonce. it's got a slightly worn look to it, I think this will last me many years. Good quality fits well, looks good, all I ever wanted from a cap.

Bresser LED magnifier 2,5 x 85mm
Bresser LED magnifier 2,5 x 85mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 27 Sept. 2013
I have real trouble reading small print and trying to see what socket to plug accessories into machines, often black on black small print, and looking about inside computers, and other objects. this is perfect. Feels solid in the hand, really well built and the double brightness setting is great. did not find the 6x distracting at all as its totally out of focus until you need it and move it closer to object. Really nice case and cloth with it. I think I made the right choice with this purchase.

Bresser  Magnifier third Hand
Bresser Magnifier third Hand

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 27 Sept. 2013
I do a fair bit of soldering and working on small parts, this is just excellent. I have struggled with one of those multi armed cheap versions, which are not really fit for purpose and the glass started falling out. This is well designed, clips to the edge of the desk just right and stable, arms and glass can be moved into any position and the LED light is very useful, if not that bright. I agree with other reviewer, the arms need either locking or I might even thread lock or glue them in, it's a bit annoying that they loosen off with counter clockwise rotation. Still 5 stars though, I can't find anything better than this anywhere, will make work a lot easier.

Unitek Y-9313 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Reader 8-in-1 Multi Card Reader CF, TF, Micro SD, SD, MD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC Compatible Mac OS
Offered by Tick Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recognised under Win7 64 bit, 13 Jun. 2013
This looks nice and has a strong aluminium case. Unfortunately it is not recognised in USB3 ports on 2 different PCs. Plug it into a USB2 port and it gets recognised and tells you it can run faster in a 'super fast uSB3 port'. THis might be win7 64 bit, it's the only OS I have tried it on. Returning item.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2013 4:26 PM BST