Profile for BG > Reviews

Content by BG

BG "Billyboy" (Suffolk England)

Pro 300M Wireless Shutter Remote Control Release fits Nikon D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5300, D5200, D600, D7000, D7100, D90 DSLR as MC-DC2
Offered by BV-electronics
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Feb 2012
I had been looking for an automatic shutter release to use with my Nikon D3100 when using larger lenses for wildlife. I had looked at several alternatives from very cheap to stupidly expensive when I stumbled upon this piece of kit at Amazon.
I read the reviews and thought I'd give it ago, I am delighted that I did. First of all it arrived the day after I had ordered it and when I opened it I was suprised at just how compact it was. The first time I connected the lead to the camera I found the plug very tight but perhaps thats not a bad thing. Unforunately there are no instructions at all with this product and I experienced the same problems as other reviewers such as I had not turned the reciever on, I also found continuous shooting very slow until I realised that I had the handset on delay. Once these points were sorted I am more than happy. The item is small enough to carry in my pocket and although the receiver impedes the flash when fitted to the hotshoe my main use is for 500mm lenses, so flash won't be needed. Positioning is not a problem and I have succesfully fired the camera through two internal walls. Great little item and I highly recommend it.

Regatta Boot Bag-O/S Black
Regatta Boot Bag-O/S Black
Offered by Legendary Leisurewear
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Regatta boot bag., 21 Feb 2012
Me and my wife already had boot bags with which we were very pleased. I bought this one for my walking partner as he had admired ours.
The bag is well made and a must when returning from muddy walks., it keeps the car clean. The price was very good and delivery time (2 days) was excellent.

Braun Oral-B Triumph 5000 Rechargeable Power Toothbrush with Smart Guide
Braun Oral-B Triumph 5000 Rechargeable Power Toothbrush with Smart Guide
Offered by Decrescent
Price: 70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent buy., 28 Aug 2011
Braun Oral-B Triumph IQ 5000 Rechargeable Power Toothbrush with Smart GuideI am really pleased with this Braun toothbrush, since I have had it my teeth have become noticeably cleaner and my gums have stopped bleeding and are looking really healthy. I replaced my original Braun about 3 years ago with a Phillips Sonic, which was being advertised at my dentists, it never really worked for me, and I needed regular descaling at the dentists. I decided to try Braun again and I am glad I did. The brush comes with 3 different brush heads each of which has a different use and I have found it has paid to persevere with good results being noticeable after only two weeks. I have found the gum brushing cycle very good and I use it every day the result being a vast improvement in my gums, I can't wait to hear my dentists reaction. My only gripe is that the brush takes a long while to initially charge and appears to need longer charging than I am used to. The little Smart Guide may be a bit gimmicky but at least it makes you realise that it takes longer to clean your teeth than thought.

Major and Mrs Holt's Battlefield Guide to the Somme
Major and Mrs Holt's Battlefield Guide to the Somme
by Tonie Holt
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars The Somme, 6 Mar 2010
I have visited The Somme on several organised tours but I am now planning one with relations. This book has proved really helpful and provides all the information I have needed to plan our trip. I found the suggested tours within the book have given me a basis upon which I have made up tours of our own. I have used the book in conjunction with various web sites when planning and I cannot recommend it enough.

LaCie Hard Disk design by Neil Poulton 1TB USB 2.0 - 7200RPM
LaCie Hard Disk design by Neil Poulton 1TB USB 2.0 - 7200RPM

4.0 out of 5 stars LaCia Hard Disc, 3 Mar 2010
I have now had this item for 6 weeks and I use it as back up on my I MAC. I run it in conjunction with Apple Time Machine and it has performed really well, it is quiet (Contrary to reports I read before I bought it) and completely non intrusive, I like the blue light which glows in the back ground. Setting it up was amazingly simple I plugged in the mains wire and the USB and the computer did the rest. I would certainly buy the same product again.