Profile for Ms. Gwyneth Jones > Reviews

Content by Ms. Gwyneth Jones

Ms. Gwyneth Jones (Hull, E Yorks, England)

Isotoner Wonderfit Isotoner Original Spandex Women's Gloves Brown One Size
Isotoner Wonderfit Isotoner Original Spandex Women's Gloves Brown One Size
Price: 11.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Best driving gloves, 18 Jan 2014
These gloves fit extremely well and grip the steering wheel as they are supposed to. The only problem was they are brown and I thought I had ordered black as shown on site. However Amazon were extremely good in refunding my money while I ordered the black.

The Babylon Rite
The Babylon Rite
by Tom Knox
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Another author I often read, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Babylon Rite (Paperback)
This book I stuck with although I wasn't very keen on the viciousness of the plot. I realise various ancient peoples had some macabre cultures which was why I stuck with the book but I think maybe I'll seriously consider his future books.

Death in St James's Park: 8 (Exploits of Thomas Chaloner)
Death in St James's Park: 8 (Exploits of Thomas Chaloner)
by Susanna Gregory
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars One of my usual authors, 18 Jan 2014
I like the Thomas Chaloner group of books by Susanna Gregory although I found this one a little tougher to get through.

Crocheted Beanies (Twenty to Make)
Crocheted Beanies (Twenty to Make)
by Frauke Kiedaisch
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of patterns, 18 Jan 2014
The patterns were easy to follow and plenty of different patterns to choose from. The basic patterns were also easily adaptable to include plainer types if I needed them.

Angel Malone 100 x Gold Loops Quality Stainless Steel Bracelet Memory Wire
Angel Malone 100 x Gold Loops Quality Stainless Steel Bracelet Memory Wire
Offered by Angel Malone
Price: 2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality for the price, 18 Jan 2014
The memory wire was good quality for the price paid and I had no complaints about how it handled or performed.

The Deceit
The Deceit
by Tom Knox
Price: 3.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough plot information!, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Deceit (Paperback)
There was no indication online that the book had anything to do with the occult which is a subject I hate. It was only after receiving it and reading the byword that I saw the writer has researched the subject for the plot. I would never have bought it in the first place if I had known.

Defiance - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Defiance - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Grant Bowler
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new Sci Fi, 18 Oct 2013
Lots of great aliens and the interaction between the species plus sidelines of plots no one knows the answers to. Congrats to the writers for creating new cultures and the fascinating differences and similarities between sentient beings. The plots are old and new at the same time and gritty enough to keep me watching. Look forward to the next series.

Eureka: Season 5 [DVD][Region 1] [US Import][NTSC]
Eureka: Season 5 [DVD][Region 1] [US Import][NTSC]
Offered by passionFlix UK
Price: 13.17

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for UK dvd, 30 April 2013
I only hate it because I couldn't watch it! There is no indication on the Amazon web site that this particular edition of Series 5 could only be seen in Region 1 and not in the UK. Consequently I have sent it back to the supplier and am still waiting to get my money back. I would seriously like to also receive the postage as the supplier is in Switzerland but whether this will happen remains to be seen. Details on the website should have been clearer so that buyers do not have to make this kind of mistake and consequently be out of pocket. I have always been extremely pleased with service from Amazon but this time I feel seriously let down.

Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 3.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Does Mamma Mia come up to scratch?, 18 Feb 2009
Music absolutely brilliant but not much of a story. Great for Abba fans and plenty of feelgood factor but not something I can't wait to watch again. Scenery did make me nostalgic for Greece though! Loveley place, lovely people. Am convinced there will be plenty of English tourists this Summer in the Greek Islands making idiots of themselves after sampling the odd Retsina, doing silly dances singing their aheads off! Can only add to the general conviction of mad dogs and English men (and women).