Profile for APrdg > Reviews

Content by APrdg

APrdg (Berkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Le Creuset 1-Piece 22 cm Cast Iron Le Creuset Cast Iron Round Bistro Casserole, Cerise
Price: 130.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cost gets forgotten, Quality lasts, 13 Jan 2014
I have noticed that chefs on TV recently have been using these pans to cook with, instead of Teflon-lined saucepans. I understand why, being a proud owner of several...

1. they are non-stick, and unlike those cheap (or expensive!) Teflon lined pans, they won't shed any grey lining into your food. Ever. Teflon lining is, according to the manufacturers, "not harmful to your health, if ingested", but do you really want to be eating that?
2. although Le Creuset is more expensive than other similar cast iron pots, I strongly feel that it is not just the brand name, the pots I have are perfect in their finish, I handled the cheaper pans when thinking about whether it was worth spending more money, they ALL had minor imperfections in the glaze, or rougher edges, that was in several shops, different brands.

If you look after the pan by soaking/ handwash (don't stick it in the dishwasher!), then it should last many years. My original pan is 11 years old, still great to cook with, and much loved.

Children's High Visibility Waistcoat Medium 7-9 years
Children's High Visibility Waistcoat Medium 7-9 years
Offered by Quickdraw Stationery UK
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars buy a size bigger anyway, 13 Jan 2014
I was guided by other reviewers advising to go a size bigger than your child would normally fit to allow for winter coats. But the jackets, although of a good quality and finish, are on the small size, this fitted my slim 4year old boy round the body, just a bit long, but manageable to ride his bike.

High Visibility Childrens Safety Vest Waistcoat Jacket Large Size
High Visibility Childrens Safety Vest Waistcoat Jacket Large Size
Offered by School Wear United
Price: 2.60

4.0 out of 5 stars buy a size bigger anyway, 13 Jan 2014
I was guided by other reviewers advising to go a size bigger than your child would normally fit to allow for winter coats. But the jackets, although of a good quality and finish, are on the small size, this fitted my slim 120cm boy (just about to turn 6y.)

Tweezerman Neon Pink Slant Tweezers
Tweezerman Neon Pink Slant Tweezers
Price: 12.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts for many years, 28 Nov 2013
I can vouch that I have owned a pair of this tweezers for the best part of a decade, and they still look as good as new, (despite living in the bottom of make up bag)

More importantly, they are still precise in grabbing single hairs.

Worth their weight...

Sunncamp FN9558 Multi Hanger - Black
Sunncamp FN9558 Multi Hanger - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but..., 21 July 2013
Was delighted to find one of these, so I could hang shirts & dresses up to dry outside.
However the base is not weighted at all, so the slightest breeze blows it over.
Now after a couple of months, one of the arms has broken off, rendering it totally unstable.
I would only recommend it for inside use, but isn't that what doorframes can do already??

Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF20 Sunscreen 200ml
Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF20 Sunscreen 200ml
Price: 15.34

5.0 out of 5 stars decent waterproof sunscreen, 21 July 2013
I use this sunscreen specifically for outdoor swimming, I can be in the water for 60min, and still feel my skin is protected afterwards.
My skin is very fair/freckly.. only have to look at the sun, and I burn if not protected!
It is very runny, so care needed when dispensing. It is one of the fastest drying products I have used, so apply it in small handfuls at a time. The product is very strong smelling of alcohol, so perhaps not ideal for people with dry or sensitive skin. I personally do not use it on my face for this reason. I also would not recommend use on children.
The guidelines state you should use 30-40ml each time you apply, so a 200ml bottle will give you approx. 5 to 6 applications. Pricier than some high street brands for sunscreen, but definitely worth investing in. Just make sure you cover thoroughly, take your time not to miss any areas. It will stain lighter fabrics, as clearly stated in the directions, so best to apply before getting dressed for the day.
I give this product 5* for the activity I bought it for; I have not reddened or burnt at all, and I have used it frequently during recent heat wave.

Leifheit, Pegasus 180, Large Clothes Airer,
Leifheit, Pegasus 180, Large Clothes Airer,
Price: 45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars worth paying a bit extra for.. believe the hype!, 15 Jun 2013
Well, looking through the reviews, I have to agree with all the positive comments, I think everyone has covered the fact that this is a very robust yet lightweight drier, I can dry full loads of laundry outside very effectively then in the evening we can pick the whole thing up (with clothes still on it) bring it inside - it fits through the back door - to fold clothes up. It even stands up to the kids making hide-outs under and around it! Cheaper than buying them a Wig-Wam ;-)

We have owned cheaper versions, but have had to weight them down outside, whereas this one has not blown over or collapsed in the 6 months we have had it.

I like that it has "sock pegs" along one rail, they dry much quicker hung up on this. The pegs are removable if you didn't want to have them.

on the very rare occasion we need to put this away, it folds easily, and more importantly for me, stays folded up, no crashing over in the cupboard!

A must-have if you have a bigger family, (we are 5) and don't want to use a tumble drier, or the whole house to look like Wishy-Washy's Laundry shop!!

Rubie's Knight Fancy Dress (Large)
Rubie's Knight Fancy Dress (Large)
Offered by Mouse2Mat24
Price: 10.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great outfit, but top is on small side, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Boys Knight Costume (Toy)
My 5year old is a skinny(ish) 115cm tall boy. I ordered the large size, as given the measurements, thought he could grow into it.

The top fits nicely now, but is not roomy. It is shiny polyester, with Velcro tabs that do up down the back. It is well finished, with good detail on the hemming. the top was long enough to cover his bottom.

The hood was a snug fit, Velcro tabs x2 under the chin to do up, made of soft material with padding to keep its shape, it was worn without fuss!

The trousers are a softer polyester, elasticated waist, but more appropriately sized to age 7/8, they were about 10cm too long for my boy. As he was going to a soft-play centre for a party, he wore a pair of black trousers instead, but still looked good.

As a testament, when the children went up to the party room, the soft play centre had a rail of dress up clothes, and they had these exact same outfits! A quick look showed they were still in good nick... it's the sort of place that puts thought into quality of content, so I was happy that having searched for this dress up costume, we bought this one.

Lullabies from Nature's Nursar
Lullabies from Nature's Nursar
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars soothing music for your little ones, 15 Dec 2012
I was given this CD when my eldest child was born, we put a small CD player in her room, and incorporated playing this lovely relaxing music to her at naptimes and bedtime. She would settle much easier with the music, we had several CDs, but this was the favourite for her and me.
It also helped me to unwind with her during those first few tiring weeks/ months.
It has gentle traditional lullabies, played very skillfully with the flute, piano etc, with 'nature' sound in the background complementing it, most tracks are running water stream/brook noises, though there are several bird call tracks, which I like but daddy finds the 'PII..PII!' birdcall repetition on a certain track annoying.

I put it on in the car recently, and the soothing effect on her was instant! Another trick in the toolbox for parents. :)

Melissa & Doug Classic Toy Bead Maze
Melissa & Doug Classic Toy Bead Maze
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy.. looks like it'll be a favourite for a long time, 27 Nov 2012
The kids all love playing with these whenever we see them, and this is up there in terms of quality, being colourful and interesting enough to hold their attention. It is finished to a high standard, I don't think the wires will bend out of shape, and the base is finely sanded, so no chance of splinters.
It is also solid and chunky.. I am so pleased I decided on this slighty more expensive frame, its worth spending a couple of pounds more for something that will (maybe???) see another generation.....you never know, my kids play with my old Fisher Price toys at their Nanas!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3