Profile for SomethingMeaTy > Reviews

Terrible

Underworks Mens Compression Body Shirt Girdle Gynecomastia Shirt 2X White
Underworks Mens Compression Body Shirt Girdle Gynecomastia Shirt 2X White

5.0 out of 5 stars A struggle, 10 July 2014
OK, I slated this item when I first got it because I'm a first time user of these things and I didn't realise just how much work you were meant to put in to getting these things on. At first you might think that the item is too small for you, but trust me it will fit fine, you just need to beat it into submission. Once on it's a pretty neat bit of clothing.

Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter for MacBook Pro with Retina Display Only (only for latest MacBook 2012 onwards)
Offered by Onogo

2.0 out of 5 stars Electrocution., 9 Sept. 2013
It works in as much as it recharges my laptop's batteries, but every time my wrist strays to the bottom of my laptop I get a slow but painful shock on that part of the skin. For some reason this thing also makes my whole laptop vibrate for no reason. And yes before asking, I got the exact same one as was supplied with my original mac, this isn't consumer negligence.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2014 7:45 PM GMT

Ready Player One
Ready Player One
by Ernest Cline

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Read, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Ready Player One (Paperback)
I picked this book up two days ago, and yesterday I put it down. This book was incredibly addictive for me. For all of you who've ever dreamed of living in a virtual reality, just buy this book. It really brings to life every aspect of this awesome dream that I'm still waiting to become a reality. If you have a remote interest in gaming, just buy this book, you won't regret it.

1984 Nineteen Eighty-Four
1984 Nineteen Eighty-Four
by George Orwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing, 8 Jun. 2013
I've just finished reading this book and felt compelled to write a review for anybody who might be sitting on the fence.
As the title suggests, this piece is truly astounding. It's both a brilliant book as well as being incredibly insightful. It manages to demonstrate the inner workings of a totalitarian state with the types of technology we have today and really opened my eyes as to the sorts of tactics that can be employed in these scenarios. Not only this but it managed to teach me about quite a few concepts that otherwise would have remained a mystery. Although this book can be slightly daunting in of the lexical complexity that is often utilised by this book, I found it a really useful way for myself to gain a deeper grasp of the English language which I am really grateful for.
Overall this book pretty much has the whole package. It has a brilliant story and teaches you a fair bit about governmental structure, which is far more interesting than it sounds. I can't recommend this book enough, just buy it and throw yourself into this awesome story.

C++ Programming in easy steps, 4th Edition
C++ Programming in easy steps, 4th Edition
by Mike McGrath

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not without its flaws, 22 Oct. 2012
This book, from what I can tell is very thorough and great for beginners such as myself. Coming from the perspective of a person who knew literally nothing about programming, this book has given me a decent insight into the world of C++, providing detailed explanations, and the source code for every example if you get confused. That said some of the methods used just did not work for me. Like writing the code in notepad and just naming it "Something.cpp" did not work with the compiler at all, for anybody suffering the same issue, download microsoft visual studio express 2010/08 and open .cpp files to do your programming. There were also a few things nearer the end of the book that required intuition on the readers part in order to understand, there were certain things used in the examples the book gives that just weren't detailed at all in a separate paragraph, and at times the writer seemed to assume that the reader had prior knowledge which, for a beginner, was not helpful. That said, on the most part this book was very concise and well detailed with a few minor issues.