Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2
Honeysuckle Cottage (Galley Beggar Ghosts)
Honeysuckle Cottage (Galley Beggar Ghosts)
by P.G. Wodehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars Very small book., 5 Jun. 2015
60 pages in a tiny little paperback?Even at £3.50 it's way too expensive. Never thought of checking the measurements.Thought it would be a nice present for a Wodehouse fan but don't quite know what to do with it.

Prayer for the Dead: Inspector McLean 5
Prayer for the Dead: Inspector McLean 5
by James Oswald

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing., 3 Jun. 2015
Enjoyed James Oswald's earlier books but I found his last not up to his previous standard.This one is really disappointing and had it not been for his high standard of writing and likeable characters-I really like McLean-I would have given it only 2 stars.The plot meandered and was quite repetitive;I found myself almost skipping to get to the final dénouement.Cannot recommend,sorry.

Aveeno Aveeno Anti-Itch Concentrated Lotion, 4 oz
Aveeno Aveeno Anti-Itch Concentrated Lotion, 4 oz
Offered by LifeBox UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy., 17 Feb. 2015
It's just hydrocortisone and calamine!Not a typical Aveeno product at all.

Rieker  Y8063 Boots Womens  Black Schwarz (schwarz 01) Size: 7 (41 EU)
Rieker Y8063 Boots Womens Black Schwarz (schwarz 01) Size: 7 (41 EU)
Offered by P&P Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy., 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Rieker Y8063 Boots Women's (Shoes)
Love these boots-so comfortable. But not sure how to clean them-any hints?

Island
Island

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing., 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Island (Kindle Edition)
I seized on this as I normally love Thomas Perry's novels especially those about Jane Whitefield but I found this simply unreadable. Only gave it 2 stars not 1 because it seemed churlish towards an author who has given me so much pleasure in the past.

Christmas Drama Collection Triple DVD Box Set - Flint Street Nativity, Lost Christmas and Fast Freddie, The Widow & Me
Dvd ~ Lawrence Fox

1.0 out of 5 stars Fast Freddie,The Widow and Me, 2 Jan. 2014
This particular DVD is faulty-sticks half way through.Checking the individual reviews when it was sold as a single disc this is common.Don't buy.

Under a Silent Moon (Detective Inspector Louisa Smith Book 1)
Under a Silent Moon (Detective Inspector Louisa Smith Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing., 1 Nov. 2013
I'd read Elizabeth Haynes' previous thrillers and loved them so I was really looking forward to this.I hate publishing poor reviews but anyone reading this first might well be put off the others-don't be!This really isn't typical.I found it boring and bitty;couldn't engage with the characters who were very two dimensional.So sorry.

Human Remains
Human Remains

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping., 28 July 2013
This review is from: Human Remains (Kindle Edition)
It's always exciting when you discover a new writer.Very well written and with interesting characters.Quite disturbing but also thought provoking.

Chosen
Chosen

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a yawn., 28 July 2013
This review is from: Chosen (Kindle Edition)
Disappointing after her last book.
I found this rather boring and predictable.Well written but just didn't engage my interest at all.Very unusually I didn't finish it.

Marilyn Hotchkiss Ballroom Dancing & Charm School [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire., 27 Feb. 2013
I love Robert Carlyle.Why he wasted his talent on this dross I cannot tell.Was it a straight to video film?Badly written,acted,danced;sentimental and unbelievable.Two hours of my life I'll never get back;except I fastforwarded all the children's bits so it was less.Off to Oxfam with this one.

Page: 1 | 2