Profile for iMatt94 > Reviews

Content by iMatt94

iMatt94

5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml (Pack of 4)
5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 3 Oct 2014
These cans work just as well as their more expensive competitors but I do think they give off a little more moistures than some others. Also by the time I had cleaned out my ATX pc the can had become so cold it was difficult to hold on to.

The best way to use it is first spray it away from the item you are cleaning until the spray is clear (i.e no more moisture is coming out of the nozzle).
Then use very short burst sprays on the area(s) you are cleaning.
If you notice the spray is leaving traces of moisture, give the can a shake and repeat the first two steps.

If you are cleaning a desktop case, then start from the top and work your way down. Also hold any fans you are spraying in place at the centre with your finger when cleaning to stop them from spinning.

Overall I am happy with the cans and they do the job I need them for.

Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 6-in-1 Pack By Terrapin
Offered by ClickJunkie

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but has its problems, 3 Oct 2014
First things first, there are a lot of people complaining about the size of these screen protectors but I have used this to replace the original one that came on the nexus 4 device when I bought it from the Google Play store and the size is essentially identical. So this is not an issue. It fits the touch screen perfectly if lined up correctly but does not cover the border/bezel around the edge of the touch screen.

My issue however is with the quality. The reason I wanted to replace the original screen protector was that over its lifespan (around a year to 13 months) the plastic had become perforated in places which meant that if I tried to push out the air bubbles they would refill again due to these tiny holes that were scattered across it. To my disappointment when I applied one of these new screen protectors it was already perforated in 6 places so straight away, without any use, I have 6 little air bubbles on my screen I cant get rid of. The applicator card is also tiny and very flimsy, rendering it useless. Just use a credit card. The screen protector also feels a little tacky so swiping isn't as smooth but I'm sure this will improve with use.

It gets 3 stars because of the very low price, £1.90 for 6 at time of purchase, and the possibility that the other 5 I am yet to use may be of better quality than the one I am currently using.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Game, 16 Aug 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Got the game today, ordered on Tuesday arrived Saturday, and instantly started playing. The graphics look notably fantastic from the offset and the game throws you into the action a lot quicker without too lengthy a tutorial. I spent around 40 minutes playing the first introductory sequence as the game gives you free reign to explore the island, loot chests, find treasure, synchronise viewpoints and all the other good stuff we expect from assassins creed.

However, this exploration did lead me to discover the rather unpolished controls. Those who have played previous AC games will be used to holding 'RT' and 'A' to jump from obstacle to obstacle, now you just need to hold 'RT' and push in the direction with 'LS'. This leads to a lot more mistakes and you'll find yourself accidentally jumping in the wrong direction now and again. A bit annoying but I'm getting used to it.

In terms of game play the land based memories are much the same as those of previous games in the series. Usually, go into restricted area and find/follow/destroy/assassinate a target. Aside from stalking zones (shrubbery you can hide/move around in) this is exactly the same as how things have played out before.

Exploration is where this game comes into its own, the world is a place of beauty and almost everything can be climbed, scaled or interacted with in some way. There is lots of fun to be had, whether you like gathering collectibles, stirring up trouble with guards, entering naval battles, clearing forts, hunting animals or just free running. There are plenty of ways to fill in some times.

If the controls were more fluid and the camera angle wasn't so awkward at times then I would happily give this a 5 but these nuances drop it down to a very solid 4. Definitely a recommended purchase, especially at the low price it is.

eSynic® Latest Version 1.3 WPS 300Mbps Wireless Wifi Repeater Range Network Router Extender Booster Complies with IEEE 802.11N/G/B Extend Your Wi-Fi Coverage
Offered by eSynic

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant across the board, 11 July 2014
The item itself works very well and I had none of the issues mentioned by other purchasers in setting it up. The item comes with a quick installation guide that contains detailed instructions in how to set up your repeater. I had mine up and running within ten minutes.

My desktop pc is situated upstairs from our router and got a signal strength of two bars (51%), my laptop got the same signal level in this room and my phone only got 1 bar. Now, with the repeater, all devices get a signal strength of the full 5 bars (87%). Just make sure you place the repeater somewhere that has a good wireless signal if you are hoping to replicate these results and also take note that this redistributes signal horizontally, not vertically. The latency on my wireless signal has also reduced massively (from 100+ to around 60) so if you want to use this item with a games console or a gaming pc to reduce latency at your end then this should be perfect.

Onto the customer service, which was absolutely fantastic. As the item had arrived outside of the expected delivery date I left that as a note in my feedback for the product and then thought nothing else of it. A few days later I received an email from the seller apologising for the late delivery of my item and offered me a full refund in compensation. I was taken aback by the obvious consideration this seller takes for its customers and would happily purchase more items from them.

Overall its a fantastic product for a fantastic price and you couldn't ask for a better seller. 100% recommended.

Zalman Z9 Plus Midi Tower Case - Black (ATX, M-ATX, 7 Expansion Slots, Supports Bottom PSU Installation, Upto 7 System Fans, Tool Free HDD Installation)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Case for Price, 2 July 2014
Runs cool with AMD/ATI system. Never seen the case or motherboard temps rise above 33C and have gone as low as 25c, hard drive sits at about 28c. Good airflow with plenty of fans.

Found cable management difficult to organise due to very large case and relatively short psu cables, luckily this comes with a CPU power extension.

Back fan is a little loud but with sound playing I cant really hear it.

Otherwise everything fit in nice and easy.