ARRAY(0xabdacca8)

Profile for M. H. Milner > Reviews

Content by M. H. Milner

M. H. Milner (Northern Ireland)

1,000 Artist Trading Cards: Innovative and Inspired Mixed Media ATCs (1000 Series)
by Patricia Bolton
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 24 Mar 2013
I liked this book because it had a lot to look at and the ideas could be adapted for my own use. I would recommend this book to friends .

Twelve by Twelve
Twelve by Twelve
by Deborah Boschert
Price: 14.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Postcards, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Twelve by Twelve (Paperback)
I was a little bit disappointed in this book, I have only just started to make inchies and postcards and was looking for some ideas - I suppose it just wasn't what I wanted and someone else might find it very good.

New Papercrafts: An Inspirational and Practical Guide to Contemporary Papercrafts
by Margaret Malone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for children, 24 Mar 2013
I got this book quite a time ago and it has been used many times by my grandchildren and the ideas in it as very easy to follow - I really do not know what it did with them before I got this book.

Mr Wolf's Pancakes (Mr Wolf Series)
Mr Wolf's Pancakes (Mr Wolf Series)
by Jan Fearnley
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pancake Day explained, 24 Mar 2013
I got this book to read to my Beaver Scouts on Shrove Tuesday and they thoroughly enjoyed it, I asked them how they thought it would end and none of them guessed correctly - this was wonderful as the ending hadn't been spoilt.

Love to Sew: Mug Rugs
Love to Sew: Mug Rugs
by Christa Rolf
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing read, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Love to Sew: Mug Rugs (Paperback)
I found this book very nice, it was explained well and the projects looked lovely when finished. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something small to make.

Ancient Lucet Knitting Kit
Ancient Lucet Knitting Kit
Offered by Millennium Music Cheltenham
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Ancient Lucet, 7 Oct 2012
This review is from: Ancient Lucet Knitting Kit
The lucet arrived as promised and contained lucet, wool, bodkin and written instructions which were easy to understand. I have made a spectacle chain, a bracelet and several lengths of braid for use in other projects. The pattern on one side was very useful when trying to remember which side you should start the braid.
Very pleased with the service and the lucet.

Quilting by Improvisation: Exploring Curves, Openwork and Dimension
Quilting by Improvisation: Exploring Curves, Openwork and Dimension
by Vikki Pignatelli
Price: 21.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilting by Improvisation Exploring Curves, Openwork and Dimension, 5 Mar 2010
I have only looked through this book but am in a hurry to get started on some of the techniques - they seem to be so lovely. I have several ideas but the days are too short to do all I want to do.