Profile for SC > Reviews

B.K.S Iyengar Yoga the Path to Holistic Health
B.K.S Iyengar Yoga the Path to Holistic Health
by B.K.S Iyengar

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have library choice for any yogi, 18 Feb. 2014
Straightforward and clear instructions on this alignment focused practice. Multiple angle shots enable a 360 degree view of the main poses. Modifications offered. Clear class ideas offered with sequences for a wide range of health conditions.

Key Muscles of Yoga: Your Guide to Functional Anatomy in Yoga (Scientific Keys): 1
by Ray Long

4.0 out of 5 stars So clear, 18 Feb. 2014
This series is extremely clear and useful, especially when explaining to students with little or no anatomy knowledge as the illustrations are so simple - in the most positive way.

App's have now surpassed these books for me however as seeing the body in motion is much more beneficial in my opinion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 11:21 PM BST

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
by Edwin F. Bryant

4.0 out of 5 stars Not fluffy, more literally translated, 18 Feb. 2014
Compared to my peers on my yoga teaching course, this version was much more literal and not poetically translated. I was very grateful for this as it offered clarity but on hearing others' translations, I will be buying more versions to use in class and for personal reading.

Andrew James Powerful 3-in-1 700 Watt DC Motor Red Hand Blender - 2 Year Warranty - 500ml Food Processor, Whisk Attachment and 500ml Beaker
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit for the price., 18 Feb. 2014
Only a few weeks in but I'm happy so far. I've not used the chopping attachment yet but both the blender and whisk work well. Top plus points for me are that it's easy to clean, easy to assemble and use, super convenient, no worktop storage space required and the beaker is just the right size for my daily green smoothie. If I had to think of negatives, it would be the need to chop up items before blending - when compared to a jug blender.

For the price, it's a great piece of kit, don't think twice unless you're getting an amazing jug blender.

SolePath
SolePath

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: SolePath (Kindle Edition)
To me, this has felt and read like a book about writing a book, many books, with references to all those books within this one!

To find your SolePath requires a consultation with advisers (on the website - charge applies of course), you can only hazard a guess at what your SP might be from this book. There are only a handful of pages with any actual content to help you discover elements about your SolePath characteristics (once you've decided which one), but this can also be found on the website free of charge.

I had high hopes following a personal recommendation but feel disappointed overall due to the lack of content. Although a pleasing topic/back cover, I just wish it stayed on topic as it reads more like an autobiography focused on the conception of an idea. Personally I feel any chakra/feng shui books provide clearer insight and useful tools and if you have an understanding of both or either of these concepts, I honestly do not think you will benefit from this book.

These are my own opinions - I am not usually so critical/negative and do not wish to cause offence to the author in any way or lovers of the work, which there will be thousands I'm sure.

365 Dalai Lama: Daily Advice from the Heart
365 Dalai Lama: Daily Advice from the Heart
by His Holiness the Dalai Lama

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as inspirational as I'd hoped, 13 Mar. 2011
I bought this book for some positive and motivational quotes to start each day off with, having appreciated the advice and quotes from HH Dalai Lama's book 'The Art of Happiness' The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living but this one doesn't hit the mark. OK as stocking filler for friends or if you've experienced loss and would like a fresh perspective on the subject.

The Art of Happiness in a Troubled World
The Art of Happiness in a Troubled World
by The Dalai Lama

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to flick back through, 29 Jan. 2011
Bought this for inspiration many years ago and it hit the mark. Have since bought numberous copies for friends who all seem to find what they need in it. Sections on romance and attachment really helped me wake up. Great to flick back through to re-awaken me when I wander off the path. Many a lyric can be found in this book.

Up
Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done, 29 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Up (MP3 Download)
Very shocked to discover the song I'd been listening to and loving at the gym was by The Saturdays! Feels wrong to like them but like them I do...to the point of booking a concert! Well done!

Only Girl (In The World)
Only Girl (In The World)

5.0 out of 5 stars W O W, 29 Jan. 2011
Words simply cannot describe the genius...listen for yourself...as this song is EVERYWHERE it should be easy enough. Cannot see anyone growing tired of this one, great video to match. One hot lady right now. New anthem for the women out there who need it!

Acapella
Acapella

4.0 out of 5 stars New fan, 29 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Acapella (MP3 Download)
Previously found Kelis a little too odd for my tastes (everyone has their opinion) but this track and others on the album made me sit up and take notice. Great, great track and love the lyrics.

Page: 1 | 2