Profile for Iulius Vladimir Toth > Reviews

Content by Iulius Vladimi...

Iulius Vladimir Toth

Page: 1 | 2
Hama Traveller Compact Pro Tripod
Hama Traveller Compact Pro Tripod
Price: 25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice tripod, 23 May 2014
The best tripod I've had so far. Love the ball head, very photography oriented. I can see where the hinges on the legs might prove to be a weakness in the future (got a roll of duct tape handy for that) - 1 star. Overall it's a lot of tripod for the money, heads and shoulders above the other budget tripods I've owned.

New Photo Series 1: Camera (Ansel Adams Photography)
New Photo Series 1: Camera (Ansel Adams Photography)
by Ansel Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Photographic technique, 23 May 2014
All you need to know about cameras. None of that digital mumbo jumbo either. The real cameras. Together with the other books in the series it covers all the technique you will ever need to take great photographs. Most of what you learn here can be applied to digital photography and image processing. Now go out and shoot! ;)

Dorr Basic Strap for Camera - Black
Dorr Basic Strap for Camera - Black
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic strap, 23 May 2014
I like to keep things simple when it comes to my cameras. This strap is solid and simple. The only weakness could come from the plastic release clips, but most camera straps have those these days. No neoprene shoulder part but a solid less elastic one. Overall very satisfied with the strap.

Ashbury Standard Soprano Ukulele Bag
Ashbury Standard Soprano Ukulele Bag
Price: 7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, 23 May 2014
Great basic Soprano ukulele bag. The finish looks solid and the material feels very nice. Padding is cushy.
I'm giving it only 4 stars because I would have enjoyed a longer strap. I would've also enjoyed a pocket for a tuner and spare strings but that's on me, the description is clear.

Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES
Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES
Price: 18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A trooper, 6 Feb 2014
Slightly more stylish for the casual attire than the plastic version, it works undefeated three years later. I have worn it to lectures day in day out and apart from some minor scratches works like day one. Didn't even require a battery replacement as of this date.

Toshiba PA4239E-1HJ0 1TB Stor.E ALU2S USB 3.0 2.5 Inch PORTABLE STORAGE - Silver
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals
Price: 59.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I have a slight quibble with Toshiba after this purchase., 6 Feb 2014
Works mostly as intended, however I'm disappointed to find it doesn't work with USB 2.0 devices. I can use it with my USB3 compatible laptop but it is pretty much useless when attempting to use it to share content with anyone that doesn't have a USB3 compatible device. Furthermore the cable is quite loose and it disconnects at the slightest nudge of my laptop.

The Silmarillion
The Silmarillion
by J. R. R. Tolkien

4.0 out of 5 stars The Genesis of Middle Earth, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Silmarillion (Paperback)
While tough to follow at times, due to some characters having funny and multiple names, I found this book a worthwhile endeavor.
I kindly recommend it to any Tolkien fans out there such as myself. I read this after reading "The Lord of the rings" trilogy as well as "The Hobbit".
It tells the story of how Middle Earth, The elves, humans and other inhabitants came to be, and paves the way for all that is to follow. I will probably read "The Children of Hurin" next.

Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
by Scott Jurek

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 6 Feb 2014
A truly inspiring auto-bibliographical work that I can recommend without hesitation.
I learned about Scott Jurek while reading "Born to run" which I also dearly recommend, and decided to read his book.
I found his race stories captivating and the rest a worthwhile lesson to living a more meaningful life. Thank you Scott!

The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer
The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer
by David A. Whitsett
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars The trainer!, 6 Feb 2014
A well written book with good advice from physical to psychological. I really like the structure and find the tables that you fill in to monitor progress really motivating. Gave it four stars as I am skeptical as to what it proposes, I will gladly update it to five once I run that marathon. It may be my own flaw that I haven't done so as of yet.

Waterman Bottled Ink (50ml) - Serenity Blue
Waterman Bottled Ink (50ml) - Serenity Blue
Price: 6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality ink from Waterman, 6 Feb 2014
Nothing to complain about here. A classic blue ink that is well saturated and writes well in all of my pens kaweco, lamy, parker.
Very washable so careful with coffee spills and such.

Page: 1 | 2