Profile for V. Tran > Reviews

Personalised Star Trinket Box - Free Laser Engraving
Offered by Gift Cookie

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Star, 26 Sept. 2013
Great Star product.
I would recommend this item. I am very happy with the product.
Love the personalize item, font also very nice

In The Miso Soup
In The Miso Soup
by Ryu Murakami

3.0 out of 5 stars My opinion of this book, 3 Dec. 2010
This review is from: In The Miso Soup (Paperback)
Firstly I have to state I have never read any books by ryu murakami. I saw the book in a book shop and the cover and blurb caught my attention.

The book does keep you gripped to it, it's quite graphic at times, but the culture and view of society both the Western and Japan's is very intriguing and true. The book does get you thinking about culture and society and how it's quite different between the two.

But I must admit I expected more from the book, the build up was great but the ending was unexpected and to some extent disappointing.

The detail and description by Ryu makes reading the book very captivating.

Would I recommend the book? Yes and No.
Yes - if you want to get a insight into the culture and Japan as a country.
No - if you want a truly satisfying book

My-Link USB CRYSTAL 3 fans Cooler Pad for Laptop, notebook, Xbox, Etc.
My-Link USB CRYSTAL 3 fans Cooler Pad for Laptop, notebook, Xbox, Etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 29 Aug. 2010
Bought this because my laptop was very hot, and did not think the idea of putting a textbook under it will truly solve the problem.
so figured will give this cooler pad a try. I would personally say it does the job. The fans cool the laptop quite a bit. Looks pretty. Is not noisy. And is a reasonable price.
I agree with some that it is a bit fragile but as long as you don't handle it carelessly then it seems ok. I've been using it for about 2 months so far so good!

NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) Season 4 [DVD]
NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Harmon

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Action, 22 April 2010
Huge fan of NCIS, and it never disappoints.
This season like the others are full of action, surprises, laughter and of course crimes.
Got this DVD set at a very reasonable price.
Definately a must watch =)

Silver Ladies E2710-Bcz Blue Cubic Zirconia Star Stud Earrings
Silver Ladies E2710-Bcz Blue Cubic Zirconia Star Stud Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars A* earrings, 8 Dec. 2009
I love this shade of blue, and with the star shaped these earrings are beautiful........I'm really happy that I bought these, and the price was very reasonable.

Family Guy Men's Stewie Trust Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, Small
Family Guy Men's Stewie Trust Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool T-shirt, 8 Dec. 2009
It's a great t-shirt, even better if your a family guy and stewie fan..I got this t-shirt as a gift and its a cool present!

CASIO EXILIM EX-Z70 Black Digital Camera [7.2MP, 3x Optical Zoom] 2.5" LCD
CASIO EXILIM EX-Z70 Black Digital Camera [7.2MP, 3x Optical Zoom] 2.5" LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, 17 Jun. 2008
I bought this camera because I needed a new one to take with me on holiday. And this camera did not disappoint me, it was the first time I had bought a Casio Camera!

Good points:

- Slim
- Takes pictures very quickly
- Great quality
- Very easy to use, I only flicked through a few pages on the manual and then I decided just to investigate myself and it was quite easy to figure out the functions.
- quite big viewing screen
- very good zoom mode
- after charging battery to the max the battery life last quite long.

Bad Points:

- Memory on the camera is very small( only about 5 pictures) I had to buy a memory card but that was not too bad because the price was reasonable for 1GB.
- did not come with a case
- the best shot mode takes a bit of time capturing the picture

But overall I'm extremely satisfy with this camera, if I could pick again I will still go for this one :D

Bachelor (Warner Books Contemporary Romance)
Bachelor (Warner Books Contemporary Romance)
by Carly Phillips
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous, 3 Mar. 2007
This book was amazingly written it was great. This is the first time i read a book by Carly Philips and i'm pretty sure it wont be the last.I seriously could not put the book down it took me 2 days to finish the book i didn't want to go sleep until i finished it but i made myself stop reading it and when i woke up the next morning i just stayed in bed and finished reading the book. But i had a strange feeling; I so wanted to read on yet i did not want the story to end.

A bit about the book:

It is set in a small town, there are 3 gorgrous brothers the story is mainly on the youngest, Roman Chandler who as the title suggests is a "bachelor" who has never really had a relationship longer than a month or so. Then he looses a coin toss between his brothers and must get married and have kids to meet his ill mother's demands. He starts of looking for candidates for his wife to be; has to have childrens for him, she would have to be ok with him not really being there coz he likes to travel and have his freedom...but he falls again for this women who rejected him in the pass and she is completely different to the wife he is trying to get.... But will he be able to change her mind? or will she change him?

This book is full of love, humour, family devotion, family problems and life.

A Must Read Book!!

Casio EX-Z70SR Exilim Digital Camera Silver ( 7MP , 3 x Optical Zoom ) 2.5" LCD
Casio EX-Z70SR Exilim Digital Camera Silver ( 7MP , 3 x Optical Zoom ) 2.5" LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars This Camera, 2 Jan. 2007
Well I bought this camera just a few weeks before christmas, to replace my old one and to take it with me on holiday and what can i say this camera lived up to my expectation. all the pictures i took on holiday looks great and the videos i took were also fab quality too.

Pros:

- quality of pictures and video are high

- price is reasonable and you get several things with the camera e.g battery charger, battery, usb wire.

- camera looks nice

- light and quite thin

- Easy to use camera, features are clear.

- zoom function makes taking very long range pictures very easy and the quality still looks like ur standing so close.

Cons:

- Did not come with a case

- original memory is very low ( i bought a viking SD memory card with it that was 512MB without the memory card i could only take abt 6 pictures) so highly recommend that you buy memory card with the camera.

- the design to slot th memory card in is quite bad because i found it extrememly diffcult to take the memory card out.

So overall i reckon this camera is worth buying and i was not disappointed with it. Also the price for such quality camera is worth it

hope you found this review helpful.

Angels And Demons
Angels And Demons
by Dan Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Read!!!, 6 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Angels And Demons (Paperback)
This book was great I could not put it down once i started reading. there were lots of twists, excitment, humor and very detailed. I personally thought that this book was better than the da vinci code. But you would hav to read it and find out for yourself...The ending of the story was also very good, did not think the person behind it was in fact _______ ( of course i wont tell you)read it and find out....