Profile for Solari > Reviews

25mm x 1m Black SJ3550 (250) VHB 3M Dual Lock Tape
25mm x 1m Black SJ3550 (250) VHB 3M Dual Lock Tape
Offered by Dondo-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 25 Jan. 2014
I use this to fix parts to my RC Quadcopter - MUCH better than Velcro and it doesn't seem to lose it's gripping power.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 8 Nov. 2013
I bought this router for its rich feature set (OpenVPN client in particular). Unfortunately I quickly ran into issues with the 2.4GHz wireless which kept dropping out and had periods of vastly reduced throughput. Upgrading to the latest Asus firmware and then to the latest stable Merlin build had no effect, nor did changing the channels or other various settings. 5GHz wireless by contrast, is rock solid and blazingly fast.

I ended up returning the router (excellent service from Amazon) and for the moment am just using a CentOS box to do what I want as far as VPN connectivity is concerned. I thought perhaps I had a faulty unit but there are posts around the web with similar complaints.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2014 10:20 PM GMT

Neo G MEDICAL GRADE OPEN PATELLA KNEE SUPPORT 'breathable design'
Neo G MEDICAL GRADE OPEN PATELLA KNEE SUPPORT 'breathable design'
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, 4 Oct. 2013
I injured my knee in a bit of a crash and while it's been recovering OK by itself, this alleviates all the dull aches I was getting before. I've just ordered another!

HP Network Node Manager 9: Getting Started
HP Network Node Manager 9: Getting Started
by Marius Vilemaitis

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 April 2013
Unfortunately this book is far too high level and doesn't delve deep enough with examples. It's quite frustrating in all honesty and nowhere near on the same level as the excellent Mike Peckar books for previous versions. Often, you feel as if you're being told that functionality to achieve what you want exists but are then left with no explanation as to how it works or how to customise it.

Stick to the NNMI manuals.

Heston Blumenthal Precision Analogue Meat Thermometer
Heston Blumenthal Precision Analogue Meat Thermometer

5.0 out of 5 stars No more guesswork!, 25 Feb. 2013
This is amazing and now my favourite kitchen gadget! You can cook joints very slowly on a low heat for melt in the mouth results without worrying about under or overcooking.

The instructions are fine but could have been better. I've copied, printed and laminated my own version for quick reference. I suggest others do the same.

I take the joint out a few degrees before target temperature and let it sit for ~20 mins. Seems to work a treat.

HoMedics SBM-500HA-3GB 2-in-1 Back and Shoulders Massager Cushion with Heat
HoMedics SBM-500HA-3GB 2-in-1 Back and Shoulders Massager Cushion with Heat

5.0 out of 5 stars "Like being touched up by robocop", 6 Dec. 2012
At first this was a somewhat strange experience but I quickly sunk into what felt like a euphoric fluffy cloud. This is great on the lower back and it's easily adjustable. A friend asked to try mine out and I had to prise her away from it with a crowbar. >:(

Unlike a masseuse from the local classifieds, this device won't cost you a fortune in extras or leave you with a nasty, uncomfortable rash. Thumbs up from me!

Chicco KeyFit & KeyFit 30 Child Restraint Base - Anthracite
Chicco KeyFit & KeyFit 30 Child Restraint Base - Anthracite

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 17 Nov. 2012
Despite facing immediate bankruptcy after buying this item, I found that my sex life flourished. Women threw themselves at me and I had to fight them off with a faeces-imbued stick. Thumbs up!

atFoliX FX-Antireflex screen-protection film for Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) - Anti-reflective screen protection! Top quality

2.0 out of 5 stars Good protection but distorts display, 19 May 2011
Quite disappointed with this as it's tough and durable, but completely ruins the image quality of the Galaxy S 2. There seems to be some sort of refraction going on, which means that bright colours seem to have lots of red, green and blue sparkly bits in them.

Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console - Cosmos Black
Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console - Cosmos Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed!, 28 Mar. 2011
I bought this for my niece, and we had great fun trying it out yesterday. I never expected the 3D effect to be quite so good, although it's actually more like a "3D depth" effect rather than a "pop out of the screen" one. We went for Nintendogs, Pilotwings Resort and Sims3 on the game front.

The Augmented Reality games were a really impressive illustration of what can be done with this kind of technology. The included 3D video was excellent and she loves the 3D camera.

There seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding in general regarding the 3D slider - people should beware of their children thinking that they can "turn the 3D up"; this slider is actually more like the focus on a camera and needs to be adjusted until everything is sharp and comfortable. Leaving it outside of a comfortable setting is a bit like the blurry vision you'd get after 10 pints of Stella.

I'll be buying one for myself once some more titles come out - particularly Zelda - Ocarina of Time, and also when Zelda LTTP becomes available for download. I like a bit of retro gaming and this could be handy for those boring commutes when I'm in between books. ;)

My only gripe is that in the parental controls, they should have included an automatic playtime warning so that the player is reminded to take a break every so many minutes.

Electronic Rat Killer
Electronic Rat Killer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a dream!, 23 April 2009
I had a mouse waking me up at 4am in the mornings with its scratching and general running about, and after several weeks of zero success with humane live-catch traps, I decided to take a different approach.

I must say that this piece of kit is seriously vicious, I was woken up at ~4am by a snap, crackle and pop noise. I could see blue sparks from the other side of the room so the mouse didn't stand a chance and must have died instantly - it must have ended up somewhere between medium rare and well done judging by the noise :D

Top marks - I can now sleep again, and shall be lending it to a family member who also has a similar problem.

Page: 1 | 2