Profile for KateBB > Reviews

War, Peace And Diplomacy
War, Peace And Diplomacy
Price: 11.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I've heard for a long time, 7 April 2014
Bought this on the strength of reading a review in The Times. It is haunting, beautiful, thought provoking. Thoroughly recommended. His voice melds with the words and music to produce something really special.

The Kittie-Poosies
The Kittie-Poosies

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book when I was 3, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Kittie-Poosies (Hardcover)
... discovered online 55 years later. I still love it. The pictures take me right back there. I bought it for a friend's daughter, and had to force myself not to keep it!

Clear Suction Cup Hooks 22mm 12/Pk (351913)
Clear Suction Cup Hooks 22mm 12/Pk (351913)
Offered by Grids London
Price: 2.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth getting for the instructions on the back, 15 Feb 2014
The pack I received had 14 hooks in it in 2 different sizes, so a bit different from my order. No matter. On the back of the pack is the sweetest translation, e. g. 'It will not cause the cliff side to damage' ... 'Because the transparent sucking disc has the same function as lens, will gather penetrating the sunlight, make break out a fire.' ... etc. I hope they never change it. The meaning is clear and it totally cheered me up.

Ladies Womens Black Adjustable Maternity Leggings leggins for growing bumps size 8-12
Offered by BabyTENS UK
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy!, 20 Sep 2013
Nice, comfy. They aren't shiny. All good! They are not thick, so it will be interesting to see how warm they are in winter. But they are great to wear.

LINDA OLSSON'S ASTRID & VERONICA AUDIOBOOK CD'S COMPLETE & UNABRIDGED
LINDA OLSSON'S ASTRID & VERONICA AUDIOBOOK CD'S COMPLETE & UNABRIDGED
by Linda Olsson
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars One of winter's greatest pleasures, 7 Jan 2012
Having read Linda Olsson's novel several times, I was surprised to find an audiobook edition on Amazon. I bought it initially intending to give it as a gift. When it arrived, I listened to the first of the 6 CDs to ensure that the quality was good enough to give as a present. The reading was so atmospheric and evocative that I found myself listening to all of the discs sequentially, absolutely spellbound. As a read, the book is an unqualified joy. As an audiobook, I was transported effortlessly to wintery Scandinavia and a friendship that resonates in my memory still. Why the book wasn't a best seller in the UK I will never understand.