Profile for NJ > Reviews

SainSonic GB-818 Ultrasonic Wave Losing Weight Mini Beauty Massager, 100-240V
SainSonic GB-818 Ultrasonic Wave Losing Weight Mini Beauty Massager, 100-240V
Offered by EstheticStore

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor instructions for great for pain relief, 6 Mar. 2013
In terms of pain relief for certain types of injuries this thing has pain for itself many times over in the 3 months I've had it. The instructions are however, minimal.
Can't say I've noticed any slimming effects from it but it suggests using it 15-20 minutes 3 times per day with slimming creams/gels. I'm lucky if I can be bothered 3 times a week! It is not very comfortable to hold either. I find I get achey (and bored) after about 5 minutes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2013 9:30 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Comfortable, 6 Mar. 2013
For such high shoes they are very comfortable. They look great too.

Only downside is the cap on the bottom of the heel came off after only wearing them 3 times outside but it only cost a few quid to repair

John Frieda Precision Foam Colour Luminous 2A Blue Black
John Frieda Precision Foam Colour Luminous 2A Blue Black

5.0 out of 5 stars No mess, perfect coverage and doesn't smell!, 6 Mar. 2013
The foam is really easy to use and doesn't make a mess. It also has hardly any scent at all, just a mild floral/fruity fragrance. I used Nice 'n Easy before this and that smells like Satan's underpants after a bad vindaloo.

It doesn't drip, or droop - you pile your hair up on your head with the mousse and it stays there. With cream colourants I found that eventually my hair slid down from where I had piled it up and that made me want to itch.

It doesn't stain the skin easily. Usually I have to dye my hair a day or two before a big event so I have time to wash all the dye off my scalp. This didn't stain my scalp at all. It also rinsed out much quicker than one of the previous shades I tried from this line, this is one of the newer ones so maybe they improved the formulation but this washed out very easily, the previous one I tried I rinsed for 30 minutes and the water still didn't run clear!

The gloves are very good quality, black latex gloves like a professional stylist would use.

Most of all the coverage was perfect, the shade was exactly what I wanted and it left my hair in such good condition my boyfriend couldn't stop touching it. Its not often that a hair dye leaves your hair so soft and glossy! After nearly 2 weeks its still so soft my hair bobble nearly slipped off!

3x Eyebrow Razor Trimmer Shaper Shaver
3x Eyebrow Razor Trimmer Shaper Shaver
Offered by TechShoper

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, 6 Mar. 2013
Interesting that the picture for this product is how to spot a fake by the packaging, the items I received had no packaging! Just 3 blades in bubblewrap.

The blades were blunt, fine for very soft facial hair and maybe for children but useless for eyebrows. They just tug at the hairs. I tried all 3 blades and after several minutes had managed to remove 1 hair and that was ripped out rather than shaved.

Based on the lack of packaging, I suspect these may be fake and/or used (the colour of the plastic handles is somewhere between the 2 pictures)

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale
Price: £79.00 - £198.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product Once its Updated, 15 Jan. 2013
Setup could have been easier but you only have to do it once. It took me a couple of attempts to get it into setup mode - you have to remove a battery for x seconds then replace it, I found that I had to use a clock to get precise enough to get it into setup mode and it had some trouble with the wifi so I had to start the setup again but once its done its done.

When you first turn it on, it is fairly inconsistent/inaccurate. If you leave it alone for a few minutes though it will update to the latest firmware and then it is very consistent and accurate. The body fat % is really more of a guideline, its as accurate as these devices can be but that's not all that accurate - its very influenced by hydration status. eg. if your weight goes up and body fat % goes down, usually it means you're retaining water.

WARNING:
You need a wireless device to set up the scales, having a wireless router is not enough, you need a wifi-enabled smartphone/tablet or computer to be able to set up the scales.

The batteries that it came with did not last long - a week I think, but since I replaced them with duracell its been working fine for 2 months (so far) being used multiple times a day.

All in all, it's a very good product, highly recommended, especially if you have a fitbit as it syncs with your dashbord automatically and fitbit adjusts your metabolic rate based on your weigh-ins.

Hot/Cold Therapeutic Back Neck Shoulder Relief Comfort Wrap
Hot/Cold Therapeutic Back Neck Shoulder Relief Comfort Wrap

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells bad, heat doesn't last long, 5 Oct. 2012
Heating it for the maximum 3 minutes lasts about 20 minutes. It also smells pretty bad. Its soothing and flexible but would be more useful if the heat lasted 1+ hours

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.21 Light Beige 50ml
Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.21 Light Beige 50ml
Offered by WORLD BUY365 INC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good coverage and staying power, 21 April 2012
I've been really impressed with this product, it is a true BB cream unlike a lot of the western brands hitting the market at the moment. I was really impressed with the colour match too, I find even the lightest shades in some tinted moisturisers and BB creams to be too dark/orangey for my skin, this one is perfect. I'm not super-pale but I have no tan so this was perfect. I'll agree with other commenters that the colour is a little on the dull side but that's what suits me best! They also have a product designed to go under it called BB Boomer that's supposed to brighten the colour and add more moisture and staying power so I'm going to give that a try with it too.

I have rosacea and even after 1 day, my skin looked better (less red/calmer). The coverage is pretty good but also light - I have really bad skin and from a distance you wouldn't know I had anything on or that I had bad skin. Its easy to build up layers of coverage on parts that need it and it doesn't feel heavy at all - honestly, I can't feel it at all.

The only downside is the smell, I have sensitive skin so I don't use perfumed products normally but you get used to the smell and I haven't found it irritating yet. There is a version for sensitive skin but it's only SPF 27 so there must be more formulation differences that just the lack of smell in that one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2013 6:37 PM BST

Stargazer Lip Stick Number 108
Stargazer Lip Stick Number 108

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, 6 Aug. 2010
The product was not as pictured, it did not come in the high quality black and gold tubes and individual cardboard boxes as they used to and as pictured, the come in cheap plastic 'no frills' style tubes with LIPSTICK printed along the whole length of the tube, the product inside is similarly cheap. The deep purple is far from deep - its a medium metallic purple and coverage is not a good as it used to be when they came in the black and gold tubes.

Colour B4 Hair Colour Remover Extra Strength for Darker Hair Colours
Colour B4 Hair Colour Remover Extra Strength for Darker Hair Colours
Offered by At Home Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not "turn" your hair orange, 6 Aug. 2010
I used this product and it worked exactly as described. What they don't tell you (until you get the full instructions) is that many permanent hair colours - even dark shades - use a mild pre-lightening action, meaning that you no longer have a natural hair colour to return to, the pre-lightening can make your hair kinda gingery.
I most recently died my hair 3 months ago, a very dark purple and after 1 application my hair is now a light reddish-brown at the tips and a light orange just below the roots. I'm buying a second bottle for another treatment (it recommends no more than 3) and then I will re-dye over it with a semi-permanent as recommended in the product instructions