Profile for Daapyness > Reviews

Content by Daapyness

Daapyness "Daapyness" (Surrey UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ripper Street [DVD]
Ripper Street [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Macfadyen
Offered by Helen's Goodies
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive Viewing. Excellent., 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Ripper Street [DVD] (DVD)
So it seems everyone is a critic! Well all I can say is I love the series!
I've been hooked from the first episode and highly recommend it.

Firstly: This is entertainment NOT a docu/drama. So don't expect a social
history lesson...Although it does catch and paint the era in wide brush strokes.

The era it's set in was brutal for those living in poverty within large Cities.
Child prostitution was rife, as was homosexuality.

Yes there were the philanthropists. Many very well meaning but often just as demeaning.
Babies left to die as the mothers were too poor/ destitute to feed them.

This series is set after Dickens era, but before the social reforms had began to really
help.

I highly recommend this series. It's one of the things the BBC do so well & I for one will
happily pay my fee to them as long as they continue to produce such an entertaining series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2013 1:49 PM GMT

Pair of Multi Grip Sw Ice Sock Chains # 80 195 65 x 15
Pair of Multi Grip Sw Ice Sock Chains # 80 195 65 x 15
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful...But., 23 Jan 2013
Bought these in October 2011, but until this week I've not needed them (No snow last year).

Last week we had around 5-6 inches of snow round here. (More than was expected.)
As I now live at the top of a hill with a farm track as a drive way. If it snows/ices up, it takes a
good 4x4 to get up my drive. I own a "Normal" front wheel drive Skoda Roomster.
Not a hope of getting up the hills round here when ice/snow is on the roads...NO they
don't grit country lanes.
Basiclly I was marooned after such heavy snow. Remembered I had these. It took a good half
hour to get them on, Admittedly it doesn't help, I've little upper body strength.
However. Once fitted.....I actually managed to drive my usually useless front wheel
drive car, down the hill no problem! Better still, they actually got me back up again...!!!!

Yes they do work. I am delighted with them. BUT.....They're already showing signs of wear & tear
after one use. ( 10 miles to doctors/shops & back home), and not that easy to put on.
Hence I gave them 4 instead of 5 stars.

I'd recommend keeping a pair in your car in case you get caught out in snow storm/ice as they do work & lot
easier than digging your car out. They stop you slipping & sliding on the ice/snow so would get you home. But
can't say they'd last on a very long journey.

Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet
Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooo Disco!!!, 14 Jan 2013
I remember this being played in the clubs in Malta...MASSIVE HIT there! Having spent entire summer on the Islands, I discovered it was a huge floor filler back over here in London.
Nothing beats the original.

Original Stomp Rocket
Original Stomp Rocket
Offered by Gadget Grotto
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Original Stomp Rocket (Toy)
Having read the reviews on here, I bought 2 of these as Christmas gifts for a friends 7 yrs old twin boys.
They've gone down a storm. Needless to say their dad is having great fun "helping" them.
I'm so pleased to have found a toy which is such "FUN" for kids of all ages.....Including the "bigger" ones!
Huge thumbs up for a gift that won't break the bank & doesn't need the batteries or gadgets to work it.
This is one toy which won't be a 5 min Christmas wonder.
10/10.

Dreamland Relaxwell Luxury Personal Size Micro Fleece Heated Throw, Chocolate (150 x 90 cms)

1.0 out of 5 stars So Disappointed., 14 Nov 2012
As a cold snap had started, I couldn't wait for this to arrive.
As always, it was delivered promptly and that evening I tried it out.
What a disappointment! It hardly got past tepid....let alone warm.
I tried everything. Re-read the instructions, all to no avail
I even asked a friend to try it, just in case I'd done some thing wrong.
Still nothing.
Perhaps I was just unlucky & got a dude throw. Needless to say it's gone back.
This is the first item I've sent back to Amazon, but they make it very easy to do,
and I have been given a full refund.
I've now opted for 2 hot water bottles......Old fashioned, yes, but they work beautifully.
My advice, going by the other reviews, is to try it. But buy via Amazon, as that means
if it's a dude, like mine was, you know Amazon will refund in full.

Train Your Young Horse with Richard Maxwell: An Effective Education from Foal to Fully Grown
by Richard Maxwell
Price: 15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 3 Nov 2012
YOU CANNOT LEARN IT ALL FROM A BOOK!
I sent a young Thoroughbred to Richard Maxwell some years ago, as I was having problems backing him. After a couple of weeks, he told me to have him put down as he was too dangerous to ride.
Whenever I'd gone to see my boy being taught by these methods, I'd seen a very stressed & frightened animal being chased round, terrified of the whip. (Something he'd never been afraid of with me!)
Several 100.00 lighter, I took my beautiful boy home.
Thankfully he soon settled back down once home.
A friend had a polo pony groom/trainer over from the Argentine. Within 2 hours he was calmly ridding my boy round. We never looked back. He was always a sharp, experienced ride but very safe IF you knew how to ride properly. We had a wonderful 15yrs together.

My point is, these "trainers" are not always all they are cracked up to be.

PLEASE don't ever think a book can teach you how to train a young horse. Find someone very experienced. Watch how they are with their horses & note how the horses are with them.
Don't consider training/backing a young horse unless you have experience, or someone experienced to help you. I've seen too many lovely animals ruined by ignorance, often ending up in knackers yard.

Ring Cyba-Lite Vega Led Lantern - Black/Grey
Ring Cyba-Lite Vega Led Lantern - Black/Grey
Price: 22.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy., 29 Oct 2012
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was I found putting the batteries in a bit difficult. There are no instructions given & it took me ages to find out where & how to put them in.
(It's at the bottom & it's a bit fiddly putting it back on once the batteries are in.)
Having said that, it's a good lamp & the high/low light is very useful.
I live in the middle of the countryside, the nearest street lights are over 2miles away. The lamp is proving very useful, especially now the clocks have gone back. I only have one very bright outside light but no lighting for my driveway/garden.
All in all, very pleased with my purchase.

warm wrap around shawl multi - 5 other colours
warm wrap around shawl multi - 5 other colours
Offered by Dress to Impress

5.0 out of 5 stars Light but Warm Good gift Idea, 14 Oct 2012
Pleased with this purchase. Arrived promptly.
I purchased the blue & really like the colour.
It's light but surprisingly warm. Great for taking away with you on holidays or weekends. Small & easy to pack.
Was tempted to give only 4, as quite long on me 5.3in....But as its warm & light...gave it the extra star.
Make an ideal gift if stuck for ideas. Inexpensive for what it is.
I already have a couple of ladies in mind for these!
Hope this helps :)

Casio W-59-1VQES Alarm/Chronograph Watch
Casio W-59-1VQES Alarm/Chronograph Watch
Price: 8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little watch, 12 Oct 2012
Love this watch.
Ordered at 2pm, it arrived by 11am the next day! How's that for service?
It's perfect for anyone with a busy life. Children & dog proof!
For the money it's excellent value!
well worth buying as a spare if you don't need one today. Or better still make a great
gift for someone who works in the countryside.
Happy to recommend this great little watch.

Ladies Classic Minute Track Black Watch With Long 14-18cm Black Strap (R0106.16.2)
Offered by QBD Watches
Price: 5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegance at a fraction of the price!, 12 Oct 2012
Bought this as a pretty day/evening wear watch. It's perfect.
I have very slim wrists, and often watches look too heavy on me. This
one looks great.
Exactly what I wanted, no fuss, no frill.
I defy anyone to guess you paid so little for it.
VERY pleased with my purchase.
Happy to recommend this watch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5