ARRAY(0x9e3b62e8)

Delete This at Your Peril: The Bob Servant Emails
Delete This at Your Peril: The Bob Servant Emails
Price: 3.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good laughs, 24 Jun 2013
While there are a couple of excellent laughs in this book it does become a bit repetitive .
However it is a good idea and has led to a TV series which has developed it further.

The Remaining
The Remaining

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Remaining (Kindle Edition)
A must read if you like the post apocalyptic genre.
I have read the three books currently released and they are really good.

Ready To Die
Ready To Die
Price: 7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointing, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Ready To Die (Audio CD)
I am a massive fan of Iggy and really wanted to like it but unfortunately it is a pretty lame effort.
I would recommend that people look up his original albums which are classic and a number of his solo albums as well.
However I would avoid this ...... although I suppose at least it is not in French ....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2014 9:45 PM GMT

The Remaining: Aftermath
The Remaining: Aftermath

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Story - well written, 24 Jun 2013
The premis of the story is original and it moves at a very quick pace.
Unlike many similar post apocalyptic novels it does try and come up with realistic scenarios and some neat twists and surprises.
My only complaint is that the author inserts phrases that indicate there is further bad news imminently - which doesn't allow you to take any comfort from what you have just been through !!

Redaction: Extinction Level Event (Part I)
Redaction: Extinction Level Event (Part I)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Storyline, 7 Jan 2013
The storyline is very intriguing and more than compensates for the TV mini series approach to the narrative.
I started off a bit dismissive particularly as the story took a while to get going but I found myself getting drawn in.
Most of the aspects of the story are very well thought through with a disturbing edge of realism while maintaining originality.
While I do find some of the male characters a bit two dimensional this is perhaps unsurprising as the author is a woman and her female characters are far better defined and overall does not really detract from the story..
I would highly recommend it overall and am currently on Part 3 , which again has some inventive twists and turns which are enjoyable.

Wilderness Dreams: The Call of Scotland's Last Wild Places
Wilderness Dreams: The Call of Scotland's Last Wild Places
by Mike Cawthorne
Price: 13.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Lend Him your boots !, 3 Aug 2011
I really enjoyed this book , which is actually a collection of short stories which hangs together very well.It contained an interesting mixture of informative environmental debate without preaching at all.For me though , the story of the unusual attempt on completing the munros was fascinating, funny and a touching insight into the world of two disillusioned men looking for a purpose.
I particularly liked the part where extreme aspects of hillwalking were attempted in socks !
As an ordinary hillwalker it was great to find a book that was not written by a superhuman or someone doing a challenge for commercial gain.
I would highly recommend it and his other book Hell of a Journey.