Profile for NikNik > Reviews

Content by NikNik

NikNik "NJ" (Marlow, Buckinghamshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Microwave Steriliser Bags
Microwave Steriliser Bags
Offered by SAFETOTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 29 Oct. 2010
Bought these to go on holiday with my daughter and little grandson - they are brilliant. Simple to use, and you don't HAVE to wait 10 minutes for them - you can take them out straight away, you just have to be careful. Highly recommended :-)

Brugo Travel Mug Purple
Brugo Travel Mug Purple

1.0 out of 5 stars Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrubbish! Seriously - do NOT waste your money on this turkey!, 13 Feb. 2010
Read the reviews as because most of them said it was worth investing in...I did. Worst purchase ever! My journey is 1.5 hours and it does NOT keep the coffee hot. It leaks, terribly - car stinks of coffee. I tried to persevere with it but gave up. It lasted 5 days! The rubber seal came out on day 5! I should have sent it back as £[] for a travel mug is pretty ridiculous really - stupid me for not doing it! It does come with a guarantee, but I binned all the packaging when I opened it as I completely believed all the hype about it on the web-site! Either I got an extremely duff one, or it really is bad! I HATED it, truly I did! I have reverted back to my old, scratched Starbucks one - it's far better/safer. Sorry Brugo - you suck, big time!

Fuji 2GB XD Picture Card Type M
Fuji 2GB XD Picture Card Type M

5.0 out of 5 stars Much cheaper than getting it from Comet!, 13 Feb. 2010
I bought this from Comet originally ...then saw it here on Amazon. I took it back to Comet and got it from here! Saved me over half - thanks Amazon :>

Fujifilm FinePix S1000/S2000 Series Premium Case ( not compatible with S3200/S4000)
Offered by Hughes Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Small.....and fiddly, 13 Feb. 2010
It does house my Finepix S5700 camera ....but it's a bit tight in my opinion. I also always manage to get the straps (ie: the one on the camera and the one on the carry case) messed up! It does carry the camera - but then to be honest I seem to take it OUT of the case more often than keeping it in (which obviously defeats the object!).

LEGO DUPLO 5380 Large Brick Box
LEGO DUPLO 5380 Large Brick Box

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much in the box for the money - but it is a great brand, 13 Feb. 2010
Bought this for my 2 year old niece....she is very happy with it, but there's not much you can make really as there's not a huge amount. Sadly, Duplo don't seem to think it necessary to make girl related brick-boxes - I checked and apparently there is not enough interest! Shame as some pink blocks would have been lovely. My niece did like this box, but it is quite a lot of money for what you get. As I say in the title - it's probably due to it being the Lego brand...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2010 3:57 PM BST

Paroh Men's Beaver 915 Boots Black 9 UK
Paroh Men's Beaver 915 Boots Black 9 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Little Greenhouse for the Patio, 13 Feb. 2010
It's sturdy, has been on my patio for over a year and has come through all weathers without breaking/ripping/leaking or blowing away! A very good little greenhouse indeed :-)

Hush Puppies Women's Snowdrift Boot Olive H2461209M 5 UK
Hush Puppies Women's Snowdrift Boot Olive H2461209M 5 UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely NOT wide calf!, 13 Feb. 2010
Loved these to look at on the web...loved them when they arrived. Tried to get them on - not a chance! I bought them as many people reviewed them saying they were a generous fit in the calf area. I now assume that those people had pin-thin calfs in reality! They might THINK they have wide calfs, but honestly...they truly can't have. I am sure that if these had fitted me, they would have been lovely boots and I was gutted to have to send them back - but if you really do have wide calfs then these are NOT the boots for you. You really need some with stretchy fabric, an adjustable panel or an elastic gusset in them somewhere (ie: Clarks do some, I Love Shoes do some).

The Da Vinci Code (MP3 CD)
The Da Vinci Code (MP3 CD)
by Dan Brown
Edition: MP3 CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Story...but the reader not great, 13 Feb. 2010
I love the book and bought the audio CD to listen to in the car. I realise the book is written by an American and that the characters are American....and therefore it stands to reason I suppose it would be read by an American. Whilst I have nothing against Americans, I prefer audio books read by people with a more easy-on-the-ear tone (soft English, Irish etc). I am sorry but I have to mark this down because of the grating tone of the American who reads it. :(

The Jewel That Was Ours (Inspector Morse)
The Jewel That Was Ours (Inspector Morse)
by Colin Dexter
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Old Inspector Morse, 13 Feb. 2010
Brilliant story by Colin Dexter fantasically read by Kevin Whately. Loved it. Wish it was longer! :-)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, Wide-Calf :-), 13 Feb. 2010
I sadly have wide calfs. Extremely annoyingly I have ordered and sent back pair upon pair of apparently "wide calf" boots from all sorts of manufacturers - "wide calf" my backside!! Anyway, I was giving up hope. I did one last scan, saw these, and decided as they weren't that expensive I would have a go. I LOVE THEM! They are so comfortable, look great with skirts/jeans and have a stretchy bit at the top/back which is perfect. They don't look cheap either. They don't quite come up to my knee (as per the picture)as my calf is clearly wider than the model's (!) but they sit approx 2 inches below and look just as good. I am a very happy bunny :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2010 5:10 PM GMT