Profile for Simon > Reviews

Mourning Sun
Offered by momox co uk
Price: 7.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Blinded by the Mourning Sun, 11 April 2006
This review is from: Mourning Sun (Audio CD)
This album is everything I expected and more.Beautiful soundscapes,intelligent lyrics Carl McCoy really knows his stuff.If you've never listened to a Fields Of The Nephilim album then try this one.The opening track Shroud really builds up the atmosphere with haunting voices and layered synths.Then we explode into the next track Straight To The Light with the opening line "I'll fly again".It most certainly does that.One of my favorite tracks has to be the beautiful Requiem it just transports you to a different realm.Xiberia is very industrial and experimental in sound and works very well with the rest of the album.Carl McCoys vocals are on fine form on this album and used to great effect ranging from mesmerising to meanacing.She and Mourning Sun although different songs meld together giving you a near 20 minuite opus ,leaving you begging for more.If you like your albums atmospheric then this is for you.I can't recomend it enough.Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as myself and go on to enjoy other FOTN albums as much as I have down the years.