Profile for Sonny Hall > Reviews

Content by Sonny Hall

Sonny Hall (Great Britain)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusual fit, terribly uncomfortable, 10 April 2014
Fine in the body but short in the arms and tight around the shoulder area, restricting movement. Feels poor quality. I am 5'8 and slim and ordered medium size.

Silverline 245130 Wallpaper Perforator 150 x 480mm
Silverline 245130 Wallpaper Perforator 150 x 480mm

1.0 out of 5 stars No appreciable difference, 10 April 2014
The spikes fell out very easily. It did not save any time using this roller before using the wallpaper steamer - in fact it took longer as the time spent using this roller was completely wasted. In the end I gave up and just used the steamer. Threw this away. Waste of time.

Bike Repair Manual
Bike Repair Manual
by Chris Sidwells

2.0 out of 5 stars Miss and hit, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Bike Repair Manual (Paperback)
The book is too small (A5), which means it skimps on content and photos and descriptions can be hard to follow. Having tried to use it for several minor repairs I have sometimes succeeded but on most occassions had to turn to youtube. I am a novice and wouldn't recommend for other novices. There are plenty of alternatives available and I will be buying one of the others.

Fallen Angel: The Passion of Fausto Coppi (Yellow Jersey Cycling Classics)
Fallen Angel: The Passion of Fausto Coppi (Yellow Jersey Cycling Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, stifled by stuffy style, 9 April 2014
Meticulously researched and invaluable to anyone interested in the golden era of Italian cycling. This is well written but quite dry and matter of fact. Like a couple of Fotheringham's books I have read, the level of detail is impressive but he fails to bring the story to life with any degree of flair. Despite this, it has to be highly recommended as essential reading for cycling fans.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and it shows, 9 April 2014
Firstly, this is not heavy cotton. You can just about see your hand through it (i ordered white). It looks cheap and it is. It is fine for the house, under a jumper or diy, but I wouldn't wear it out on its own. My Tesco white t shirts are better quality. It fits well (I am 5'8, slim). It is a little baggy on me but has plenty of length on arms and around waist. I was going to buy several, and although it may fare better in other colours I will take my money elsewhere and spend a bit more. Overall, I got what I paid for.

Russell Hobbs 18951 Colours 2 Slice Toaster - Red
Russell Hobbs 18951 Colours 2 Slice Toaster - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but, 7 Feb. 2014
It will swallow a large slice of bread quite comfortably. The difficulty I have is when toasting smaller items such as pancakes, crumpets etc, it is a pain to extract them without use of a knife and usually burned fingers. It is a little like playing Operation! Steady hand needed.

Everbuild 5MINPU3 LumberIrwin 5min Polyure Wood Adhesive Gel 310 ml
Everbuild 5MINPU3 LumberIrwin 5min Polyure Wood Adhesive Gel 310 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed our squeaky stairs, 4 Feb. 2014
We had terribly squeaky stairs. Most online videos direct you to fix them from underneath. Like many people we had no access under our stairs, so had to go in from above.

We drilled screws through the front edge of the treads into the risers below and used this to seal up any gaps between the back of the tread and the riser of the step above.

Worked a treat!

ADDIS Folding Handled Dustpan Set in Graphite
ADDIS Folding Handled Dustpan Set in Graphite

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but poor value, 4 Feb. 2014
Product arrived faulty and was returned for refund. This review is scored 3/5 on the basis of if it had worked, I haven't marked it down for its fault. If interested, the dustpan was warped and not flat to the floor.

There's no question this can do the job. The reason I paid extra was to get Addis quality, a set that would last. On seeing it I was disappointed with the build quality. It feels cheap. I saw a better set in my local store for £8.

I also found the brushing action awkward due to the short brush handle. Most sets seem to have short handles, so this is nothing against the set as such. But why save your knees (from bending with a regular dustpan and brush) at the expense of your back!

Instead I went for a telescopic soft bristled indoor broom - £4 from local store. Couldn't be happier.

So, a refund not an exchange.

White Self Adhesive Wheelie Bin Numbers 17cm 2/Pk - 5 (WS515) Wheelie Bin / Dust bin / Dustbin Number Stickers
Offered by Home Star Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 21 Nov. 2013
Good size numbers, highly visible and very easy to apply. Seems to be withstanding a lot of rain with no issues, despite applying in wet conditions, against packaging advice. Very happy, would buy again but doubt I will need to.

Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder
by Dave Barter

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun read, 1 Jun. 2012
The book is witty, fun and enjoyable. The author is honest and humourous as he shares his highs and lows as a keen amateur cyclist. This is no Lance Armstrong but that makes the book all the more accessible and easy to relate to. There is no need to be a cyclist to enjoy this book; but if you aren't already you'll be itching to dust off your rusting old teenage wheels and pull them out from the back of the shed. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Page: 1 | 2