Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Margaret" (Dorset)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Cold Dish (Walt Longmire Book 1)
The Cold Dish (Walt Longmire Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... decided to read this first book as I really enjoy the TV series, 19 Dec 2014
I decided to read this first book as I really enjoy the TV series. At first, I wasn't sure if it was my sort of reading as it was very modern Western and more a man's book I thought. However, the more I read the more I began to enjoy it. I loved the relationship between Longmire and his friend Henry, especially, the humour, and the atmosphere of the scenery and Indian culture just seeped from the pages. I would have liked Vic to be more like she is on TV and not the foul mouthed person she is in the book but, other than than, the writing was brilliant. The ending was a complete surprise. I've already bought book 2 so look forward to another great read and lots more books to go.

HIGHWATER: a supernatural suspense thriller you won't be able to put down
HIGHWATER: a supernatural suspense thriller you won't be able to put down

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as intense and exciting as was made out. ..., 6 Nov 2014
Not as intense and exciting as was made out. Started off OK but then it did seemed to go on a bit without getting really anywhere until you got to the end and I felt the interest and excitement actually waned the further you got into the book.

Forward Slash
Forward Slash

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like this one, 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: Forward Slash (Kindle Edition)
On the positive side, this book is quite well written, albeit somewhat long winded. However, how anyone can use the word "enjoy" when reading this book is beyond me. Whilst I've read the authors' books before, I didn't like this one, too dark and gory and, although its fiction, portraying the sex mad characters of Becky and Katherine as teachers didn't sit well with me. I realise there is a dark side to internet dating but this went over the top and it certainly wouldn't be one I'd recommend to anybody I know.

Fall From Grace: David Raker Novel #5 (David Raker 5)
Fall From Grace: David Raker Novel #5 (David Raker 5)
by Tim Weaver

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite author, 2 Oct 2014
I love all Tim Weaver's books, they are gripping, slick, definitely scary, keep you thinking all the time and wanting to read more with the various twists and turns. This one is no exception. I hate having to put the book down and It's always a shame to get to the end.

Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor
Motorola MBP8 Digital Audio Baby Monitor

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for us, 12 Sep 2014
i am really disappointed in this after reading other people's glowing reviews. We bought it to keep an eye (or rather an ear) on our elderly, blind and deaf dog during the night so weren't looking for anything expensive. She is in a room next to our bedroom and is quite restless during the night moving her bed about. Other people report they can hear babies breathing, noises from two floors up, but I find this unbelievable as unless our dog is standing or sitting almost next to the monitor, you cannot hear anything, in fact, I can hear more just listening out when she is moving around etc. At first we though perhaps furniture was getting in the way but we have moved it to three different positions in the room and it doesn't make any difference. It is definitely not as sensitive as you would expect or we would like.

Cream Enamel Dog Treat Tin 50765
Cream Enamel Dog Treat Tin 50765

4.0 out of 5 stars Suits it's purpose, 19 Aug 2014
Delivered promptly and well packaged. Nice item though lid isn't tight fitting so don't pick it up by the handle. Good enough for what wanted for.

Solomon's Tale
Solomon's Tale

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this story, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Solomon's Tale (Kindle Edition)
I loved this story. Many animal stories often turn out to be lacking but this was a really good imaginative tale told through the eyes of a cat.

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 32 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 May 2014
This is my 3rd Kindle, the second one, the HD completely ceased working after just over 12 months and out of warranty and, sad to say, this one, the HDX which I have only had four weeks has developed three separate faults so I have had to return it to the supplier for a refund. Shame as I really like how it works but I won't be purchasing another.

Caring for a Cat with Chronic Kidney Disease
Caring for a Cat with Chronic Kidney Disease
by Sarah Caney

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 20 Jan 2014
If you have a cat with this disease, as I have, this book will give you a very good insight into the causes, vet testing and what results mean and, most importantly for an owner, feeding. Pet food labelling is not as straight forward as people think and this book will tell you how to work out accurate levels of ingredients and nutrients which are very important for cats with kidney and other illnesses. The book is also very easy to understand, not too technical like some.

Your Cat: Simple New Secrets to a Longer, Stronger Life
Your Cat: Simple New Secrets to a Longer, Stronger Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book, 20 Jan 2014
My cat has just been diagnosed with kidney problems. This is a very broad and detailed book about different illnesses and how best to look after your cat. A lot to read or you can pick out sections of interest without reading the whole.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6