Profile for R. collister > Reviews

Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Elysium is already here !, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Elysium [Blu-ray] [2013] (Blu-ray)
This film really strikes you of what the human race has become. Greed, power, and I'm all right Jack attitude !
Poverty could be wiped out tomorrow, but we choose to look after number one and live our lives in gated countries.
The film has gripping action from beginning to end, strong actors, and lovely sci fi effects.
Why it got bad reviews is a mystery to me and my daughter ! It is a scary and truthful look of what we have become,
And what is to come a lot sooner than the date in the film.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2013 8:22 PM GMT

Roadcraft: the police driver's handbook: The Essential Police Driver's Handbook
Roadcraft: the police driver's handbook: The Essential Police Driver's Handbook
by Philip Coyne

1.0 out of 5 stars bad customer service off ::::: Sold by: aphrohead_books, 22 Feb 2013
Never got the book the first time or the second time of sending ? ::::::::Sold by: aphrohead_books

They have not replied to my third email contact ? So I would say avoid avoid...buy elsewhere.

Panasonic V500 Full HD 1920 x 1080p (50p) 3D Ready Camcorder - Black (1MOS Sensor, 50x Intelligent Zoom, SD Card Recording, 2D/3D Conversion with Face Recognition) 3.0 inch LCD
Offered by TODO! TODO!
Price: 299.99

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing value camcorder, 13 Nov 2012
This camcorder cost me 200 with the 50 cashback !! That is outstanding value for a top brand.
It is so easy to use, so light and effortless. The image stabilizing is awesome, keeping steady
captures through out. The battery last a good amount of time, but well worth buying a spare.
I shot in full hd, and was amazed are sharp it is on my 46 led Samsung screen.
I also bought a sandisk extreme 32mb hd video card, which may be helping on such good image quality.
Unless your a dedicated filmer, this camera is perfect for everyday use, especially the family man !

Lowepro Flipside 400 AW Backpack for DSLR - Pine Green
Lowepro Flipside 400 AW Backpack for DSLR - Pine Green
Offered by HarrisonCameras
Price: 109.99

2.0 out of 5 stars bad design error, 13 Dec 2010
This is my first modern pro camera bag; I have several thousand pounds worth of camera gear. I have been using a very robust shoulder bag from the eighties, and its still going strong! As I am walking a lot more I need a rucksack type.
The main problem with this bag is the access flap in to the main section, for some bizarre reason the two zips which start at the top and go down each side, stop just before the bottom and do no curl around the bottom so you can fold the flap back out the way for easy access with two hands? Instead you are fighting with the flap that is trying to force itself back closed. So you are holding the flap back with one hand while trying to pull your gear out with your other. My old bag that has the zip curling around the back of the bag, this then allows the lid/flap to be folded 270 degrees away from its original position. The lowepro will only fold 120 degrees at a push without forcing too much pressure on the zips. I am no bag designer but this to me is a slight lack of common sense !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2011 11:27 PM GMT

Green Zone [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Green Zone [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it on Blu-ray !, 4 Oct 2010
This is the worst picture quality I have ever seen on a blue Ray. Its full of noise and grain, especially in the dark scenes. So buy it on DVD instead and save some money !
I run an award winning Samsung LED and a class winning Sony Blue ray. I have Zulu and the Italian job on Blue-ray, they are both over 40 years old, and they really put this film to shame :~{ The storyline is good and keeps you on the edge of your seat right to the end. Matt Damon really makes the film with yet another star performance, but the camerawork is awefull in places as they are trying create a live feel to it all, instead its like they are filming on a ship in a Force 10 ! I am surprised Paul greengrass directed this, because the bournes are silky smooth films compared to this one ? Well worth a watch, but don't compare it to Jason Bourne.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2010 11:21 PM BST

Strike
Strike
Offered by westworld-
Price: 11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 STARS !, 26 May 2010
This review is from: Strike (Audio CD)
This is one addictive cd, you will play it over and over again, and if any one is in the room, no matter what age they will tap the feet, dance, or say I know this song who is it.
The vocals are perfectly timed and they are a very tight group together. My daughter who is 15 said that they have improved the songs from the originals!

Hoya 77mm Circular Polariser
Hoya 77mm Circular Polariser
Offered by CameraKing
Price: 26.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 23 May 2010
Broke two, by lightly just twisting the filter around, Going to another make next time.