Profile for Fussyfish > Reviews

Content by Fussyfish

Fussyfish

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny but not much depth., 24 Jun. 2012
Tune In Tokyo:The Gaijin Diaries
I was drawn to this book as I spent a year in Tokyo in the '80s, and it did bring it all back to me for which I'm grateful, hence the 4 stars.

His writing is well observed and funny and I did really enjoy reading it, but did feel that it ran out of steam towards the end and didn't have enough susbstance to keep me engaged as I struggled to the end.

The Misremembered Man

5.0 out of 5 stars An emotional rollercoaster, highly recommended!, 24 Jun. 2012
The Misremembered Man
I took pot-luck on this book and wasn't sure what I'd be getting, but was soon surprised by the quality of the writing, both in the gentle humour and the dramatic, sensitive portrayal of the main character as he remembered his childhood.

It was really unusual to find a book that continually swayed from such comic and light passages to the dark and distressing 'flashbacks' but it was so well balanced and the characters so endearing that I just wanted it to keep going.

Loved it!

APPLE IPOD TOUCH 4TH GEN 4 PC LUXURY GIFT ACCESSORY PACK - LOVE HEARTS DIAMANTE CASE / COVER / SHELL, SCREEN PROTECTOR, HEADSET, POUCH CASE PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful, 29 Sept. 2011
My daughter bought this with her pocket money and I expected it to be really poor quality - I was pleasantly surprised! It is bright and colourful but strong enough to offer protection. She's really happy with it, so am I.