Profile for Lozenger > Reviews

Lozenger

1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off
1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure fun and very interesting!, 30 Jan. 2013
If you need something to keep you occupied while you're making a cuppa, waiting in ad breaks or something for when you're bored at work, this book is for you. It'll pique your interest and get you thinking.

Three Weeks to Say Goodbye
Three Weeks to Say Goodbye

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gripping thriller., 26 Sept. 2011
I usually opt for these types of mystery-thrillers and was pleased with that this book offered. At times I had to persevere, but once the slow parts are over and the typos forgotten the plot thickens and the answers come tumbling out. Definitely recommend, I would read it again!

Hollywood Sinners
Hollywood Sinners

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved this book!, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Hollywood Sinners (Kindle Edition)
This is one long epic-Hollywood-thriller. There are so many characters to contend with I wasn't sure I would be able to keep up! The author has managed the characters and their varying stories brilliantly and by the end you'll wonder why you even thought you were confused. Full of mystery, glamour and such vivid characters, this e-book was a very welcome addition to my Kindle library. Definitely recommended for those who enjoy scandal and thrills.

Six Seconds (MIRA)
Six Seconds (MIRA)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable thriller., 13 Sept. 2011
This book kept me captivated and I found it hard to put down. At first it seems the different paths of the characters are worlds apart but as the story progresses the plots come together and create a gripping piece of fiction. Definitely one to have on your Kindle.

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Sept. 2011
Love the Sherlock Holmes stories. A series of short stories allows me to read these gradually whenever time permits. I 100% recommend this for your Kindle.

Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but flawed., 9 Sept. 2011
This is a book I read chapter by chapter when i need to pass the time and it is best kept for that use. The tone of each chapter changes so suddenly that it almost undermines the emotion he tries to express the chapter before. I think it is the inconsistency of the prose that lets it down, from death to bureaucracy is just a little too much.

Also, the writing can be a little vague in places, it doesn't quite feel like an expose of a GP's office, just a mish-mash of memories and inner thoughts. If you want something gripping and humourous, keep looking.

Lye in Wait: A Home Crafting Mystery
Lye in Wait: A Home Crafting Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 27 Aug. 2011
A well thought out book, nicely written and ticks all the right boxes. Having recently become interested in home cosmetics I found the little extra detail about these and the recipes superb and inspiring - not something authors tend to divulge to the average reader! Only a few formatting quirks but doesn't detract from the story. It's free, so I urge you to download it and have a gander.