Profile for Reviewer > Reviews

Reviewer

Tiki GoGo Tuner Chromatic Ukulele Tuner New
Tiki GoGo Tuner Chromatic Ukulele Tuner New

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 27 Nov 2012
Still haven't actually learned how to play my uke yet but this little tuner is great! Really clear and simple to use, makes uke tuning fun!

The Other Book
The Other Book
by Philip Womack

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor., 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Other Book (Paperback)
I saw Philip Womack's name on a list of authors that could supposedly be the next J K Rowling, and I was pretty excited that I would be stumbling across a hidden gem when I saw the good reviews for The Other Book. However, I really didn't enjoy reading this and I struggled to finish the book. The story didn't flow very well, characters had little character and in some bits I didn't really understand what was going on! The review by Bookmark is spot on.

FUSION - Set of 12 High Quality Aluminium Multi coloured Crochet Hooks Needles 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5, 5.5, 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm and 8mm in a plastic partitioned wallet/case
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad hooks - beware if you are bothered about sizes!, 7 Sep 2011
I had read from reviews of some different crochet hook sets available on Amazon that the sizing was bad, but there didn't seem to be any mention of that problem with this set so I went ahead and brought them. Firstly, the awful carry case they came in broke the first time I opened it. This wasn't a particular problem as I already have a case but people who are buying these because of the carry case may be disappointed!

Now on to the hooks...when I checked them all in my needle gauge, the hook marked as 8mm was actually 7mm, the hooks marked as 7mm and 6.5mm, were both 6mm (meaning I had three of the same size as they had managed to get the 6mm hook correct!), and the 4.5mm hook was 4mm. The rest were ok-ish, only slightly above or below the size by a small amount but still, I was a bit miffed. I still considered keeping them but when I tried to use one, a slight ridge on the inside of the hook kept catching on the wool. For a set that is marked as 'high quality' I don't really want to have to sand all the sharp edges down! Yep, so all in all disappointed, will be sending them back.

Bit of a shame really, they were nice bright, lightweight, colourful hooks that I would have liked to have used!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Nov 2008
Initially this clock seemed like a great little gadget, I liked having the date as well as time settings and the colour changing lights were really impressive. However....the alarm is not only fiddly to programme but so quiet that you may as well not bother; the snooze function on mine didn't work either.

I decided to go back to my old alarm and just use the Aurora to tell the time but even that didn't work as the clock runs fast; I have had it for about 10 months and the time is 15 mintues off.