Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Bigbellabongo" (Scotland)

The Nether World (Oxford World's Classics)
The Nether World (Oxford World's Classics)
by George Gissing
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant book, 1 Mar 2013
I think this book is a hidden gem, and why someone hasn't made it into a movie I just don't know. For me, in some ways, it is better than Dickens - it seems less sentimental and more truthful, somehow. The mystery keeps you turning the page, and the characters in it are memorable. Got to read this one!

East End My Cradle
East End My Cradle
by Willy Goldman

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: East End My Cradle (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book - it describes the Jewish East End brilliantly, in a no-nonsense way and I would highly recommend it.

Journey Through a Small Planet
Journey Through a Small Planet
by Emanuel Litvinoff
Price: 5.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 1 Mar 2013
I am a bit of a Jack the Ripper "investigator" so I was looking for books that described the East End of London first hand. This book did that, and much more. Litvinoff describes his life there in a very readable and truthful way, so that you feel you are "walking the streets" with him. It's down to earth and very interesting, funny at times and definitely worth a read

Ghost Stories from the BBC: Whistle and I'll Come to You (1968 + 2010) [DVD]
Ghost Stories from the BBC: Whistle and I'll Come to You (1968 + 2010) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sir Michael Hordern (1968)
Offered by jim-exselecky
Price: 10.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this film, 4 Jun 2012
This current release is a snip at 12 and for all those out there who love the original "The Haunting" or "The Innocents", then I think you will appreciate this too. The film is not rushed, and takes you along at an old-fashioned pace. It is quiet and somewhat hum-drum, but before you know it, you are being drawn in to the feeling of foreboding and waiting..waiting... A classic, and one for my ghost story DVD collection.

Mice in Red Box Puppet
Mice in Red Box Puppet
Offered by Puppets By post
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute, 13 Mar 2009
This review is from: Mice in Red Box Puppet (Toy)
I bought this when on holiday in Canada. They are so adorable. Folkmanis have really great puppets.

Overcoming Anxiety: A Five Areas Approach (Hodder Arnold Publication)
Overcoming Anxiety: A Five Areas Approach (Hodder Arnold Publication)
by Chris Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars used by professionals, 5 Mar 2009
This book is used by practitioners of cognitive behavourial therapy and so is quite good

Good Ideas Naturecare Sounds Machine (110) Aids Tinnitus and restful nights sleep to the sounds of nature.
Offered by China Street
Price: 21.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this machine, 20 Dec 2008
This is a really good machine. I was looking for a good wave sound, and rejected so many I heard on the internet as the wave sounded too "crashing in a storm" and not very relaxing. This one has a calming wave sound like on a sandy shore and is ideal to relax to. The other sounds are good too. And it is very easy to use. I'm glad I bought it. Update 24.11.11 - I've just bought another one - my daughter is using my old one!