Profile for FMT > Reviews

Genesis Revisited II
Genesis Revisited II
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of Genesis songs, 5 Mar 2013
This is an excellent flash-back to what I consider was the high point of Genesis. The vocalists take a little getting used to, sometimes sounding like a Peter Gabriel imitator (with mixed results, some bad, some over-done, some good), sometimes a throaty Phil Collins, and sometimes, to be honest, they are over-dramatic and sound like someone having a laugh. The only one that doesn't really work for me is the female voice on Ripples - it has potential as an idea (an older woman's voice singing of her lost youth), but lacks the power in the chorus to carry it off. But the music overall is good - slightly more dynamic instrumentals than the original, with a few interesting ad-libs tucked into the mix. If I had one criticism it would be that the tracks are a little too close to the original release and I had hoped for some updating in pace and style, along the lines of the 1999 Genesis Carpet Crawlers release. Still, it is a long album with a well chosen set of tracks and I found myself singing away to it at full tilt from start to finish!