Profile for Belfastbees > Reviews

AC/DC: Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
AC/DC: Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
by Mick Wall

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking insight., 2 April 2013
First of all let me say I'm 48, a fan since back in black. My brother came home from uni with the live if you want blood . . And I couldn't believe what I heard. I was too young then to really follow them, and they were off my radar when Bon died.
By the time for those about to rock was released I had all their albums to that date.
This book covers in great detail that period, rather glossing over the more recent stuff.
It's clearly and openly stated that noone within the band or current crew has cooperated, and it's true that many of the sources have been fired by them, well really Malcolm, so you could say its likely to be biased.
I was particularly interested in the Bon Scott aspect, clearly an intelligent and warm guy, allowed to decend into hell without any intervention.
I think it's probably accurate as I've read before frankly that malcolm is a tyrant.
It's a real shame as they are superb, but they have lost their direction since I don't know when.
It's now all I need to re-affirm my view that ac/dc pretty much ended when Bon died, a few songs and perhaps BIB being an exception. Their best album for me is Powerage.