Profile for M. Jones > Reviews

The Extra Virgin Kitchen
The Extra Virgin Kitchen
by Susan Jane White

5.0 out of 5 stars Has helped changed my life, 25 July 2014
This is a fab book. I suffer terribly from eczema and have done for 35 years. A few months ago, it just seemed to reach a crisis point like never point, and referred back yet again to another dermatologist, I started looking for alternatives with an enthusiasm I'd not had before. I'm a real foodie. The idea of giving up any food, let alone dairy or meat is horrific to me. And yet here I am barely two months later nearly eczema free for the first time in, well, I don't know how long. First I found out about the alkaline diet, and then I found this book.

What I really want to praise about this book is how informative and helpful it is to anyone making big transitions in their diet and trying to make good sound decisions when there's so much out there, a lot of it pretending to be good for us and actually not. I've discovered by staying away from ALL dairy, processed food, refined sugar, eating non farmed or dyed fish and organic white meat occasionally, with lots of fruit and vegetables, brown basmati, quinoa and staying hydrated. The changes are phenominal. The information in this book is life changing if you suffer from all manner of health issues.

Looking at how I've suffered and the transformation, other members of my own family have started eating like this. I lost wrinkles, tiredness as well as improved my skin vastly. I think there's lots to praise about this book and I do reccommend it. I hope she does more, with less emphasis on quinoa, which despite it's many virtues, I don't find quite as thrilling as Susan Jane White seems to. I really hope she does a couple more books for baking and one for celebrations and festive occasions. The trick I have discovered of making these changes, it to make sure you find treats, which really are treats which aren't particularly harmful to you. Some of them in this book are fab, but I want more! If you're also thinking of trying the same thing as me. I found I can get away with Almond milk with chocolate and 85% chocolate most of the time.

This book debunks the myths around soya, agave syrup and gives sound medical reasoning and backing as to the choices being made and still openly leaves the decisions to you. It's not a lecture. It's a guide, and better still it's a foodie's guide. Good luck.

Happy People 58466 Saddle with Stirrup - Brown
Happy People 58466 Saddle with Stirrup - Brown
Offered by Toysworld

5.0 out of 5 stars These are brilliant. I had an old habitat horse from my ..., 25 July 2014
These are brilliant. I had an old habitat horse from my childhood, the corduroy sort that used to have mop mane and tail. It arrived back to me in with no mane, no tail, or eyes or tack. The really great thing about these that no one else has mentioned is that they're entirely fabric, which means I've been able to upcycle them with trimmings to give my refurbished horse a more Spanish look. You can really individualise these if you want to, which is lovely. They're nice and soft and safe. The girth undoes with velco and again because it's all fabric, although it didn't fit my old horse exactly I was able to make adjustments so it fitted like a glove. Much harder to do with leather.

TowelsRus Plain Cotton Tea Towels 100% Cotton, Pack Of 6, White, 50cm x 80cm
TowelsRus Plain Cotton Tea Towels 100% Cotton, Pack Of 6, White, 50cm x 80cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
Good quality for the price. Really glad to have finally found a place I can bulk buy in white.

Galt Toys Farm Playnest
Galt Toys Farm Playnest

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Farm Playnest (Toy)
Exactly as described and delivered fast too.

Pack of 5 Pairs - Brown Eyes - 15mm - Safety Eyes for Soft Toy or Teddy Bear Making
Offered by CelloExpress

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
Exactly as described and posted quickly too.

The Brontė Sisters: The Complete Novels (Unabridged)
The Brontė Sisters: The Complete Novels (Unabridged)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. I mean it's a book, 3 July 2014
Perfect. I mean it's a book, followed by another book and it's Austen, what's not to love.

PattyBoutik Mama Cowl Neck Drop Shoulder Tunic Maternity Blouse Top (Green 12)
PattyBoutik Mama Cowl Neck Drop Shoulder Tunic Maternity Blouse Top (Green 12)
Offered by Patty Fashions

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Very useful., 3 July 2014
Comfy and soft and very pretty.

Packing Or Multi Purpose White Permanent Square Cornered Label - 3 Labels Per Sheet - 25 Sheets 210mm x 99.48mm
Offered by Labels4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Very useful., 3 July 2014
Been fab for packing. Great quality labels.

Gluten-Free Bread: Delicious Easy Homemade Bread
Gluten-Free Bread: Delicious Easy Homemade Bread
by Sophie Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 3 July 2014
I've got to agree with the guy that gave this book one star. I don't hate it, but I'm not happy. Firstly it's more of a pamphlet than a book. Not worth £6.50, that's for sure. Secondly, the amount of ingredients to make a simply loaf of bread is just too much. I don't mind keep two or three types of flour in the house, but every recipe seems to require something new. Almond flour, coconut flour, millet flour, amaranth flour,buckwheat flour, quinoa flour, oat flour, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, and that's just the flour. Secondly, I can't eat dairy. Completely allergic. Now whilst I know this book doesn't advertise itself as dairy free, it's bread, I wasn't expecting every other recipe to contain, butter, buttermilk or yoghurt. They do, and offer no substitutions. The recipes seem sound but for me I either can't use them or find them unusable. I think a much better book could be written. If you know one. Let me know. Good luck.

True Ultra Sensitive Ovulation Test Strips (30 pack) Wide Width (3mm). Fertility Test Kit for Home Use, CE Approved
Offered by True Healthcare

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, helpful, successful!, 9 Jun 2014
I've waited until I actually fell pregnant before I wrote a review on this. You can spend a fortune on kits for 'peace of mind' and in the end, if each month passes and you get negatives it's very easy to feel bad about the amount you're spending on the kits, as well as depressed that this, again, isn't your month. These are great, but if you want to go even cheaper and if you are a regularish 28 dayer (ish), count ten days from the first day of aunt flo and then get to bed every day. Also, very effective. Good luck. x

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6