Profile for docF > Reviews

Content by docF

docF (The UK)

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (Xbox 360)
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - Part 1 (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Stinks more than voldermorts armpits!, 29 Nov. 2010
:-( ... See this face :-( ... That's how annoyed I am after playing the new Harry Potter game on the XBOX. Mr EA boss man... Listen here... If I wanted to play Call of Duty dressed as Harry Potter, I'd have bought said game, a wizards hat, round glasses and a wand!

I, like most of the others on here have played and completed all the previous HP games and loved them for their diversity of game play, through the use of puzzles, applying logic and having knowledge of the plot in order to complete tasks and challenges. This game however seems to have ditched everything that set HP games apart and has followed the same old "let's just get bad guys cropping up here, there and everywhere that you need to shoot,/find cover/throw things at!"

I know the film has taken a darker turn than it's predecessors but was that really a sound enough reason to change the format of these games so drastically! Surely, just make the challenges harder make cut scenes more sinister, but if it ain't broke don't fix it! Yes, Call of Duty might be one of the best games in history... But if I wanted to play CoD I'd have bought CoD! bad move EA... Bad move!

Also... Tried the Kinect game out too... It just gave me severe arm ache after 4 minutes of solid flicking of the arm/wrist... I failed the first challenge... Mainly cos it was not truly responsive to your movements and you just had to do the same thing over and over and over and over... Get the idea!

Overall... I am terribly disappointed! Just hoping Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 are worth the wait! Boo hiss EA... You've ruined my evening and my bank balance to the tune of £40! Thanks a bunch
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2014 2:05 AM GMT

The Paranormal Caught on Film: Amazing Photographs of Ghosts, Poltergeists and Other Strange Phenomena
by Melvyn J. Willin

1.0 out of 5 stars what a shame!, 3 Nov. 2009
I have been involved in the paranormal investigation world for many years... and I do enjoy looking at images of "ghosts", but as someone has said... I can view many of these images on-line and I find it quite annoying that someone has taken these images, put them into a book and made money from other people's work. Especially as three of the images used are from my own Paranormal Groups website and we were not asked for permission for them to be used! Yes... they have credited our group in the photography credits... but it would have been nice to have been asked!

If you want a book where all the vigils and information are real and written first hand by the actual investigators... I recommend the Ghost Hunter Chronicles! Actual investigations written by actual investigators! The Ghost Hunter Chronicles

Hauling
Hauling

5.0 out of 5 stars He's Back & He's Better!, 19 July 2006
This review is from: Hauling (Audio CD)
Jawbone is a legend in his own lunchtime, a one man band who works in the day and spits out spine tingling blues at night! Im fortunate enough to have met the man behind the noise and found the reasons why he does what he does ... and he does it well!

Do yourself a real favour and get in touch with real blues music ... 12 Volt Blues!

The War of the Worlds [7-disc Collector's Edition]
The War of the Worlds [7-disc Collector's Edition]
Offered by sdiscs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!!!, 22 Jun. 2005
it is WORTH EVERY PENNY!
Not only are the CD's fantastic (there are also out-takes by Richard Burton), there is also an enormous book of original artwork (remember the tiny book? well now its huge!) and also the story of the creation of the music we all feared as children!
Absolutely Superb!!! ULLA!!!

Rubber Johnny - Chris Cunningham [DVD]
Rubber Johnny - Chris Cunningham [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Cunningham

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Mind Bending 7 Minutes Of Footage!, 22 Jun. 2005
Finally Rubber Johnny dropped through my letterbox! and within an hour I had watched the video 6 times! Just to understand what was going on!
Now I can see why Chris Cunningham spent days on 1 second of footage, everything is in perfect sync and harmony on screen - even if the images are mortally disturbing!
The book itself is far greater, with some of the most bizarre imagery I have ever seen. One can only guess what parts of the body are what, and what parts are not! Either way ... its not a game for the family!
The Music Video of The Year!

Who's Got Trouble?
Who's Got Trouble?
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 3 April 2005
This review is from: Who's Got Trouble? (Audio CD)
I heard this album being played in a local bookstore, and had to find out who it was ... and listened to it in full.
I have never heard of this band before, but as soon as I listened it grabbed my heart strings and didn't let go until the final song.
Well ... whats the album like? Eclectic, think of Norah Jones, Cerys Matthews and Tom Waits chilling out, and I think you're pretty much there. But no description, can do this justice.
Do yourself a favour, and buy this album now ... the first track is worth the money alone!

Dang Blues
Dang Blues
Offered by trec002

5.0 out of 5 stars Music ... Pure & Simple!, 3 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Dang Blues (Audio CD)
Jawbone is the only artist in the history of John Peel on Radio 1 that has been asked for an encore by the legend himself.
If you love music in its rawest form (and you can't get any more raw than live recordings from a one man band running from a car battery) then Jawbone is for you ... blues as it was meant to be!
I can't extol the virtues of this album enough!!!