Profile for Prettylady > Reviews

The Year of the Working Sheepdog [DVD]
Offered by Rapid-DVD
Price: 15.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant tribute to working border collies, 31 Dec 2012
Already familiar with David Kennard and his dogs through the 'Mist' TV series, I bought this DVD as a complete border collie fan! I wasn't disappointed - the photography is stunning and Christopher Timothy's unobtrusive narration is perfect. Following the shepherd's year beginning in Autumn, all the dogs are featured going about their daily (hard working) business. With footage of puppies in training, lambing and shearing etc., this is a great DVD for anyone who loves border collies, is interested in sheep farming or who just appreciates a very well produced feature. It's obvious that David Kennard loves his dogs and this DVD is a delight to watch.

9ct White Gold AMRu1110 Ladies 0.25ct Diamond Band Ring Size N
9ct White Gold AMRu1110 Ladies 0.25ct Diamond Band Ring Size N

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable bling!, 30 Sep 2008
As a sucker for diamond rings and all things sparkly, I love this ring! It's a quality produced item which looks far more expensive on the finger than it really is, I'm not scared to wear it for everyday use, but it still cuts the mustard when something classy is required. Comes complete with a luxury box, I really can't fault this item!!

Border Collie Sheepdogs - Off Duty [2005] [DVD]
Border Collie Sheepdogs - Off Duty [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kings Green Sheepdogs
Price: 19.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 14 Aug 2008
As a HUGE fan of Border Collies this was a 'must have' for me. Seeing a large pack of these dogs in their natural surroundings going about their daily business was a joy, they're obviously well cared for and thoroughly enjoy their work. This film's also proof (if it were needed) that collies are totally mad! The expression "work hard, play hard" must have been made for them. The puppy shots are just wonderful but one of my favourites is the sequence with the water sprinkler, you'll laugh out loud! The music accompanying the film is an inspired choice,all in all I cannot recommend this DVD highly enough.

Mist the tale of a sheepdog puppy [DVD]
Mist the tale of a sheepdog puppy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Overall
Offered by DVD SOLUTIONS
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely film!, 28 July 2008
As a huge fan of Border Collies I bought this expecting it to be a British version of the file 'Babe'. It is far, far better! The first year of Mists's life is told beautifully, and you can't help but be drawn into her trials and tribulations as she learns how to be a sheepdog. The scenery in Devon is fantastic but be warned there is a sad bit (I won't spoil it for you.) This is a wonderful showcase for these intelligent, hardworking (and slightly mad!) dogs. Super for anyone from kids to grown up kids.

Sun Valley Serenade [DVD] [1941]
Sun Valley Serenade [DVD] [1941]
Dvd ~ Sonja Henie

5.0 out of 5 stars Just magical!, 22 April 2008
This is one of my all time favourite films! The perfect show case for Miller's Orchestra with Sonja Henie and John Payne acting their roles wonderfully. Great support roles too from Milton Berle and Lynn Bari (who also appeared in Miller's only other film, Orchestra Wives). The film includes a great dance routine by the Nicholas Brothers (who were also in Orchestra Wives), with a young Dorothy Dandridge who charmingly sings with them in Chatanoogoo Choo Choo. My only regret is that we are unable to see the final skating routine in colour as it must have been beautiful. My top tip - look out for Sonja Henie's amazing spins, you won't believe that someone could go that fast!

Pearl: Obsessions and Passions of Janis Joplin
Pearl: Obsessions and Passions of Janis Joplin
by Ellis Amburn

5.0 out of 5 stars A Woman Left Lonely, 16 April 2008
This is a great book, informative and well written. It portrays the crazy and sad life of a woman who influenced music at a time when anything went. Although it sometimes makes for uncomfortable reading I would recommend this to anyone, whether they're a fan or just have a passing interest in this much missed artist.

Brand New Sony Ericsson K800i Black Phone Orange PAYG+ Orange PAYG Sim Card and 10 Call Credit

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, 16 April 2008
I've had this phone for nearly 2 weeks and I'm more or less used to it now. I wanted a phone that had a decent quality camera, that allowed internet browsing, and that could play music. This phone ticks all the boxes, albeit mine didn't have the 10 credit but that's probably just my bad luck. On the downside, the buttons are on the small side and for this reason I find texting a bit fiddly and more time consuming than with my other phone (Nokia 3510i) Also, I wanted to send emails from my phone but you have to programme the settings in order to do this - again on my old phone I could just send them anyway. I tried and failed to link it to my computer but regards call quality and radio functions it's fine. Battery is life is ok too but I imagine that if using it for all the functions repeatedly obviously this wouldn't be so good (as you'd expect). A decent modern phone at a reasonable price, am happy so far.

Paddington Bear - Paddington Goes To The Movies [DVD]
Paddington Bear - Paddington Goes To The Movies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ivor Wood
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 4.04

4.0 out of 5 stars A hidden gem!, 16 April 2008
This is worth watching for the first of the two features alone. Paddington recreates the famous scene from Singin' In The Rain in his own inimitable style. As I watched I could see Gene Kelly doing the routine, the animation was that true to the original! The second feature is the slightly weaker and that's why I've given this 4 stars, not 5.

Cloppa Castle - The Complete Series [DVD] [1978]
Cloppa Castle - The Complete Series [DVD] [1978]
Dvd ~ Judy Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Cult classic Kids TV, 15 April 2008
Until I bought this DVD last year, I had real problems finding anything out about this show which I'd watched and enjoyed as a child. Watching it now as a 30 something I can appreciate the hidden innuendo and subtly sarcastic scripting. Can't believe they had the nerve to model the jester on Ken Dodd, the likeness is remarkable! The effeminate prince is also a nice touch. Pure nostalgia!!

Incomplete Glen Tilbrook
Incomplete Glen Tilbrook
Price: 15.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 15 April 2008
I was fortunate enough to see Glenn at an acoustic gig just before this album was released. To get an insight into some of the songs from the man himself was fantastic, and the intimate setting of the evening just added to the experience that he was sharing with us. My favourite track, This Is Where You Ain't, was written about his two eldest kids moving to Australia with their mother - I defy anyone not to be touched by the words when you know the inspiration behind them.
Tilbrook is one of our greatest singer/songwriters of the age, and also one of the most unsung. He is close to his best on this album, buy it and enjoy true genius.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3