Profile for Druss Film Legend > Reviews

Content by Druss Film Legend

Druss Film Legend "Jaycee" (Manchester England)

Somme
Somme
by Lyn MacDonald
Price: 9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant retelling of World War One, 13 Dec 2009
This review is from: Somme (Paperback)
I first read one of Lyn MacDonald's World War One books when a friend gave me "They called it Passchendale" and found it informative and an excellent read. Since then I have bought all of her books about WW1. Like the others Somme is told from the viewpoint of various participants from Generals to the footslogger interspersed by a very good narrative style from Ms MacDonald. At times it reads like a novel with characters you can identify with. At the same time giving the salient historical facts. The reader becomes involved unlike with normal recounting of battles. For anybody interested in WW1 I would suggest to start with 1914, Hope Springs then go through to 1915, Somme (1916) Passchendale (1917) and end wit 1918.

Battlestations Pacific (Xbox 360)
Battlestations Pacific (Xbox 360)
Offered by FUN-N-MORE
Price: 52.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the novice and the experienced player, 13 Dec 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I am not very good at many of the games that need good control of many functions at once. Probably my age. I still found this game enjoyable, especially in the training mode. Here you can practise away without being shot at and thus not getting frustrated too soon. Have not got into the campaigns as yet but I'm getting very good piloting a Hurricane.