Profile for nickymc > Reviews

nickymc

12 LED Headlamp Headlight
12 LED Headlamp Headlight
Offered by Pakeeza

3.0 out of 5 stars not very robust. only lasted one camping trip and ..., 4 Sep 2014
not very robust. only lasted one camping trip and then broke. a few months later I saw very similar product on sale at at Poundworld so I bought one from there.

Freelogix Set Of 3 Decorative Storage Display Hanging Wall Cubes - Red
Freelogix Set Of 3 Decorative Storage Display Hanging Wall Cubes - Red
Offered by Hot UK Stuff

1.0 out of 5 stars very small and not really suitable for my intention - ..., 4 Sep 2014
very small and not really suitable for my intention - to display Lego builds.
still sitting on a shelf and will probably go to the school jumble sale!

Strictly Come Dancing: Showtime Spectacular! Dressing Up Sticker Book
Strictly Come Dancing: Showtime Spectacular! Dressing Up Sticker Book
by Chloe Melody

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Sep 2014
my daughter is going to love this!

The LEGO Movie 70800: Getaway Glider
The LEGO Movie 70800: Getaway Glider
Offered by Hamleys

1.0 out of 5 stars VASTLY OVER -PRICED on Amazon - Shop around!, 4 Sep 2014
this is a REALLY SMALL Lego kit. It is also VASTLY OVER-PRICED on Amazon and can be purchased for much less at ToysRUs or Argos. I should have shopped around instead of impulse purchasing!!!!!!!!

Hannah Montana 3 Original Soundtrack
Hannah Montana 3 Original Soundtrack
Offered by Giant Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars we loved this cd, 29 Aug 2013
my children love hannah montana and have played this particular cd until it is scratched to bits which is why i ordered another copy. sent my guys away for the bank holiday with the new cd only to be told on monday that the cd inside the hannah montana 3 case was in fact a britney spears album! luckily my guys enjoyed that album too but can't really explain how a the cd came to be in the case?

Me to You Go Glow Pal
Me to You Go Glow Pal

3.0 out of 5 stars just what she wanted!, 29 Nov 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Me to You Go Glow Pal (Toy)
at just over £16 i thought it was a bit of a rip off for what is basically a teddy. the batteries were flat when it arrived so had to be replaced. having said all of that of that i know my 6yr old daughter is going to be delighted with this teddy.

Not For Parents London: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know (Lonely Planet Not for Parents Travel Book)
by Klay Lamprell

5.0 out of 5 stars nickymc67, 26 Jun 2012
We're off to London this summer and I wanted to fire up enthusiasm for the trip. I'd read the other reveiws and even though some of them said the information was a bit limited in this book I thought I buy it and see anyway. What a good decision! My 8 year old son has only put it down to write something on his "to do in London list". He's taken it to school to show and his face was a picture when he explained that he'd thought he'd lost it but then found it! He's an average reader and the layout and text is just at the right level for him. I can see how others might think that the information is a bit thin but if you are looking for a travel book for beginner readers then I would highly recommend this one.

50 Things to Spot in London (Usborne Spotters' Cards)
50 Things to Spot in London (Usborne Spotters' Cards)
by Rob Lloyd Jones
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars IDEAL CHILD FRIENDLY PACK, 26 Jun 2012
I was looking for some good resources to fire up enthusiasm about our trip to London this summer. I love the city and I am a teacher so there is a chance that I might overkill the whole experience dragging my guys, aged 6 and 8 round all the museum (this theory was postulated by my husband!). I read the other reviews of this pack and thought I would chance it. What a good decision. My son, aged 8 loves it. He's an average reader but is able to access the information on the back of the cards. He devised a game whereby he would give me snippets of information and I'd have to guess the landmark. He has picked out the ones he's most interested in and so now we can go where he wants to rather than where I think we should go! I'm really pleased with this purchase.