Profile for G. Hamilton > Reviews

Hendersons Yorkshire Relish 284 ml
Hendersons Yorkshire Relish 284 ml
Offered by The Yorkshire Pantry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 17 Jan. 2015
This is an excellent product, made in Yorkshire and suitable for vegans.

Revolution
Revolution

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, thought-provoking and eye-opening!, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Revolution (Kindle Edition)
Yaaay! Just finished reading our Russell's fabulous book! The lad is a genius!
With disarming honesty, directness and eloquence, he not only points out everything we always knew was wrong with the system (but perhaps were afraid to admit), he also looks at practical stuff we can do about it with real examples of tried and tested alternatives and suggestions from some of the wisest people of our time.
No, he's not perfect. Yes he's had his ups and downs, which leave him vulnerable to criticism by those who have a vested interest in keeping things as they are and can't be bothered to listen properly to what he's saying. But having spent his short life in a variety of environments, from super-deprived to super-wealthy, and having spoken to pretty much everyone you've ever heard of (from homeless people on the streets to presidents, celebs and princes and the Dalai Lama) about things that matter to all of us, he has an astonishing breadth of vision that few people have access to in this lifetime. On top of that, he appears to have gained a level of "spiritual" insight that has helped him to sort his own life out. This guy is awake!
Having been likened to his heroes Che Guevara and Jesus, he may be not be everyone's idea of the new Ghandi, but his words are wise and his visions are sound and, in contrast to all the garbage we hear on a daily basis, this book provides a way out of the hole we've dug ourselves into and shines a light of hope to guide us as we take back control of our lives and create a better world for future generations.

GadgetinBox™ Rechargeable Music Angel Docking Speakers For Apple iPhone's / iPod's (Black)
Offered by Micropix

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 14 Jan. 2015
This has got to be the greatest little gadget EVER! After years of lugging around bulky CD players to my classes, I now have an iPod attached to this tiny box, which is as light as a feather and produces great quality sound that, on less than half volume, is loud enough to fill a large hall. I haven't dared to turn it up to full volume yet!

Gluten 1kg
Gluten 1kg
Offered by Buy Whole Foods Online

5.0 out of 5 stars So versatile!, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Gluten 1kg (Misc.)
Arrived promptly and well-packaged. Great product. Very easy to use to make home-made seitan for vegan sausages, stews, burgers, stir fries, anything that you would normally do with meat. Fine using just a basic recipe where it's mixed with nutritional yeast, vegetable stock, and perhaps a bit of garlic powder and soy sauce, but you can experiment with herbs and spices, chopped onion, kale...i got so creative I soon had to order a bigger pack! Oh and apparently it's great for bread-making too!

So I hear you're a Pole Dancer?
So I hear you're a Pole Dancer?

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, eye-opening and moving., 18 Dec. 2014
This is a fabulous book! Written in a very direct and honest style, it is, on the surface, a simple autobiography. But it is so much more than that! As well as an introduction to the fascinating world of "Polercise", it is a tale of astonishing courage, energy and determination that should be required reading for anyone thinking of starting their own business. A talented and gifted teacher who has risen above life's challenges while helping many others to excel in this difficult discipline and become instructors in their own right; Stefania, wise beyond her years, recommends that, in order to succeed in this life, we should use our own wings and nobody else's. Following the heroic example set by this remarkable young woman, we may very well learn how to fly!

The Muvipix.com Guide to DVD Architect Studio 5.0: 1
The Muvipix.com Guide to DVD Architect Studio 5.0: 1
by Steve Grisetti

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought this book!, 18 Jan. 2014
I have been using earlier versions of DVD Architect for years but recently I was finding that even HD footage was breaking up when I played my DVDs on a modern widescreen TV. How the professionals overcome this challenge seemed to me to be one of life's great mysteries until I read this book! I now understand how the selection of various options when you set up a project affects the finished product and how it appears on a TV screen. All these options are clearly explained and advice is offered on which to choose, instead of leaving you to guess. So, with this latest edition of the software and the expertise of Steve Grisetti and Movipix, I'm hopeful that my future efforts will be vastly improved from now on.

The Muvipix.com Guide to Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12: The tools, and how to use them, to make movies on your personal computer using Sony's amazing video editing program
by Steve Grisetti

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading!, 18 Jan. 2014
This is a fabulous book for anyone wanting to edit video. I have used Sony Vegas and DVD Architect for years but with limited help from the user manual and help menus which seemed to assume that I would know what it meant by "aspect ratio" and other technical terms. Well now, at last, I do - thanks to Steve Grisetti and Movipix. No prior knowledge is assumed; everything is patiently and clearly explained and I now understand how easy it is to undermine the quality of a finished product, however good the original footage, by choosing the wrong initial settings for a project. As well as explanations of what each option does, there are also recommendations of which ones to use, which is a vast improvement on the educated guess method of selection that I used to employ! It has also brought me up to date on handling HD footage and it even has suggested work-arounds for importing seemingly incompatible media. Investing in this book is likely to save many hours of trial and error so, for me, it was well worth every penny.

15.6" 15.4" Vangoddy Premium Water Resistant Neoprene Laptop Pouch Sleeve for Notebooks upto 15.4 inch Nicely Fit Acer Aspire Samsung Apple Macbook Pro Sony Vaio Compaq Presario Toshiba Satellite HP Pavilion Lenovo (Black-Pink)
Offered by BestpricecenterUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, 18 Jan. 2014
This is exactly what I wanted: soft yet sturdy, roomy yet not baggy. Just the job for protecting a 15" laptop. Useful zip compartment on the front for carrying peripherals such as a mouse. Really can't fault this product.

Avid Sibelius First - Version 7 (PC/Mac)
Avid Sibelius First - Version 7 (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Miracle, 3 Aug. 2013
Having composed music inside my head since I was a baby, but with no way of sharing it with others other than by humming a tune, I never dreamed that one day I would be able to write scores for a whole orchestra. I bought this software recently and I have already created two CDs. Never having done this kind of thing before, I have had to learn how to write music as well as how to use the software, so it's a steep learning curve, but I'm loving every minute of it and I would like to offer my profound thanks to the creators of this product for making this possible.
The only drawbacks I have found so far are to do with technical problems of computing. I believe that the music is stored in a midi rather than digital format which makes it difficult for other types of software to recognise it, and although you can copy your finished work onto a CD, it won't play on a CD player, so in the end I had to just play it into a microphone connected to Sony Sound Forge on another machine and create a CD from that. There may be a better way to do this which I will discover as I become more experienced but, if not, it is the one recommendation I would offer to the manufacturers: to increase the export options to include wav or MP3 options if possible or provide clear instructions how to work around this. The quality of sound produced on a computer is also very limited but still very satisfying and the real point is that you get to create a printed score so, who knows, one day I may even get to hear a real orchestra playing my music. Thanks Avid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2014 10:47 AM BST

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece!, 3 Aug. 2013
I read this out of curiosity just because my children have all grown up with Harry Potter and I wanted to see what J K Rowling had written next, in spite of some of the negative reviews I'd heard. I can only say, I'm very glad I did and I can't think how anyone could find this book "boring". After reading the blurb and reviews, it really didn't seem to be the kind of thing that would appeal to me at all, never having been remotely interested in the affairs of Parish Councils and suchlike. Even after being introduced to a host of rather unendearing characters, I was wondering where it was going and not sure if I could manage to stick with it for 506 Kindle pages, but then I began to follow some of the threads that were beginning to emerge from the seemingly haphazard array of glimpses into the lives of the villagers and after that I was riveted. As the plot unfolds with the inevitability of loose stones triggering a landslide, you are swept along on a tide of intrigue and dread. While the end is not particularly surprising, that wasn't really the point of the story. What it leaves you with is a disturbing insight into how the little things we do as we trundle through this world with our blinkers on can have huge repercussions on other people's lives, and that courage can be found in the most unexpected places. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm sure the lessons learned from it will stay with me for a long time to come.

Page: 1 | 2