Profile for Peter B > Reviews

Content by Peter B

Peter B (Sussex, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Acc-Sees Antistatic Carbon Fiber Cleaning Brush
Acc-Sees Antistatic Carbon Fiber Cleaning Brush
Offered by Bridport Music
Price: 4.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Record cleaning brush, 28 Mar 2013
It does what it claims. Good value for money, easy to use and picks up the dust. Also a good price.

HQ 12V 7.2Ah Universal Sealed Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery
HQ 12V 7.2Ah Universal Sealed Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 18.92

5.0 out of 5 stars SLA batteries, 28 Mar 2013
I bought two of these to replace two batteries in a Belkin UPS that were no longer functioning properly. These batteries fitted in without any problems and so far seem to be working well. I guess the proof will be how long they last for. So far so good.

Raleigh Water Bottle Cage Alloy Silver
Raleigh Water Bottle Cage Alloy Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value water cage, 28 Mar 2013
It seems well enough constructed and for the price is everything I expected. You can pay 10 times as much if you want to but all I wanted was a silver alloy cage that I can put my water bottle into. This fits the bill.

Masterplug HDCC5013/4BL 50m 4 Socket 13 Amp Open Cable Reel with Thermal Cut Out and Reset Button
Price: 52.76

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful cable reel, 28 Mar 2013
This reel serves the purpose for which it was bought and was sold at a reasonable price. There are other reels that have better mechanisms for winding in that prevent the cable slipping over the sides but for the price, this one serves its purpose.

Detergent Steam Mop Replacement Pads - 5 Pack (Compatible with the VAX S2S)
Detergent Steam Mop Replacement Pads - 5 Pack (Compatible with the VAX S2S)
Offered by Design&Trade
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mop pads, 28 Mar 2013
My wife wanted these for her steam mop and they do exactly what they say - so she tells me. Easy to fit and clean well.

VP M31 Dual Sided Clipless Pedals & Cleats
VP M31 Dual Sided Clipless Pedals & Cleats
Offered by Parkers of Bolton
Price: 23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended clipless pedals, 28 Mar 2013
These are the fourth set of these pedals that I have bought as I have two road bikes and two mountain bikes. I find the pedals well designed and sturdy and do everything I want at a reasonable price.

Raleigh GNJ250 Adjustable Handlebar Stem Quill Fitting - Black
Raleigh GNJ250 Adjustable Handlebar Stem Quill Fitting - Black
Price: 18.23

5.0 out of 5 stars A great handlebar stem, 28 Mar 2013
I wanted to change the height and reach of the drop handlebars on my old road bike so that my teenage son can ride it - he is a little shorter than me and so I wanted to raise the height of the handlebars as well as reducing the reach. It was not possible to achieve what I wanted by adjusting the fitted quill stem so I bought this adjustable stem as it appeared to offer the adjustability that I needed. It does everything that I wanted and the bike is now set up perfectly for my son to ride. As he grows taller then I will be able to adjust the handlebars accordingly. An excellent purchase.

Onapplianceparts Bosch Siemens Washing Machine Motor Carbon Brushes -93
Onapplianceparts Bosch Siemens Washing Machine Motor Carbon Brushes -93
Offered by EzeeFix - Spares
Price: 3.08

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish brushes, 28 Oct 2012
You get what you pay for and that's certainly the case with these brushes. The carbon is of inferior quality and the construction of the brushes is poor. I fitted them to my Bosch washing machine motor in February and they only lasted for 8 months. After first fitting they were fine and the motor sounded like new again. However the motor stopped yesterday and when I pulled the washing machine out there was, quite literally, a pile of carbon on the floor under the machine. The brushes had worn mostly down and one had virtually disintegrated. True the washing machine is on almost daily but that's no excuse for the brushes lasting only 8 months. I have replaced them with some costing 21 from a local repair shop and the replacement ones are the ones that the shop uses on the machines they repair. To quote the man behind the counter "We don't sell those cheap Chinese ones that only last 5 minutes because of the poor carbon".

Raleigh Folding Work Stand
Raleigh Folding Work Stand
Price: 68.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 28 Oct 2012
This is one of the best purchases I have made all year and certainly the one that has provided the most value for money. Indeed I can't understand what bike stands costing four or five times this have to offer that this one doesn't. The versatility of this stand is amazing. Not only does it fold flat but once opened you can hang bikes by their crossbar or seat post and at any angle or height you want. It is well built and feels secure and sturdy. All the levers are solidly constructed and engage properly when tightened. I have used the stand for 3 different bikes including a MTB with a very large crossbar and have had no problems securing any of the bikes in the stand. It has made many tasks much easier and seems to be a first class bike stand.

STV148 - ULTRA POWER MOUSE TRAPS - TWINPACK
STV148 - ULTRA POWER MOUSE TRAPS - TWINPACK
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely effective mouse trap, 14 Oct 2012
I've had a problem for a few months with mice in two outbuildings. I have tried poison and all that was happening was that ever increasing amounts of poison were getting eaten with few dead mice - I wasn't able to fully block access to the buildings and I think the poison was attracting mice from all around. I then tried cheap wooden mouse traps and all that happened with these was that the bait would be eaten, the trap sprung but no dead mice. I then tried these Big Cheese mouse traps and on the first night of use caught two mice out of four traps laid. Hopefully this will solve the problem at last.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13