Profile for Ann Andrews > Reviews

Content by Ann Andrews

Ann Andrews

Page: 1 | 2
Luxury Flannelette 100% Brushed Cotton Pink Single Fitted Sheet - Exclusive T...

3.0 out of 5 stars Pink flannelette sheet, 3 Oct. 2011
I really liked these fitted sheets, they fit well over my daughters new thick mattress, after the 1st wash I still liked them, but after the second wash, they are really bobbly and rough in the middle on the bit that she sleeps on. They are nice and warm for winter though so I will keep using them, but I wouldnt buy a spare set.

House of Pleasure
House of Pleasure

1.0 out of 5 stars What a muppet, 11 Jan. 2011
This review is from: House of Pleasure (Audio CD)
I also bought this CD thinking it was Ben Drew and tried to make myself like it! It wasnt till I read the other review that I realised my mistake. Cant send it back. Sniff

Russia (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Russia (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
by Michael Kohn

5.0 out of 5 stars Russia (Lonely Planet Guide), 30 Sept. 2010
What an absolutely fabulous book! I have it on my bedside table and read bits of it every night. The attention to detail is second to none. The book , just short of 800 pages starts off with trips you could take round Russia combining road rail and river and places of interest to stop off and see, with a rough idea of how long it will take you. The book then tells you about the very colourful history of Russia and all its rulers and theyre grisly demise, from 30,000BC to present in very easy to read style, and very interesting little snippets of information throughout the book. There are detailed road maps of all the cities and bus routes and the times and days they run. Full details of Hotels with telephone numbers, restaurants and bars are all listed. It even tells you where the best fishing rivers lakes and lagoons are, though they are very expensive apparently! There is a very interesting chapter on the environment national parks and reserves, and the Steppes. But the bit I like the best, is the secion at the back on the Russian language, it taxed my brain so much, that I ordered The Lonely Planet Russian Phrasebook, also from Amazon and that is fab too. To conclude, If you love Russia or even have a slight interest in this country, you will love this book,my review cannot give this book justice, I have barely scratched the surface.

Gibsons Dawn Patrol jigsaw puzzle (500 pieces)
Gibsons Dawn Patrol jigsaw puzzle (500 pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gibsons Dawn Patrol jigsaw 500 pieces, 30 Sept. 2010
We absolutely loved doing this jigsaw, there was plent of variation and interest and yet not to difficult for our children to join in (ages 9 and 13). The pieces are very good quality. This is our first jigsaw so I cant say the difficulty rating, but our parents who are in there 70s couldnt do it, they struggled with the sea being alot of the same colour. We have kept this jigsaw and we will definately do it again in the future.

Driver 76 (PSP)
Driver 76 (PSP)
Offered by GameExplorers

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun while it lasts..., 5 Sept. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Driver 76 (PSP) (Video Game)
I am an extreme driver fan and i love driver games. basically you do missions and unlock
prizes afterwards like a car or weapons or bonuses, so i kinda makes you want to finish
the missions so you can unlock your prize.i think the graphics are quite good and the
missions get a little repetitive after a while like pick someone up and then drop them
off then have a car chase and then get out and shoot some bodyguards and get in the car
and drive off...

thats basically all that happens, so if you like car chases and gun games but not really
much violence then this is the game for you

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP)
Offered by Future Gaming UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game!, 22 Aug. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
In this game you are a man who has had a bad past with his parents been awkward and a brother he hasnt seen in years, life isn't going well for him. He decides to join the army (where you start off...)hoping to make his life easier but its just got worse...
The general is a drug-addict and orders you to get some cocaine from him (or something like that) and the rest you will have to find out yourself...

this game has very nice graphics with about roughly 50 cars and about 30 weapons this game is a delight to play on
P.S 18's and over!