Profile for Paul Martin > Reviews

Content by Paul Martin

Paul Martin "The Jester" (East Anglia, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars What a powerful product - shocked at how effective this is!, 26 Feb. 2015
Having seen a number of these 'natural ingredients' products around and about, I got curious and decided to check out Amazon to see what kind of reviews they were receiving. Out of those reviews, this product seemed to have the better ratings, along with the 'verified purchase' indicators - always a good sign as far as I'm concerned.

Again, out of curiosity I thought I'd purchase a pack and try them out for myself. If only I'd read the reviews a little more carefully - particularly the bit about "taking only half at a time". After half an hour of taking, I didn't feel too much at all. A few more minutes passed and I began to feel the first effects. From feeling not particularly 'frisky' to feeling a little more 'frisky' than usual. Roll on a few more minutes later, and the slightest touch was resulting in a certain growth - wow!

As people had previously pointed out - taking half would have been more than enough. I felt a certain pressure (particularly in my head) - not a headache as such, but the feeling that my head was 'full' and a little tingly. It also provided a significant delaying quality (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about here).

Overall, a very impressive product. And next time I will be sure to break the capsule down into two halves!

296879 GODDARD'S
296879 GODDARD'S
Offered by K Master

5.0 out of 5 stars A product truly deserving a 5-star rating, 5 Nov. 2012
This review is from: 296879 GODDARD'S (Misc.)
As the title of this review suggests - this product is flawless.

With Rememberance Day approaching, and being in the business of court-mounting medals; there were a number which needed a thorough clean, some more so than others. A small number of these medals had clearly been oxidizing over a number of years.

You know when you get that feeling that something couldn't possibly be as good as people make out? Well I read the reviews on here before I bought a jar and admit I was still not fully convinced... Until one 30 second dip in the jar of Goddards, and the magic happened before my very eyes. A quick rinse under a warm tap later and all the silver medals were like new again.

An absolutely brilliant product, and a must for anyone with a collection of silver. One more point to note - I have since 'cleaned' over 100 medals and the jar is still going strong, and hardly discoloured at all (a little sediment at the bottom)- well worth the small amount of cash I paid for it.

Once you're done rinsing, just use a little lint-free cloth to wipe and that's it. What could be simpler?

Nivea Sun Kids Moisturising Sun Spray Very High SPF 50+, 200 ml
Nivea Sun Kids Moisturising Sun Spray Very High SPF 50+, 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for concerned parents, 1 Aug. 2012
As the title suggests, I now consider this product an essential on our holiday checklist.

On application, the colour can be a little off-putting (a murky green colour) - but you quickly see that this is great for seeing any areas you might of missed on your kids. After a short while it turns invisible but you know it's on there. After that - kids being kids, they'll be in and out of the pool / sea etc, but you know they've got the Factor 50 protection because it's also waterproof which is such a bonus - not having to constantly re-apply.

I use a lot of Nivea products anyway, so you have the whole 'big brand' assurance - but overall a flawless product that will give you total confidence when it comes to making sure your children are protected. Brilliant.

SYMA S.012 3CH Remote Control Mini AH-64 APACHE COMBAT Helicopter Ready to Fly
SYMA S.012 3CH Remote Control Mini AH-64 APACHE COMBAT Helicopter Ready to Fly

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely fun and easy to control, 20 Mar. 2012
This is my second remote control helicopter and I was surprised how this measured up to my first in terms of stability. It is far easier to control making it ideal as a first model should anyone be interesting in getting one - without breaking the bank.

It's charge cycle is shorter than average and you'll be getting a good 6-8 minutes of constant flight out of it before it starts to run low. Because it is so small and light, the risk of damage is greatly reduced too - you just have to remember to follow the advice in the leaflet and when you see it's heading for a collision, just lay off the power and let it fall; each time I have done this it has remained in tact with so sign of damage to date (and it's been a few weeks already!)

Not to be used outside - the slightest edge of wind and this will be blown all over the place. Even an open door will visibly affect it's flight. But overall, definitely worth the money I paid for it, and still going strong. Ideal beginner remote control aircraft.

ORB Wired Headset (Xbox 360)
ORB Wired Headset (Xbox 360)
Offered by ARISE S&M

4.0 out of 5 stars Stands up well to the rest, 18 Aug. 2011
Many of the XBox 360 consoles come as a package deal, which include the headset. Whilst this may seem a bit of a bonus, in reality the headset provided will get you up and running but ultimately will not last you very long. They are a little like the headphones they give you on flights to listen to the on-board entertainment.

So even if you bought your console as one of these packages, or like me, bought a console without - it's a good idea to invest in one of these headsets if you're new to the whole Live experience and want something that will serve you well. It may not be like the all-singing, all-dancing headsets you can buy when you shop around, but frankly I'm not really au fait with having a massive set of headphones strapped to my head like some kind of airline pilot. This particular headset is discreet, has everything you need - and also only covers one ear, so you can hear your wife / partner chatting - and more importantly - the TV, whilst you're fully engaged in your online battles. Some may argue that this fits over the wrong ear (the left one) as the mic only comes down one way, and maybe looking at the design it couldn't have been too difficult to produce a boom mic that could be brought down either side, allowing the user to choose an ear. But with the budget price you're paying for this - it is an easy thing to forgive.

Overall, I've enjoyed several hours of use with it now. It is a very simple, easy to use headset with good sound quality allowing good communication at a very affordable price - what more could you want? There's no telling yet of it's reliability, but at this price I'm even tempted to buy another - just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cartomiser vs Atomiser, 27 July 2011
What else can I add to an already very helpful review? Corrinpowers covers all the useful info about refilling and performance - and I couldn't agree more. I have been using these for almost a year now and they offer a very clean and consistent peformance that has kept me coming back to them over and over again. What I can do however, is compare their performance to the other products available out there.

These cartos will easily outshine the atomiser because they do not seem to suffer any degradation in performance - and those of you that use the conventional atomiser/cartridge arrangement will know that after a few weeks the vapour tends to reduce, followed by the inevitable failure some time down the line. But add to that the cost of a single unpredictable atomiser being roughly the same price as a pack of five cartos, each with its own element.

Out of the other types of carto out there, you also have the clearomiser. These are manufactured with some kind of transparent perspex/acrylic casing and initally seem like an excellent choice, given that you can see exactly how much e-liquid you have left. The flavour, throat hit, vapour production tick all the right boxes. From personal experience however (out of a pack of five that I ordered), one was already cracked and the other four - for reasons unknown - began to leak after about two days. Not an advisable purchase! And finally you have the cartos that contain an absorbent filler-pad. These range from the first edition Boge type, to the newer SMOK-Tech dual coil types. Each provide an excellent kick and seem to hold the flavour well. But the only negative side to filler-pads is that after a while it becomes harder to take a draw as the unit begins to clog with old e-liquid.

And so there you have it. The second edition Royal Smokers cartos may be a little trickier to refill, and for some reason tend to have a certain dryness about their flavour - but overall they can be refilled many more times, and have a reliability that is second-to-none. That is why that until they produce a carto that combines the best of both worlds, I will always have a healthy selection of these to hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant for testing the water, 8 July 2011
It's been almost a year now since I last smoked for real - and it is all down to these mini e-cigarettes. Having tried a number of other products out there from a number of different sellers, I can say with confidence that these are the best value for money product around, with a performance that easily competes with its more expensive counterparts.

Convinced the e-cigarette is about 100 times healthier than regulars, I have studied many reports online now, and nothing so far has convinced me otherwise. Some of the arguments against are pathetic - such as the many flavours available appealing to minors - ludicrous. From my own experience I can breathe much better. According to my wife I have stopped snoring. And because I've replaced one habit with a similar one (and therefore resisting the urge to snack) I have not put on weight ...unlike the time I gave up using other methods.

For the product itself it performs brilliantly and produces clouds of vapour. The atomiser life varies, typically 3-5 weeks I find - and this the same for all e-cigs regardless of cost. The difference being of course is that these atomisers are a lot cheaper to replace. The battery will last you around 4 hours if you are using the e-cig like a 20-a-day smoker because of its size. Unfortunately that's the science behind it - anything that lasts longer has to increase in size, especially as it is powering a heating element. Therefore I recommend if you're going to buy one of these e-cigs then get yourself a USB mains charger and car charger to go with it.

To maximise the throat hit and get the best vapour you need to draw slowly. The LED will blink to cut off the atomiser after 5 seconds to prevent overheating. There are also forums online as well that will tell you how to clean your atomiser out every once in a while to keep it at full performance.

When I was quite new to 'vaping' I found the best way was to buy a new starter kit each month, and discard the starter kit I bought two months ago, meaning I always had two: one to hand, the other charging. The cartridges will last you the same as about 5-7 cigarettes. It's a good idea to see how many draws you take on a regular cig to gauge this before switching to get an accurate idea on how long you should be using your e-cig for. Overall, this works out around 4-5 times cheaper than ordinary cigarettes and although it doesn't taste the same, it feels exactly the same. No more going out in the cold wet weather too - especially good this time of year!

One more thing to consider if you don't feel it is lasting as long as it should... The novelty effect should not be underestimated. Count up how many times your mates try it out, and it'll make a lot more sense. After their curiosity has died down, you'll suddenly realise it lasts a lot longer! It's good in a way though, because a lot of my friends have now made the switch too.

To summarise, these kits cost less than a packet of cigarettes and offer great a way of testing the water to decide if vaping is the way ahead for you. If you are looking at the longer term, then it may be an idea to invest in something designed for more reliable use such as the 510 Cartomiser kits. Overall an excellent idea, and after finally helping me to quit once and for all, I cannot praise it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cost effective, efficient and reliable, 29 Jun. 2011
I cannot say it enough - e-cigarettes are one of the most fantastic, beneficial, money-saving products out there for any smokers seeking an alternative to the bad habit. But if there was just one thing I would improve - it would be the atomiser. I've bought lots of budget kits now as well as the more professional kits, and with each they have one thing in common, and that is the completely unpredictable performance of this little heating element (AKA The Brains of the Operation). As I have mostly purchased budget kits it has not really been an issue for me, as the cost of a replacement (or entire new starter kit) is minimal compared to the amount of equivalent 'smokes' it provides in return. But for those of you that have been caught out and come up against that frustrating feeling when it 'dies' on you, read on...

The first thing I noticed about the 'carto' is the slightly shorter length, as it combines both the liquid pot as well as the atomising element, making your Titan / Joye 510 look even more like the real deal. Once activated they also produce a more distinctive crackling noise than the standard atomiser - this is normal.

I've been using cartos for about 9 months now, and each one lasts about 2-3 weeks before they get a little too clogged with e-liquid. But unlike the atomiser, the carto performance seems to stay constant from the day you fill it up, to the day you eventually dispose of it. They tend to produce good vapour, and deliver a consistent throat-hit.

Originally intended to be a disposable product, many users in the online forums (and indeed some suppliers) are keen to point out that they can be refilled a number of times. The refill process is a little trickier, but it is also a lot cleaner than dripping or attempting to refill cartridges with a small opening. The methods are widely shown on youtube, but I wholeheartedly recommend buying the blunt needle and syringe set NEEDLE AND SYRINGE PACK FOR CARTOMIZERS for a quick and easy process which will have you set up for the entire day (or longer depending on usage). To give you a better idea - each carto holds around 2ml of e-liquid (about 40 drops), and as a former 20-a-day smoker, I will fill a carto in the morning which wont require a refill until another day or two.

If that hasn't convinced you to ditch the atomiser, those messy filler pads and cartridges - consider that this pack comes with five cartos at a cheaper price than a single atomiser in most cases, all ready to be filled with your choice liquid. Quite why five more reliable products work out cheaper than a not-so-reliable one, is a bit of a mystery - but a mystery that I'm not about to point out to the manufacturer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, efficient and consistent performance, 29 Jun. 2011

The first thing I noticed about the 'carto' is the shorter length, as it combines both the liquid pot as well as the atomising element, making your Titan / Joye 510 look even more like the real deal. Once activated they also produce a more distinctive crackling noise than the standard atomiser - this is normal.

Originally intended to be a disposable product, many users in the online forums (and indeed some suppliers) are keen to point out that they can be refilled a number of times. The refill process is a little trickier, but it is also a lot cleaner than dripping or attempting to refill cartridges with a small opening. The methods are widely shown on youtube, but I wholeheartedly recommend buying the blunt needle and syringe set NEEDLE AND SYRINGE PACK FOR CARTOMIZERS for a quick and easy process which will have you set up for the entire day (or longer depending on usage). To give you a better idea - each of these larger cartos holds around 2ml of e-liquid (about 40 drops), and as a former 20-a-day smoker, I will fill a carto in the morning which wont require a refill until late the next day. In terms of refilling, I find that each carto lasts about 2-3 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most reliable combination, 29 Jun. 2011

Originally intended to be a disposable product, many users in the online forums (and indeed some suppliers) are keen to point out that they can be refilled a number of times. The refill process is a little trickier, but it is also a lot cleaner than dripping or attempting to refill cartridges with a small opening. The methods are widely shown on youtube, but I wholeheartedly recommend buying the blunt needle and syringe set NEEDLE AND SYRINGE PACK FOR CARTOMIZERS for a quick and easy process which will have you set up for the entire day (or longer depending on usage). To give you a better idea - each carto holds around 1ml of e-liquid (about 20 drops), and as a former 20-a-day smoker, I will fill a carto in the morning which wont require a refill until the next morning. In terms of refilling, I am currently on my 7th refill for each carto, and both are still going strong.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6