Profile for Lizzie Dripping > Reviews

Content by Lizzie Dripping

Lizzie Dripping (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Truth or Dare? (Choc Lit) (Chesil Series Book 1)
Truth or Dare? (Choc Lit) (Chesil Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Truth, dare, double dare, promise or command., 7 Aug. 2014
Light, entertaining read which makes you think. Which would you go for - a truth or a dare. Looking forward to reading more by this author.

The Chemistry of Reading - Arousing your Reader
The Chemistry of Reading - Arousing your Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 7 Aug. 2014
It may appear a little academic for some tastes, but if you;re a serious writer and want to know 'why' your readers keep coming back for more then this book is a must have. I attended a seminar given by the author last month and that's what made me download the kindle version. Recommended.

Knight and Trask: Secrets and Spies
Knight and Trask: Secrets and Spies

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 7 Aug. 2014
I choose this book because I liked the cover and was pleasantly surprised because I enjoyed the story. A great double act and I look forward to reading more in the series (if there are more). I would certainly choose this author again.

Taylors of Harrogate Colombian High Andes Fair Trade Ground Coffee 227 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee. Poor packaging., 7 Aug. 2014
As usual, fabulous coffee. The very best.

I would say, however, that some of the packaging wasn't brilliant and the vacuum in some of the bags had been released and the packs were 'flat', thus making it difficult to keep the coffee for as long as I wanted. Being as I ordered quite a few packs this is a bit of an issue. Will be considering this before I order more from Amazon.

100 Individual - Douwe Egberts Pure Gold Coffee Sachets
100 Individual - Douwe Egberts Pure Gold Coffee Sachets
Offered by Sweet Addicts

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 7 Aug. 2014
Coffee was very bitter and of a poor quality. Not what I expected

Millie's Game Plan
Millie's Game Plan

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice, light read, 15 Jun. 2014
A nice, light romance which was well crafted and written - and with well-rounded characters. Some Laugh out loud moments, too. . Something for the summer months or the beach when you're in the mood for romance a don't want to drag a huge paperback around with you all day. Will read more of this new author's work.

To Scotland With Love: A Kilts and Quilts Novel
To Scotland With Love: A Kilts and Quilts Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars A great debut novel, 15 Jun. 2014
Ms Griffin has made a great start to her Kilts and Quilts series with TO SCOTLAND WITH LOVE. As someone living in the UK I was intrigued to see what her take on Bonnie Scotland would be - tartan, shortbread and Brigadoon? Or a genuine romance where the heroine and the hero have to work through the issues that keep them apart? I'm glad it was the latter. . . The author handles the developing relationship skillfully, describes the village of Gandiegow like she really knows her way around it and makes us experience Cait's dilemmas with her. A great cast of characters and a satisfying ending. I can't wait to read the other books in the series

Game of Thrones - Season 3 [DVD] [2014]
Game of Thrones - Season 3 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for number four, 12 Jun. 2014
Really enjoyed the third box set in the series. One episode to go and then we'll have a long wait until series 4 becomes available. Have started to read the books, too, which certainly helps to fill in the 'gaps' in the story. Highly recommended.

Body Heat: 1 (The O'Roarkes)
Body Heat: 1 (The O'Roarkes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Asbestos gloves needed, 9 Jun. 2014
This is the latest Katherine Garbera which I have read and I think its my favourite so far. I liked feisty Andi who holds her own in a male dominated world - she's a fire chief, following the the long line of O’Roarkes who have dedicated their lives to saving others. In the process of gaining her family and co-workers' respect she lost something precious - her belief in herself as a sexual, attractive female. Enter Tucker the arson investigator who makes her feel wholly female and shows her a side to herself that she's been denying. Their love affair is as scorching as the fires Andi has to extinguish. In the end all heroines have to make a choice - and Andi is no exception. Can she 'allow' herself to fall in love with Tucker?

Psychic Surveys Book One: The Haunting of Highdown Hall - A Supernatural Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Who You Gonna Call . . ., 9 Jun. 2014
. . . Psychic Surveys. Okay, maybe that doesn't have the same ring as "Ghost Busters - but neither is this book a run-of-the-mill ghost story. First of all I loved the cast of characters who helped Ruby in her quest to bring peace to Highdown Hall and to lead Cynthia 'towards the light'. As another reviewer has said - they are a great cast to carry forward into another paranormal. Especially Jed the spectral dog and Cash, the caring boyfriend. I read this novel quite quickly as I wanted to know if Cynthia had signed a pact with the devil (not telling!). I was also intrigued to find out what psychic experience had damaged Ruby's mum psychologically. (no spoilers here, either.) The author has a concise style and Highdown Hall was clearly written; I especially loved the detailed descriptions of Hastings and Brighton. But, for me, it was the heroine Ruby's determination to bring all lost souls towards the light (even when she was terrified) which makes this novel touching.That's why I give it five stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8