Profile for Mary Bronte > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Olympus 10 x 25 PC I Silver Binocular
Olympus 10 x 25 PC I Silver Binocular
Offered by Appods

5.0 out of 5 stars binoculars were excellent value, and arrived nicely packed in the time ..., 13 July 2014
Thank you,binoculars were excellent value,and arrived nicely packed in the time specified,many thanks

The End of Winter:  A Crime Thriller
The End of Winter: A Crime Thriller

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price..., 16 April 2014
I had read Redemption Blues which I had enjoyed, so tried this bargain offer. It is nicely written, but for me wandered round too much, and the characters were not really credible. I did read to the end, but though it was good value, I was a bit disappointed. Sorry T.D. Griggs.

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 2)
Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 28 Jan 2014
I bought this as I had to see what happens in the end, having read part 1 and 2. It had a bit too much battling in for my taste, and this got a bit convoluted in places, but all in all an unexpected but satisfying conclusion.

Clinique Aromatics Elixir Body Wash 200ml
Clinique Aromatics Elixir Body Wash 200ml
Offered by Prestige Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome gift, 28 Jan 2014
I buy this for a present each year for the same friend, she always asks for it again as she really likes it, so it must be good

Clinique Aromatics Elixir Body Cream 150ml
Clinique Aromatics Elixir Body Cream 150ml
Offered by Direct Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, 28 Jan 2014
Bought as a present, pricey, but I am told it is excellent, arrived promptly as well, and got to the right address in spite of my computer muddles!

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, 28 Jan 2014
A lighthearted and enjoyable read, in places amusing, and in others quite touching, as we follow Bridget as a youngish widow struggling to keep a job with young children needing attention, plus of course, some new romances.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good socks!, 28 Jan 2014
No problems with these socks, bought as a gift, my brother told me they were warm and comfortable, and he gives his socks a lot of pounding on his long winter walks!

V is for Vengeance (Fethering Mysteries Book 22)
V is for Vengeance (Fethering Mysteries Book 22)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 9 Oct 2013
I always enjoy this series of books, and read this to the end in record time. Perhaps not my favourite but a good read all the same. Perhaps Rosie's restaurant food is getting a little farcical? The usual characters seem to have lost their zing a little? A little predictable? I'm looking forward to the next though!

Map of a Nation: A Biography of the Ordnance Survey
Map of a Nation: A Biography of the Ordnance Survey
by Rachel Hewitt

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm told its great!, 9 Oct 2013
I bought this for a present for someone with an interest in mapping, and he says he is finding it absolutely fascinating and has found out many useful mapping facts and interesting anecdotes. So, I suppose, ideal for someone with an interest in facts and maps!

Family Values
Family Values
by Wendy Cope

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely collection, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Family Values (Paperback)
I went to see Wendy Cope read her poetry recently which was a great experience. When I got home I just felt the need to get her book as soon as possible so I could look again at what she had written, and discovered several new poems to enjoy. She just manages to pinpoint those memorable moments of life with such great precision, in so few words, in the way she records experiences we may have had, or may not have had, with such insight.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3