Profile for Mr. Richard Marris > Reviews

Content by Mr. Richard Marris

Mr. Richard Marris "richardmarris" (UK)

Bouncy Balls
Bouncy Balls
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars IT'S QUITE GOOD, 30 July 2012
This review is from: Bouncy Balls (Toy)
I was pleased with the price and the quality of this product the only thing I would say is I think thay nead to put a little bit more powder in the kit,the balls are a little bit squidgy and not as bouncy as you would expect. I was also a bit disapointed when my powder started to go, but I made 1 big ball and 2 small balls.
But over all I think this is a money well spent kit and a great load of fun playing and making them. (by L aged 13)

by Dave Hunter
Price: 16.92

5.0 out of 5 stars sound affects, 21 Sep 2004
I always thought Eddie Van Halen got his killer sound by putting
stripes on his guitar. Now I find he used a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal. It's a bit upsetting as I sold the one I had to my brother for 15. Now he knows and the tight little bugger wants 100 for it.
Unfortunately for him he's only read chapter 1 of this great book and I've read it all. Once he's got as far as me he'll know enough to buy a pedal that'll blow Dave Lee Roth's flares off.

Dave Hunter's enough of a valve head to to satisfy anyone with a
soldering iron and an oscilloscope while putting it all in enough entertaining musical context to keep a lightweight like me - who doesn't even like changing his strings - happy.
Whether you want to crank your valves or flange youreslef into oblivion there'll be something here for you. The best guitar gear book I've ever read.

by Dave Hunter
Price: 16.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound affects, 21 Sep 2004
I always thought Eddie Van Halen got his killer sound by putting

Dave Hunter's enough of a valve head to to satisfy anyone with a
Covering all types of effects from simply cranking your amp to flanging yourself into oblivion this is the best book on guitar gear I've ever come across.

Bali
Bali
Offered by westworld-
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Crowded House meets The Monkees, 9 Jan 2001
This review is from: Bali (Audio CD)
Wonderful tunes in clever arrangements from a aband who live up to all the promise that being Brian Wilson's backing band implies.