Profile for Kairra > Reviews

Kids Garden Play Set Toy Watering Can Spade Rake Gardening Tools and Carry Case
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop
Price: 7.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a first set!, 29 April 2014
Although the watering can was broken within a day of getting the set, I still really likes it. My 16 month old had so much fun digging the soil and filling the pots, then watering herself, and the set is all plastic so it's nice and easy to wash after a hard day watching mummy curse at the umpteenth weed that had been dug BACK into the freshly dug earth. It was wonderful to see her so happy and helping me. The set is safe for play outside and in too.

A Dark, Dark Tale
A Dark, Dark Tale
by Ruth Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of my childhood..., 27 April 2014
This review is from: A Dark, Dark Tale (Hardcover)
I had forgotten about this book until recently, when I read something to my 16 month old daughter that mentioned 'dark, dark'. I absolutely loved this book as a child and when i saw the cover all the memories of reading it came back to me! Each page is full of beautiful illustration as you follow a black cat into a scary, old house until finally you reach the end point - a tiny mouse living in a box! I always used to think the little box looked so cosy and sweet.

The sentences are short and rhythmic which appeals to my toddler and keeps her attention, as we play spot the cat over each page. It's one of those books that I feel every child should have experience of, it really does make for wonderful reading.

My only negative was that I bought it second hand on Amazon and the company shipped me a very damaged copy, with pages falling out and ripped, although had I saved my own copy it would have looked the same so I didn't send it back. Being so used meant more than I thought, it's just not a book that feels right brand new.

Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?
Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?
by Bill Martin Jr
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic introduction to animal conservation, 27 April 2014
My daughter loved Brown Bear, Brown Bear and Polar Bear, Polar Bear so when i saw this I had to get it. It surprised me a little; the other two books contained what I consider to be 'basic' animals, ones that are well known and popular. However here were animals like Macaroni Penguins and Water Buffalo, and the ending focussed on stating how they were wild and free. It was a pleasant surprise and I'm glad we have it!

Cuddle Bear
Cuddle Bear
by Claire Freedman
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful excuse for cuddles!, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Cuddle Bear (Paperback)
We took this book out from the library and I haven't been allowed to return it since! It's a delightful book, written in rhyme so that you can read it to a beat, which I find my daughter is very partial to (she's 16 months). The pages are full of bright, beautifully drawn animals that are easy to recognise and of course, the whole book is about cuddles so we can act the story out easily. All I have to do is say 'cuddle bear ' randomly and the book will appear.

I found it very cheap second hand here on Amazon, the seller was brilliant and even had the book delivered on a Sunday!

Assassin's Creed Revelations - Collector’s Edition (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Collector’s Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by LT Lighting
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for AC lovers!, 11 April 2014
I normally buy the highest tier collectors editions of the games I feel strongly about although when this game came out I wasn't able to, so I settled for this one. I love the artbook in this one, plus the box has a cool opening method. The in game items aren't amazing and I don't normally do the online content for AC since I won't pay Xbox gold fees so it doesn't really matter to me all that much. I just liked the artwork really :p

SwiftKey
SwiftKey
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Was great until they slapped charges on it!, 10 April 2014
This review is from: SwiftKey (App)
I really liked this keyboard set on my xperia T and when I had it, it was a free download. I don't know when the charges came in but now there's a charge I'm not willing to pay, especially with other keyboard that are just as good, if not better, and still free.

Wind in the Willows (Usborne Picture Storybooks)
Wind in the Willows (Usborne Picture Storybooks)
by Lesley Sims
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful abridged version for toddlers, 10 April 2014
I wasn't sure about this when I ordered it as sometimes abridged versions can miss the point completely. However along with the gorgeous artwork, this book is a fantastic first look at the Wind in the Willows story. It's also great for non readers as well as readers - my 16 month old loves pointing out the things in the pictures as m.co.ukch as the story telling!

Definitely a good purchase and I recommend it.

Fire Study (The Chronicles of Ixia)
Fire Study (The Chronicles of Ixia)
Price: 6.44

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best young adult trilogies I've read in along time, 10 April 2014
So good I actually named my daughter after the main character, Yelena - and I'm not kidding!

The book (in book 1) centers around Yelena, who finds herself put in an impossible situation by her captor: face the noose, or become a food taster for the commander. Not as easy as you might thinkwhen what you're tasting for poisons and the only way to understand what a poison tastes like...is to eat them. Valek, her captor and the commander's assassin and consultant, guides her through her training with tricks and traps. Along the way secrets are reveiled, trusts are tested and bravery is a necessity.

I won't go into it any further, mainly because I hate it when too much is revealed in these reviews, but also because the magic of the books is in the reading!

Look out for the next book in the series, according to Facebook Maria is writing it and getting ready to release it now!

Magic Study (Book 2 in The Study Trilogy)
Magic Study (Book 2 in The Study Trilogy)
by Maria V. Snyder

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best young adult trilogies I've read in a long time, 10 April 2014

Poison Study (MIRA)
Poison Study (MIRA)
by Maria V. Snyder

This review is from: Poison Study (MIRA) (Paperback)

The book centers around Yelena, who finds herself put in an impossible situation by her captor: face the noose, or become a food taster for the commander. Not as easy as you might thinkwhen what you're tasting for poisons and the only way to understand what a poison tastes like...is to eat them. Valek, her captor and the commander's assassin and consultant, guides her through her training with tricks and traps. Along the way secrets are reveiled, trusts are tested and bravery is a necessity.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4