Profile for slinky_malinki > Reviews

Content by slinky_malinki

slinky_malinki (UK)

Hi-Visibility LED Dog Collar / Pet Safety Light, Perfect For walking Your Pet In the Dark.
Offered by Etrade247 Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Great light... Poor design..., 22 Jan 2013
This little light itself was great in the short time that we owned it. However, as stated in previous reviews, the way that you turn it on and off isn't the best. I took to unclipping it from the dog's collar and leaving it on the sideboard but unless it was completely taken apart, it still flashed if moved slightly. I unscrewed ours to stop it flashing (and it needs to be unscrewed a fair amount to accomplish this) but hubby didn't realise and next time he took the dog out, it fell off the collar and we lost it. I know it's not an expensive product, as far as products go (and the concept is good) but I don't think I'll be replacing the one we lost.

Ancol Plush Dog Lips Dog Toy (Type May Vary)
Ancol Plush Dog Lips Dog Toy (Type May Vary)

4.0 out of 5 stars Destroyed..., 22 Jan 2013
I loved this when we got it and thought the novelty value (for us) would be immense. Which it would have been if he'd not destroyed it within a fortnight. I agree with the other reviewer completely, this is not for dogs that chew (wish I'd read the review first). However, that has no bearing on the toy itself, more on Herbie's manners.

The toy is lovely and soft and, of course, squeaky. It looked very funny when he was trotting around with it in his mouth & he enjoyed destroying it.

There is nothing wrong with the product itself and is ideal for dogs that are a little more genteel than ours!

Pet Qwerks - Doggy IncrediBubbles Everlasting Bubbles For Dogs
Pet Qwerks - Doggy IncrediBubbles Everlasting Bubbles For Dogs
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable..., 22 Jan 2013
Our pup Herbie adored these. He would have had us blowing them literally for HOURS... However, the tube isn't very large. I think he's had his £3.80's worth out of them though - and so have we in pure enjoyment watching him try to catch them. They are very sticky and did leave a residue on his coat so would probably be best kept for outside play (for the sake of the furniture, floors etc). I doubt it's nothing that a damp cloth couldn't solve though so it's not the end of the world. I'm not sure 'everlasting' is the best way to describe these as the ones that did escape Herbie didn't stick around once they landed.

I would buy them again, probably sparingly but the enjoyment factor was great!

Happy Pet Wiggly Giggly Ropeball Dog Toy
Happy Pet Wiggly Giggly Ropeball Dog Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present..., 22 Jan 2013
I bought this for our Sprocker puppy for one of his Christmas presents. He loves it. It makes a 'giggly' noise when you throw it or shake it and the rope on each end is great for playing tug of war. The main body of it is hard plastic and is still in one piece although he has almost managed to chew through one of the rope handles - not a minus point for the toy, I think we just have a destructive pup!! Only one word of warning, they can HURT if you're whacked over the head with one - as my poor husband found out when our pup jumped up on the sofa, swung it round & used it as a weapon hitting hubby square on the head. Still... it was quite funny!!

All in all, sore heads aside, I am pleased with the product. It does what it says on the tin and makes an interesting alternative to a bog standard pull toy.

Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook 200 Slow Cooker Recipes
Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook 200 Slow Cooker Recipes
by Sara Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow Cooker Heaven :), 22 Jan 2013
I have purchased more than my fair share of slow cooker cook books in the past but this is one of the better ones and is the one that I keep returning to. I have the Kindle copy and also have it downloaded on my Samsung S3 which, propped up on the kitchen counter and substituted as a recipe book, is actually very user friendly. The pictures are in black & white on my Kindle but full glorious technicolour on my phone.

The colour photos look appealing and certainly the recipes I have tried have turned out very well... no disasters yet!! I use our slow cooker 3-4 times per week and whilst using previous slow-cooker books I have tried recipes that both looked and sounded good on paper but turned out not so well in practice - I therefore never try them again. I have however made certain recipes from this book more than once.

I have read in previous reviews that some people don't like having to `pre-cook' before putting in the slow cooker. I haven't come across any recipe that requires `pre-cooking' yet. However, many slow cooker recipe books will recommend that you `brown' your meat before placing in the slow cooker - for aesthetics only. I have read somewhere recently that Jamie Oliver no longer browns his meat prior to slow-cooking so I may be right in saying that this step is non-essential. However, I think that if you want to produce good-looking food (i.e. browned sausages look much nicer than pale ones), I would continue to brown.

The recipes don't use specialist ingredients, are easy to follow and produce lovely home cooked meals - what more could you ask for? For the price it is... snap it up and enjoy.

PS - The sausages with onion gravy was a MASSIVE hit in my house.

A Piece Of Cake
A Piece Of Cake
by Cupcake Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A lesson in determination..., 16 Oct 2006
This review is from: A Piece Of Cake (Paperback)
I finished this book in a couple of days. I think 'enjoyable' would probably be the wrong word to use, as at times, it made me cry. Cup's story is a rollercoaster of emotions but ultimately one of survival & determination. I've never felt so proud of someone that I don't know. You go girl!!!