ARRAY(0xaa481ce4)

Musotuner

Divine Healing [Illustrated] [Annotated]
Divine Healing [Illustrated] [Annotated]

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!, 14 Sep 2013
This is an excellent book written by a 'master' of the subject. While I might quibble with one minor detail, on the whole I found this true to the teaching of the Bible and fully recommend it to anyone interested in God's promise of healing..

Signature in the Cell
Signature in the Cell
Price: 6.02

3.0 out of 5 stars A must-read book for everyone, 14 Aug 2013
I suggest this is essential reading for anyone interested in the evolution/intelligent design debate.

For the evolutionist, who claims the theory of evolution is 'science', since any scientific theory must show it is the best of all possible explanations and it cannot possibly be known any theory is the best until a fair look is taken at all the alternatives, here is the perfect book to examine 'the other side'. This book is a thorough explanation of the biggest problem for evolution - the appearance of the first living cell and the complex information within it that enables its existence (without which the process of evolution could never take place).

For those who accept intelligent design, it is a comprehensive explanation of the scientific evidence for this, from a University professor who has spent many years researching and discussing the origin of life with many of the top names from both sides of the debate, in the UK and USA.

For someone unused to reading the technicalities of how a cell is made up and functions, some of it may be heavy going - but most of the explanations are accessible to anyone of average intelligence and the technical sections can be skipped over.

Stephen Meyer gives an interesting insight into the history of how the makeup of the living cell was gradually discovered, and quotes from the latest research in showing the falacies that evolutionists have used in order to prop up this theory, which he shows, step by logical step, to be unscientific and impossible.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the book.

However, there is a big minus! As with many books of this type, there are very many end-notes; and while most of them are simple references to the source of the quotations in the main text, there are many that are explanatory notes, amplifying the text to which the notes are affixed. Usually in a Kindle book, these notes can be accessed by pressing on the note number, which jumps you to the note. Then, by pressing on 'BACK' you are returned to the text. However, in this book the note numbers do not have any built-in function. So the only way to access the notes is by putting a bookmark in them, and when you want to read one, putting a bookmark in the text where you are, getting the drop-down menu to access the bookmarks, go to the one you want, put in a new bookmark for the next note after removing the old bookmark, getting the drop-down menu to go back to the text, remove the bookmark you put there, and continue reading. It is a real hassle, and at the price asked for this book, one I would not expect to come across.

However, there's another snag: sometimes (perhaps about 1 in 10 times) after returning to the text, when trying to go to the next page, it would either be blank or have skipped one or two pages. Pressing to go back a page takes me back to where I've just come from. Trying to get it to go to the next page is a real struggle once this has happened. There is clearly something wrong in the software either of the book itself, in the Kindle reader for an Android tablet, or in my tablet. However this has never happened in any other Kindle book I've read: on the other hand I've never had to skip between bookmarks in this way before either!

So these two problems make reading the book on my Tablet pretty hopeless. In the laptop version of Kindle it is possible to have the bookmarks permanently on display down the side, so is much easier to navigate backwards and forwards, and the problem of missing pages does not occur. But it's a real pain to have to use the laptop to read the book when it would be so much easier to use my Android tablet.

Finally, the illustrations are not in the correct place in the text. So, depending on the size of font one has chosen, it can be several pages after the illustration has been mentioned that it appears: by which time the text is talking about something else!

I think it is a very poor job on the part of whoever put the text of this book into Kindle format that they didn't bother to provide proper end-note navigation and didn't put the illustrations where they should be; and the first problem is a real set-back to anyone wanting to read it using a tablet or Kindle reader, and the second is there whatever the platform one uses.

So to sum up, it's definitely five stars for the contents of this book, but only one star out of five for the presentation: hence the three stars I have given to it. However, I still say, absolutely, that this book is well worth buying and reading, in spite of the end-note and illustration problems - it's such a shame that they are there!

Learning To Flow With The Spirit Of God
Learning To Flow With The Spirit Of God

3.0 out of 5 stars OK as far as it goes, 30 July 2013
I have enjoyed Kenneth Hagin's writings in the past, but was rather disappointed with this book - probably my own fault for not looking at the preview before I bought it! Rather than a study on the work of the Holy Spirit, it is mostly about procedure/discipline in church services when the gifts of the Spirit are in operation. It is also very short - I'd finished it in about 15 minutes!

THE COLLECTED WORKS AND SERMONS OF REVEREND ANDREW MURRAY [Illustrated] (The Writings of Andrew Murray | Classic Christian Writings and Sermons)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Christians to read, 12 Dec 2012
I have not yet finished working my way through this book, but so far I have found his teaching to be absolutely first class. Indeed, he confirms lessons it has taken me many years to learn, and am still learning. For any Christian keen to be everything that God intends, I can think of no better place to find advice than in this book.

Seagate 500GB Expansion Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive
Seagate 500GB Expansion Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Expansion Drive, 10 Nov 2012
The drive arrived in good time and after trying it on both my laptop and main computers, found it performs perfectly. So I am able to back up both computers with no difficulty. I'm very satisfied.

Time2 7" Android Tablet PC MID Netbook Sleeve Pouch Neoprene Protective Cover Case ePad aPad UK
Offered by FatGadgets UK
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful!, 29 Aug 2012
This cover is well padded and for the price I couldn't possibly have expected any more. The tablet slips into it easily, and the top lifts over to hold it in place. So it gives good protection to the tablet while not increasing the overall size significantly. I'm pleased I bought it.

Screen Protector (pk of 5) for M009S Capacitive / A10 7" / LY-F1
Screen Protector (pk of 5) for M009S Capacitive / A10 7" / LY-F1

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the can!, 29 Aug 2012
My packet of screen protectors arrived in double quick time and seem to be perfect for the job. I have not yet used one on my tablet, as its present cover is fine at the moment, but I have cut one down to use on my PDA and that is perfect. In fact I have discovered that with careful cutting I can get four PDA screen covers from one protector, so my pack of five should last quite a while!

M009S 8GB NATPC M009S 8GB Capacitive Android 4.2 (JELLY BEAN) , 7" ,Dual Core (2 x 1.5 GHz) Super Slim Android Tablet PC with Responsive Capacitive Screen - Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook - HD 2160P - now with 8GB Storage and SKYPE VIDEO calling

4.0 out of 5 stars Android 4.0 Tablet PC, 1 Aug 2012
The delivery of this item was outstanding - even though I had not asked for priority postage, it arrived the next day. As far as I can tell, as a novice user of tablets, it is exactly as advertised and seems to be performing well. However, my one main gripe is over the documentation that was included with it.

It is written in English by someone who, clearly, has English as a second, or third language. Why do these companies not employ people whose first language is English to proof read and correct their manuals before printing them?

However the main problem was that the amount of help in the manual for someone who has never used a tablet before was minimal, and I spent a very frustrating few hours trying to work out what to do with it! My problem was only solved by consulting with my grandson (who got me off the ground) and then visiting various You Tube tutorial clips.

So my conclusion is:

Post, packing and delivery: 10/10
Performance of the Tablet: 10/10 (as far as I know, as a novice user!)
Helpfulness of the manual: 1/10

I think it is probably ideal for experienced users; for first-time users, be prepared to spend time looking at 'Android 4 for tablet' tutorials on You Tube.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2012 9:33 AM BST