ARRAY(0xab368ccc)

Moto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by DESIRE HD LTD
Price: 120.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I dont think I can add much to the 5* s, 22 Mar 2014
I doubt if this will be read but I would just like to say that every day I find something new on this phone. It is a delight to use and it pairs up beautifully with my Plantronics M55 Bluetooth Headset, in fact I have had to reduce the volume on said Bluetooth device. The battery life is incredible, tethering is so simple. In fact the subject title sums it up, no cons. Real happy with my phone. Bye one and enjoy.

TRIXES 3X 6X High Quality Illuminated Double Magnifying Glass Pocket Magnifier
TRIXES 3X 6X High Quality Illuminated Double Magnifying Glass Pocket Magnifier
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Does this device exist??, 6 Mar 2014
At the time of writing I have ordered this for a friend from two separate sources on Amazon with the same result, i.e. wait over a week, complain, get an apology and a statement intimating 'out of stock'. I have given up.

Sharp R372SLM 25L Solo Microwave - Silver
Sharp R372SLM 25L Solo Microwave - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Larger than I thought for the price, 21 Feb 2014
I bought this for a friend who is a 'self confessed technophobe' so the requirements were basically 'as simple as possible to operate'. This machine certainly seems at first hand meet these needs, I had the clock set up without consulting the manual in jig time. A very uncluttered layout of buttons and a large cooking compartment, in fact I hadn't checked the dimension so it is bigger than what she will ever use. I actually may purchase one for myself.
As the more observant of you will have noticed this is not a "verified Amazon purchase", well done :)
I bought it from Argos for 89.99 (at the time of writing this review 125+8 carriage on Amazon Marketplace).
I will update as I see and hear how she manages with this very nice machine.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Offered by nwmfd
Price: 199.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to beat, 24 Dec 2013
My first foray into Android was a Kindle Fire HD for my wife, knowing nothing about the OS I took the day while she was out to set up her email etc. Once I saw what it was capable of I decided to get myself a tablet, a Fushion 10" (not recommended), sure the screen was bigger but while on a tour of Curry's I notice how bright and clear this display was, yep impressed. Coming up to my son's birthday I decided to go for this machine and give him my Fushion (he is happy with it).

Pros:

Quicker boot up than either of the above, especially the Kindle
Superb display
Slim and easy to hold
Battery life incredible and arrives with a fast charger (shame on Amazon, near 18)
Plenty of free apps, Amazon, Playstore and Samsung apps. I inadvertently selected Spanish when setting up Samsung apps. Their response to my plea for help was to reset to factory settings, yea right, my only moan.
Camera and screenshot great (screenshot off by default, 'settings', 'motion' switch on)
'Smart Stay' so helpful, no need to keep a finger on the screen, just look at it and it will not go into Battery Saver mode.
Buttons you can feel unlike Kindle
Sound is great
The 'virtual keyboard' is alpha-numerical so when it comes to typing in say your wifi password, what a difference.
Oh, It's a good idea to go through Settings, remember the default ones and try to improve your experience of this truly amazing tablet. Don't change them if you're happy with it but I just like to get my 'hands dirty'

Cons:

I can't fault it.

Buy it and enjoy

Oh, I feel I should add I put in quite a bit of research both online and in stores. The morning came for me to bite the bullet, Amazon had increased the price overnight by 50. Onto Curry's website, 179, reserve and pick up in store (a 5 min. drive). So Amazons greed cost them at least one sale and I think at this time of year quite a few more. As I write this the price on Amazon varies from 189.99 to 209.99. This company has many good points but I feel the position they are in, their prices should be a little below all other retailers.

Update 27th Dec:

Amazon are getting fairly irritating in as much as they are following prices rather than leading them, now 149 (at time of writing). I am going to be doing a lot more reseach before making a purchase with them. I know they monitor all of these reviews and comments but do they care....no.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2013 3:51 AM GMT

Navman Mio M614 LM UK Satellite Navigation System - with free carry case
Navman Mio M614 LM UK Satellite Navigation System - with free carry case

1.0 out of 5 stars What a let down and potentially dangerous, 19 Dec 2013
Having used a Navman for about 5 years I never thought I would have a bad word to say about their products.
* I took this out on a route I know well, there were a few changes which didn't show up, fair enough, I updated the device (oh, I lost the Average Speed Camera alerts in the process), no big deal.
* First time used in anger was to get my wife to a hospital on the other side of the Glasgow in rush hour traffic (I use the term rush very loosely). It uses predictive typing so I entered the post code then it requested the street name and number, the number was 133 but after typing 13 the 3 was ghosted.
* It took us to, then by the entrance, I turned back and just started to ignore it, I don't recall how many u-turns it asked me to perform.
* What will it do if I ask it to get me home, (set for the 'quickest route')?
* Once on the M8 all was familiar and when approaching the slip off to Clydebank, "continue on this road Kilmarnock", na, I'll crack the jokes.
* Today decided the matter when it told me to drive 400 yards in the wrong direction up a one way road and turn right into bollards which have been in place for many years.
Whatever happened to the mellifluous audible tones of the little old satnav I bought all those years ago. Now it is computer generated, appalling, garbled junk, oh insult to injury the battery will last 45 mins. on an full charge. After the initial charge I did what I think most people would do, start to learn where everything is, add Home and perhaps a couples of test address, not far in you get a warning telling you to connect to an external power source, therefore unlike my old one it has to be connected all the time.

Hey, really great case.

Efergy Energy Monitoring Socket 2.0 - plug-in energy monitor
Efergy Energy Monitoring Socket 2.0 - plug-in energy monitor
Offered by EnergyMonitorWorld
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Spec is good, 18 Dec 2013
Ok I have been requested to give a review on this product so all I can say is that delivery was very prompt. I was really looking forward to checking out my dehumidifier in particular.
Plugged in, no display, that’s ok I recalled a reviewer stating that it required an initial charge.
Connected over night, no display, not right, I am afraid I had to return it during which time I came across the one I had purchased in 2009. New batteries, plugged in dehumidifier and then a surprise, the thing just wouldn’t switch off, it usually turns off after 47 to 50%.
I have since reset it and tried again, no way, this device may however be different but I just thought I would let you know so you can try it on all appliances.

Nice feel and look just a pity it didn’t work, good luck.

Fantastic 4 In A Row HD Free
Fantastic 4 In A Row HD Free

5.0 out of 5 stars AKA Connect Four, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Fantastic 4 In A Row HD Free (App)
Always liked this game even though I have taken a few thrashings by others and PC's.
If you get on the back foot there is little you can do about it so you have to concentrate from the start.

Simon for Android
Simon for Android

5.0 out of 5 stars It is Simon, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Simon for Android (App)
There is not really a lot to say about this app, you either have or haven't played Simon. For those couple of people who haven't, it is from 'Simon says' where you watch and listen and then replicate what Simon has just done, i.e. tap the four colours in the order Simon did.
I was going to give it 4* because I am and always have been hopeless at it but that's unfair :)

Letris 3: Word Puzzle Game
Letris 3: Word Puzzle Game

1.0 out of 5 stars I LIKED it, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Letris 3: Word Puzzle Game (App)
An interesting twist on Dropwords and Tetris, not easy but very addictive. If you like word games and a time challenge this is for you, enjoy.

Update 26th December:

I had only reached level 48 so turned on my tablet this morning and immediately noticed a change. The ugly little dud was animated, nodding towards the gift box, I collected my 10 free tokens and proceeded to start up on level 49. The opening screen appeared, no stars (top left), no tokens, level 1. The first level 'remove 100 letters' all levels the same until you reach five, you are then told to purchase it to continue, ok only 62p but if it just remove 100 letters until it is too fast for one then forget it, what happened to the, ice, the rocks and kill the monster. Here is the rub, I had purchased infinite lives.
Amazon Indian givers.

KJV Bible
KJV Bible

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent Bible, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: KJV Bible (App)
Since a recent update this has become even better. I am going to download the Matthew Henry's Commentary. I use eSword on my laptop but for mobile devices this is second to none, in my humble opinion.

Dave.